Chieliee vs nEsp at Stormy Beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seeking my first match :D

Beginner Battle
1v1 Singles
DQ time: 2 days
2 recovery moves, 4 chills

Arena:

Stormy Beach: Water on one side, sand on the other side. Can't have any weather apart from Rain.
Accepting Chieliee

No switch, no items, one ability

Nohface(*) [Diablo] (F)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)

Type: Steel/Ghost
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10

EC: 0/6
MC:0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Level-up moves:
Tackle (*)
Iron Defense (*)
Lick (*)
Leer (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Shadow Sneak (*)
Curse (*)
Scratch (*)
Odor Sleuth (*)

Egg moves:
Yawn (*)
FeatherDance (*)
Meteor Mash (*)

TM/HM moves:
Return (*)
Trick Room (*)
Substitute (*)

Staryu (*)[Ken Shu-Ri] (U)

Nature:Timid (+15% Speed, +22% Accuracy, -1 Atk)

Type:Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Natural Cure:(Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Analytic: (Can be Enabled) (Dream World) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.
Illuminate:(Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Illuminate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 98(85×1.15^) (+)

MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Level-up moves:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Recover (*)
Camouflage (*)
Swift (*)

Egg moves:
Aurora Beam (*)
Barrier (*)
Supersonic (*)

TM/HM moves:
Thunder (*)
Blizzard (*)
Scald (*)

Pawniard (*) [Quantum Ranger] (M)

Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)

Type: Dark/Steel
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Defiant: (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Pressure: (Innate) (Locked) This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60

MC: 0

Attacks:
Level-up moves:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Torment (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Metal Claw (*)

Egg moves:
Sucker Punch (*)
Psyco Cut (*)
Stealth Rock (*)

TM/HM moves:
Brick Break (*)
Rock Polish (*)
Swords Dance (*)

Cottonee(*) (M)

Nature: Bold (Defense increased by *; Attack reduced by *)

Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Prankster: Type: Innate

The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Infiltrator: Type: Innate

Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Chlorophyll (DW): Type: Innate

During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 66

MC: 0

Attacks:

Absorb(*)
Growth(*)
Leach Seed(*)
Stun Spore(*)
Mega Drain(*)
Cotton Spore(*)
Razor Leaf(*)
PoisonPowder(*)

Encore(*)
Memento(*)
Worry Seed(*)

Substitute(*)
Taunt(*)
Hidden Power (Fire, 7)(*)

Chieliee sends out his Pokemon of choice
nEsp sends out Cottonee and issues actions
Chieliee issues actions
I ref

Good luck and have fun!

Well, due to some mayor disconnection in my brain, I don't have much of a choice on who to send out, right?

Go, Cottonee the prankster!

Our first move is actually pretty obvious, as we need to stop his from statusing us, so taunt him ASAP. Then, we need some defenses. A substitute (15HP) should be sufficient. By then you'll probably have lost some health, so I want you to leach seed him, in order to restore some.

In short:

Taunt-> Substitute(15HP)->Leach Seed

OK, Diablo, I want you to go all-out attacking. Start up with a Meteor Mash to possibly give you that extra boost in power, and then show your love towards me by using Return. Wrap things up with another Meteor Mash to deal some big damage to that fluffy...thing..whatever, just hit him as hard as you can!

Meteor Mash>>Return>>Meteor Mash

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol sorry, I couldn't find this thread again for some reason.

Cottonee (M)
EN: 100

Diablo (M)
HP: 100
EN: 100

Round 1: Pimping at the Beach

Stormy Beach. Come here to drift away all your fears! Your complete get-away from life!

Now reporting - there's a couple newbies here that seem to be dishing it out! On one side, there's a pretty cute puffball thing called Cottonee while the other has a... what the hell is that? Diablo? Holy CRAP IT'S DIABLO! GET HIM AWAY FROM MMM...

Oh right, it's just a nickname. I name my dog Diablo too so no worries. Anyway, that little cotton ball seems to be quite a prankster, ain't he? Look at the pimp he is, all flashy and taunting. What does that punk think he is, the mafia? Diablo IS the devil after all and he doesn't really give a crap about the Taunt and smacks Cottonee a new hide with his Meteor smash Mash. This flings Cottonee around in such a tight circle that you'd think he created a Substitute of himself! Diablo gives him the "pimp's glare" and just spits out like the boss he is. Right then, he thrashes his entire body into this weird illusion with a Return smash. The Substitute seems to be quite sturdy - sturdy enough to even take this pathetic attack on! There, Cottonee smiles like a bigger, badder demon and plants some Leech Seeds onto Diablo to sap some bad blood into himself. This pisses Diablo off and makes him release some steam off by just bashing the incredibly ugly doll of a Substitute with his trusty Meteor Mash. Aha! It shatters into clear dust and reveals a quite leechy Cottonee! He's a bit weary though...

A1
Cottonee (Taunt): [10 EN]
Diablo (Meteor Mash): (10+3+0) = [13 DMG/6 EN]

A2
Cottonee (Substitute) -15 HP [12 EN]
Diablo (Return): (10+0) = [10 DMG/7 EN]

A3
Cottonee (Leech Seed): [9 EN]

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

Cottonee (M)
HP: 65
EN: 69

Diablo (M)
HP: 97
EN: 81
Leech Seed (5a)
Taunt (3a)

Chieliee's actions
nEsp's actions
me

That Taunt is stopping you from doing any of your awesome tricky stuff, so let's go full out attacking again with Meteor Mash, and follow up with another one! Go for that attack boost this time! End things up with yet another one! Try to raise your attack this time! It'll cost some energy, but it's OK. It's the only way to break those substitutes

Meteor Mash>>Meteor Mash>>Meteor Mash

EDIT: I'm asking if you can show RNG rolls if it's not too much trouble. You don't have to, I just think it's better :/

EDIT2: God, its annoying when you are SOO close to breaking a sub :/

Looks like it's a fight against the RNG from now on, Cottonee. But first things first, let's replace your old substitute with a new one(15HP). Then, in order to improve our odds of winning this, paralyze him with your Stun Spore attack. Due to the unpredictablility of the RNG, we have two scenarios for your last action. If you've still got that substitute up, go on the offense with a Hidden Power(Fire). If the substitute was destroyed, replace it with a new, identical one.

In Short:

Substitute(15HP) -> Stun Spore ->

If the substitute is still intact: Hidden Power(Fire)

If the substitute was destroyed: Substitute(15HP)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
too much unnecessary work for that, sorry. i really prefer not to. i'd rather save the time spent recording ALL of that work for subway/hall since it's actually necessary there. as you see, i'm pretty overworked. again sorry if that disappoints you.

Cottonee (M)
HP: 65

Diablo (M)
HP: 97
Leech Seed (5a)
Taunt (3a)

Round 2: Substitute Mashing

Do you smell stall? I do!

The little pesky Cottonee decides to be a punk and sets up another Substitute (15) right in front of his face. Diablo sighs a devilish grin as he watches the doll appear, but he picks up his courage and leaps in for a Meteor Mash! The stars spray all over, but the Substitute maintains its durability quite well. Afterward, Cottonee thinks hax is funny and throws a Stun Spore onto Diablo, making him even slower than a Shuckle! Aha! This immediately puts Diablo into paralytic shock as he can't move a single limb! Well, it's a good thing that after experience the pain, the Pokemon learns to combat it next time! Cottonee then happily fires off a Hidden Power onto Diablo, which burns him with light, but really weak, flames. Uh... wait a minute, nevermind what I said! Diablo, despite his mighty appearance, still cannot make a single move! At the very least, the paralysis is really wearing off, so hopefully he doesn't get bshax too much next round!

Oh! Diablo seems to be quite happy now! Is it because his Taunt has wore off?

A1

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

A2
Cottonee (Stun Spore) [6 EN]
Diablo (Fully Paralyzed)

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

A3
Cottonee (HP Fire): (7-1.5) x 1.5 = 8.25 ~ [8 DMG/5 EN]
Diablo (Fully Paralyzed)

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

Cottonee (M)
HP: 59
Substitute (2 HP)

Diablo (M)
HP: 80
Leech Seed (2a)
PAR (10%)

nEsp's actions
Chieliee's actions
me

Funny how it's round one twice in a row, Cottonee. Actually it's so funny that I want you to taunt that thing named Diablo. Just for good measure, you know. This is where I noticed that you didn't lose any energy last round. Or health, for the matter. Whatever, let's throw up a substitute, using 15HP. That is unless that devil gets lucky and have raised his attack stat. In that case, you'll have to make it a 20HP one. For your last action this round, I want you to leach seed him again.

In short:

Taunt->Substitute(15HP) unless he gets an attack boost, Substitute(20HP) if he gets a boost to attack->Leach Seed

Diablo: BS HAX. RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT HE'S RAGING.

the rage makes him attack on his own (hey, that saves me time writing this paragraph! :D)

Lick (hax plzz)>>Return>>Meteor Mash

It's funny how a fluffly ball is owning a poke called Diablo... but whatever.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
oops i forgot this existed

Cottonee (M)
HP: 59
Substitute (2 HP)

Diablo (M)
HP: 80
Leech Seed (2a)
PAR (10%)

Round 3: Hax vs Stall - Who's the Victor?

Cottonee goes ahead and cheerfully Taunts at Diablo with happy faces and sunshines. This enrages the sneaky ghost and makes him go into a Licking mood all over Cottonee's face! Sadly, this manages no crit nor paralysis - is that bad? Well, it's because there's a freaking Substitute in the way, which finally crashes down. Afterward, Cottonee sets up a quick ninja-like Substitute in front of Diablo's face, which is cringing in sight of the doll. All he does is attack in Return though, which doesn't manage to break the Substitute at all! Noticing how the Leech Seed just magically disappeared from Diablo, Cottonee goes in and replants then next batch of Leech Seed once again. Now really really really really pissed off, Diablo goes in and smashes the Substitute with all his Meteor Mash might. He kinda overdid it with a critical hit, but that doesn't really matter.

A1
Cottonee (Taunt): [10 EN]
Diablo (Lick): (4+3+0) = [7 DMG/2 EN]
Breaks Sub

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

A2

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)
Leech Seed ends

A3
Diablo (Meteor Mash): (10+3+3+0) = [16 DMG/6 EN]
Breaks Sub

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

Cottonee (M)
HP: 53
EN: 38

Diablo (M)
HP: 71
EN: 66
Leech Seed (5a)
PAR (5%)

Chieliee's actions
nEsp's actions
me

Again, start off with a Lick to hopefully paralyze that fluffy thing (what the hell is Cottonee actually?) Finish this round off with two consecutive Meteor Mashes, and hope for the attack raise! If that Cottonee sets up a Sub again, go for the Return instead.

Lick>>Meteor Mash>>Meteor Mash

When opponent uses Substitute, go for Return instead

Well, Cottonee, sorry for putting you into such a pinch. But we're both beginners, and we now know that all-out defense doesn't work. But let's try to turn this match around, we cannot give up yet, right?

We need offense, and the damage you can deal with you're current stats is, well, almost equal to none. Thus I want you to use your Growth move, to increase your offensive capabilities. Seconding that, create a Substitute of 15 HP. Finish off with another Growth. We'll take the offense next round, Cottonee!

To sum up:

Growth->Substitute(15HP)->Growth

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Cottonee (M)
HP: 53
EN: 38

Diablo (M)
HP: 71
EN: 66
Leech Seed (5a)
PAR (5%)

Round 4: Cottonee Finally Decides On OFFENSE!

ABOUT TIME!

Cottonee shakes his booty and absorbs some grassy particles, which is vital to his Growth! Diablo couldn't care less about Cottonee's stat growths since they SUCK in ASB (sorta) and gives him a nice Lick on the face! Ahahahahaha! A roll of 19/1000 for paralysis means that Cottonee has receive paralysis! (20%) Uh-oh! Will this stop Cottonee's plans! Nah, not yet son. Cottonee is still an annoying pest and quickly Pranksterizes a Substitute up like no man could ever do. This makes Diablo switch plans and use Return on the Substitute for light damage. Afterward, Cottonee, despite the intriguing paralysis, just keeps absorbing molecules for Growth while Diablo uses Meteor Mash to break the Substitute into pieces.

Oh yeah, the paralysis has run dry on Diablo! Might want to reapply it? Or not... maybe not? Oh oh, and Cottonee, your energy is kinda running out! You need a chill pill?

A1
Cottonee (Growth): [6 EN]
Diablo (Lick): (4+3+0) = [7 DMG/2 EN]
Inflicts 20% PAR

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

A2

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

A3
Cottonee (Growth): [6 EN]
Breaks Sub

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

Cottonee (M)
HP: 40
EN: 14
+1 Atk/SpA (2a)
+1 Atk/SpA (4a)
PAR (15%)

Diablo (M)
HP: 62
EN: 51
Leech Seed (2a)

nEsp's actions
Chieliee's actions
me

--------------------

edit: saving content of next reffing

Cottonee (M)
+1 Atk/SpA (2a)
+1 Atk/SpA (4a)
PAR (15%)

Diablo (M)
Leech Seed (2a)

Round 5: One Weary Cottonhead!

Okay, Cottonee, this will be a tough match. But we're not going to give in yet. We're going to Stun Spore him first, to reapply that paralysis, as we need every bit of luck we can get. Next, I want you to use a Hidden Power[Fire] in order to put a dent in him. Finish with a chill.

In short:

Stun Spore->Hidden Power [Fire]->Chill

hmm....40 HP.... Meteor Mash does 13.AARRGGHHH. (oops nvm forgot about Leech Seed)

Well, Diablo, start up with a Meteor Mash to do some big damage.(Get that attack raise this time). Follow up with a Return to some massive damage (damn, I really suck at writing these kind of paragraphs, don't I?) and finish off with another Meteor Mash.

EDIT: I'm not available for about one day from now on, so I might not reply very fast.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
sure no problem. i'm not reffing very fast at all.

Cottonee (M)
+1 Atk/SpA (2a)
+1 Atk/SpA (4a)
PAR (15%)

Diablo (M)
Leech Seed (2a)

Round 5: One Weary Cottonhead!

Cottonee is not done being an annoying cottonball and shakes his body to emit some Stun Spores into the air! Diablo is immediately inflicted with another paralysis! Gladly, he manages to bypass the snap of static and Meteor Mash Cottonee for a star spangled amount of damage! Funnily enough, Cottonee, despite his paralysis, is still faster than Diablo and pulls off a deadly, double boosted Hidden Power that roasts the snakey worm thing into crisp! Diablo just says "whatever man, that all you got" and hits the puffball in Return for goody damage! Afterward, Cottonee feels incredibly weary of this battle and chills out to recover some energy as Diablo pops out from behind and hits the ball again with Meteor Mash as if he was raging from a championship lost.

(yeah no paralysis hax at all!)

A1
Cottonee (Stun Spore): [6 EN]

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)

A2
Cottonee (Hidden Power): (7-1.5) x 1.5 = 8.25 + 3.5 = 11.75 ~ [12 DMG/5 EN]

Post-action:
+3 HP (Cottonee)
-3 HP (Diablo)
Leech Seed ends
Growth 1 ends

A3
Cottonee (Chill): [+12 EN]

Cottonee (M)
HP: 4
EN: 15
+1 Atk/SpA (1a)
PAR (10%)

Diablo (M)
HP: 44
EN: 32
PAR (20%)

Chielee
nEsp
Flora

Sorry for the late reply, was unable to acces internet for a while.

Ok Diablo, it looks like we've got this! Go for a Meteor Mash to finish that thing off! If you don't get paralyzed, that should finish it off! If not, go for a Return and another Meteor Mash!

Hm. If not mistaken, we've got about 2% to not faint this round. But that's assuming that my calculations are correct. We'll go for those 2% Cottonee. Begin with a leach seed to, hopefully, be able to regain some health. After that leach seed, you should have just enough energy to use an absorb, for further health regeneration. Finish with a chill, if you manage to hang on this far.

In short:

Leach Seed-> Absorb -> Chill

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Cottonee (M)
HP: 4
EN: 15
+1 Atk/SpA (1a)
PAR (10%)

Diablo (M)
EN: 32
PAR (20%)

Round 6: 6 Rounds? REALLY?

Despite the fact that he's going to faint really soon, Cottonee insists in plucking in some Leech Seeds into Diablo's ugly, demonic face. He manages to get through his paralysis and do so. Sadly, they don't activate fast enough... as Diablo wrestles with his own paralysis, wins, and smacks Cottonee with a finishing Meteor Mash! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

A1
Diablo (Meteor Mash): (10+3+3+0) = [16 DMG/10 EN]

Cottonee (M)
HP: KOed
EN: KOed

Diablo (M)
EN: 22
PAR (15%)

edit: apparently this was a 1v1 and i forgot it was.

gg people!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Rewards

Chielee: 2 TCs
- Diablo > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC | 1 KOC
nEsp: 2 TCs
- Cottonee > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC

Flora: 2 RCs

GG man. Looks like Subseeding isn't very viable in CAP ASB :(

But still, I wasn't sure if I could win after round two.

GG anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)