Choice band skarmory

I was making a mono flying team, when i had formed an idea that would totally catch people off guard. CHOICE BANDED SKARMORY. Ur probably thinking im crazy, but ive tried this set and it 1HKO'd a latios with brave bird on the switch. Im know nothing about calculating stats like other ppl do, but im assuming he didnt have a big defensive investment. Choice band Skarmory may lack a good movepool, but skarmory still has some sort of viable atacks that are useful. (Brave bird is a big staple on this set becuz it can pretty much leave a huge dent in many of the so called top tier threats)
Anyways, heres the set

Ev's : 255 attack, 4 defense, and 249 speed
Skarmory @ choice band
trait: sturdy
Brave bird: Hits most pokemon incredibly hard
Rock slide: fire type coverage
Night slash: trolls trainers that use psychic types
Iron head: good stab move + becomes even more annoying than defensive skarmory sometimes.

Well, this is my skarmory set that i have created, please read it and tell me your thoughts about a banded skarmory in the OU tier instead of that stupid defensive staller that doesnt have a good brave bird anyways cuz of lack of attack on defensive skarmory.

Ev's : 255 attack, 4 defense, and 249 speed
go read like an article on evs or something .____.

cb skarm is really bad, you're not hitting hard or fast enough on too many things and you also now fail to set up spikes. it just sucks

also you seem really angsty about current analysis or something "stupid defensive, so called top tier, etc", try and read around the site or something to get a feel for competitive play

tehy

Banned deucer.
Edit: Fuck it, advice.

Firstly, see what I'm doing here? I'm using proper grammar, spacing my sentences, etc. You don't have to capitalise or spell everything correctly but the way you're writing, I could tell right off that this set wasn't any good. And maybe don't scream CHOICE BANDED SKARMORY.

Secondly, try to learn more about the metagame before posting in this forum. From the EVs alone, it's clear you don't know that much about the game. By all means post about it on the OU form (You will get shot down like crazy though), and even use it in your games. But if you're posting here, and you don't know basic stuff? Chances are you haven't played long enough and read enough.

And thirdly, try to learn the format here. Just saying, how you posted that analysis was really against format, and while that's small, if you are serious about getting something approved, you want to look as good as you can. This goes double because you clearly don't think we will think CB skarm is any good. But if you present it in a clear, professional manner... you can at least improve your chances.

Oh yeah, you could talk to QC members beforehand and try to convince them, that's often a good step.

Double edit: Also, no one uses the lightbulb icon or titles in general, it looks weird when you do it.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
O.k, there are several issues with this thread. For starters, you lack the proper formatting seen http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=156&a=227

In addition, your language needs work (if you were actually serious about typing this up dissing Spiker Skarm potentially isn't the best idea to win approval" and the set itself isn't that amazing anyway. Im really sorry man

QC REJECTED 1/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)