1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Completed Chomper The Sharptooth vs. Son_of_Shadoo (ref: TotalPotato) ~ COMPLETE

Discussion in 'ASB' started by TotalPotato, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chomper The Sharptooth

    Chomper The Sharptooth

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Messages:
    301
    Well I did have focus energy. :P

    He can't kill you with those. Just wear him down and slow him down for Chidori!

    Light Screen > Ankle Sweep > Ankle Sweep
  2. TotalPotato

    TotalPotato

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    325
    [​IMG]
    Machop [Akihiko] (Male)
    Abilities: Guts, No Guard
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ****(+)
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **
    Spe: 30(-)

    Health: 13
    Energy: 50%
    Boosts: None
    Other: None
    [​IMG]
    Lickitung [George] (Male)
    Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ***(+)
    Def: ***
    SpA: ***
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 26(-)

    Health: 64
    Energy: 86%
    Boosts: -1 Spe
    Other: None


    Round 7: Start!

    Chomper proudly declares that Akihiko can survive three consecutive Ice Beams! Is this just empty bluster, or is there a plan backing this claim up?

    Perhaps there is - Akihiko thrusts his arms either side of him, and a Light Screen appears all around. Its potency is put to the test straight away, as George fires an Ice Beam in an attempt to finish Akihiko off. As the beam hits, the golden box surrounding Akihiko shimmers into view for an instant, then vanishes again.

    Still standing firm, Akihiko spins on his heel with practiced ease, sending George tumbling to the ground with another of his trademark Ankle Sweeps. Fuming, George figures that two can play at the attack-spamming game, and fires a second freezing Ice Beam at point-blank range. A golden glow surrounds Akihiko briefly, but alas, his Light Screen doesn't quite do enough to save him - he collapses, defeated at last.

    Round 7: End!


    Chomper's next Pokémon will be protected by Light Screen for 4 more actions.
    [​IMG]
    Lickitung [George] (Male)
    Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ***(+)
    Def: ***
    SpA: ***
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 26(-)

    Health: 53
    Energy: 68%
    Boosts: -1 Spe
    Other: None

    Akihiko is unable to battle! Chomper, please send out your final Pokémon and order your attacks for the round!
  3. Chomper The Sharptooth

    Chomper The Sharptooth

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Messages:
    301
    Go Chidori (Vulpix) !
    Jump back into the cornfield a few feet before you fire off the most powerful Overheat you can muster even if it burns the whole field down, hopefully the surrounding flame from it activates your Flash Fire. Then send that stat drop over his way with Power Swap. If he just used dig then I want you to disable it, otherwise try your luck at putting him to sleep with Hypnosis.

    Overheat > Power Swap > Disable (After Dig) / Hypnosis (After not dig)
  4. Son_of_Shadoo

    Son_of_Shadoo

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    2,849
    Ok, George, we're... Kind of getting the crap kicked out of us. Start off with a Double Team, since there's not much we can do about Overheat. It's going to sting. A lot. But you're a real man, you've got this. Our special attacks are weakened, which is a pain, but we can work around that. So use Supersonic, and then thwack Chidori with a grand slam Hammer Arm.

    Double Team >>> Supersonic >>> Hammer Arm
  5. TotalPotato

    TotalPotato

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    325
    [​IMG]
    Vulpix [Chidori] (Female)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Naive
    Max HP: 90
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **(-)
    Spe: 75(+)

    Health: 90
    Energy: 100%
    Boosts: None
    Other: Light Screen (4 more rounds)
    [​IMG]
    Lickitung [George] (Male)
    Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ***(+)
    Def: ***
    SpA: ***
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 26(-)

    Health: 53
    Energy: 68%
    Boosts: -1 Spe
    Other: None


    Round 8: Start!

    Chidori is released right next to the maize border. She dashes into the corn, her small stature making it easier for her to carry out her trainer's order. The mini-action does give George a small opening, though, allowing him to hastily make a clone of himself with Double Team. Chidori is curious as to which George is real, and it looks like she's about to find out... she fires a huge Overheat at the left George... and it sends her opponent flying back, causing the fake George to vanish! Sure, the attack was blocked very slightly by the corn, but really, how much of a Fire-type attack do you expect a bit of maize to absorb? The crop burns quickly, but Chidori is near enough to a smouldering stalk to jump onto the flickering flames, stoking her inner flame for future assaults.

    More offensive manoeuvres will have to with for now, though, as Chidori tactically uses Power Swap, leaving Chidori looking refreshed and George looking... a little lacklustre. Not that he's in any way deterred from his next move - his Supersonic attack is very, very loud, and at a very, very high frequency. Vulpix crouches low to the ground, groaning loudly - sounds like she has a pretty severe headache.

    Fighting through the throbbing pain somewhere at the back of her head, Chidori jumps out of the decimated area of crop, and stares intensely at George, trying to lull him into sleep with Hypnosis. Maybe it's the migraine, but she doesn't seem to be focusing directly on her opponent's eyes, and so George is able to resist the urge to nod off. Instead, his arm begins to glow fiercely, he walks over to Chidori, and whacks her right on the bonce, knocking her right back into the charred farmland with Hammer Arm! When Chidori recovers, she shakes her head, and looks a little more focused. George flexes his arm - transferring all that energy there messed up his internal balance systems, so he's been slowed down a bit.

    Round 8: End!


    Chidori is in an area of charred crops - it's mostly burnt stumps and blackened, drooping stalks where the bright greens and yellow once were. The charred crops are in a wide line where her Overheat passed over, and at the end of the line, just over 5 metres away and still in the clearing, stands George.
    How are we going to explain this to the farmer??


    [​IMG]
    Vulpix [Chidori] (Female)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Naive
    Max HP: 90
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **(-)
    Spe: 75(+)

    Health: 78
    Energy: 74%
    Boosts: None
    Other: Light Screen (1 more round), slightly confused
    [​IMG]
    Lickitung [George] (Male)
    Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ***(+)
    Def: ***
    SpA: ***
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 26(-)

    Health: 39
    Energy: 55%
    Boosts: -1 SpA, -1 Spe
    Other: None

    Your move, SoS!
  6. Son_of_Shadoo

    Son_of_Shadoo

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    2,849
    Hehe, I really don't have a chance anymore, do I? Ah well, George, no mercy! Dig underground, then wallop Chidori hard. Finish the round with Zen Headbutt.

    Dig >>> Dig >>> Zen Headbutt
  7. Chomper The Sharptooth

    Chomper The Sharptooth

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Messages:
    301
    OKay Chidori. Start off with a Flamethrower, no need to outdo your last burst. Then after he tries to hit you with a dig I want you to disable him to prevent another. Top it all off with yet another flamethrower.

    Flamethrower > Disable (Dig) > Flamethrower

    (...We'll tell the farmer we were improving soil fertility)
  8. TotalPotato

    TotalPotato

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    325
    [​IMG]
    Vulpix [Chidori] (Female)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Naive
    Max HP: 90
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **(-)
    Spe: 75(+)

    Health: 78
    Energy: 74%
    Boosts: None
    Other: Light Screen (1 more round), Flash Fire, slightly confused
    [​IMG]
    Lickitung [George] (Male)
    Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ***(+)
    Def: ***
    SpA: ***
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 26(-)

    Health: 39
    Energy: 55%
    Boosts: -1 SpA, -1 Spe
    Other: None


    Round 9: Start!

    Chidori starts off the round by... lying down on the ground and sobbing?? I'm not sure what to make of this, to be honest... maybe she's feeling bad about burning down enough corn to feed a family for a week? Whatever the reason, she seems to be punishing herself by viciously swiping at her own face. George, meanwhile, ignores this strange display and Digs underground.

    Chidori seems to have regained her senses now, and is now awaiting an attack. It's quite a while in coming, but George bursts through the earth to strike Chidori hard with a strong Dig. Having been knocked back through more maize, Chidori slides to a halt, then mentally Disables the technique, sealing it out of the reach of George's memories for the time being.

    Chidori dashes through the maize again to try to get a decent shot at George. Luckily for her, George, being fairly large, is trying to push his way through the maize. This isn't the quickest way of getting through, so he's barely started doing this by the time Chidori spots George, searing him with a red-hot Flamethrower. This attack cuts across the "Overheat line of destruction" at about 45 degrees, leaving a "Flamethrower trail of ruin" that burns out about... oh, I'd say five days worth of corn for the average family? Oh, and George takes a lot of damage too - the corn barely did anything to block that attack. He still has enough in him to rise up again, though, and he charged full pelt at Chidori to deliver a Zen Headbutt. Because of the height difference, he strikes down at her, so she doesn't slide too far. It's far enough that she disappears out of view into the expanse of maize, though.

    Round 9: End!


    George is right at the spot where Chidori launched her Flamethrower. Chidori is probably only about 3 metres away, but George can't see exactly where she is through the corn. He knows in which direction he hit her, though.


    [​IMG]
    Vulpix [Chidori] (Female)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Naive
    Max HP: 90
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **(-)
    Spe: 75(+)

    Health: 45
    Energy: 62%
    Boosts: None
    Other: Flash Fire
    [​IMG]
    Lickitung [George] (Male)
    Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ***(+)
    Def: ***
    SpA: ***
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 26(-)

    Health: 26
    Energy: 39%
    Boosts: None
    Other: None

    It's your turn to destroy the income of honest, hard-working people... I mean it's your turn to order, Chomper.
  9. Chomper The Sharptooth

    Chomper The Sharptooth

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Messages:
    301
    Jump out from a side that you didn't hit Lickitung from to surprise him and do as much damage as you can with Flamethrower > Flamethrower > Overheat. If the corn gets in your way then burn it with you to recover any Energy you lost using the attack.
  10. Son_of_Shadoo

    Son_of_Shadoo

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    2,849
    (You tell him, I'll be running like hell once you beat my ass this turn... Consider it your winner's privilege.)

    Ok, George, take the Flamethrower like a boss, then Disable it. Then just Hammer Arm twice, I guess.

    Disable (Flamethrower) >>> Hammer Arm >>> Hammer Arm
  11. TotalPotato

    TotalPotato

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    325
    [​IMG]
    Vulpix [Chidori] (Female)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Naive
    Max HP: 90
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **(-)
    Spe: 75(+)

    Health: 45 -12
    Energy: 62% -10 -9
    Boosts: None
    Other: Flash Fire
    [​IMG]
    Lickitung [George] (Male)
    Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Brave
    Max HP: 100
    Atk: ***(+)
    Def: ***
    SpA: ***
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 26(-)

    Health: 26 -14
    Energy: 39% -5 -7
    Boosts: None
    Other: None


    Round 10: Start!

    If you listen closely, you can hear the faint sound of rustling coming from somewhere within the expanse of maize. Where exactly the noise is coming from, though, is a complete mystery... that is, until Chidori jumps out a little way up the "Flamethrower trail of ruin", and fires a Flamethrower right at George's exposed back! The flames burn away yet more corn, extending the trail of ruin into something longer, like... an avenue of ruin? A bridleway of ruin? Whatever - the point is that she won't be extending this particular trail anymore (not with Flamethrower, at least), because George has temporarily erased the knowledge of how to perform the attack from Chidori's memory with Disable.

    Alas, Chidori has not yet worked this out, and she tries to use Flamethrower again. All that comes from her mouth is a puff of smoke. Undaunted, Chidori tries her best to concentrate on the attack, failing to notice George striding over to her until his Hammer Arm hits her squarely on the head, knocking her right back down the charred trail... bridleway... thing.

    When Chidori gets back to her feet, she gives another Fire-type attack a whirl. She's pleased to discover that Overheat is one move she can still pull off, and if you didn't know any better, you'd think that the healthy corn flanking either side of the trail was acting as a sort of channel for the attack. George is hit full on by the devastating attack, and he collapses on the ground, completely spent.

    Round 10: End!


    [​IMG]
    Vulpix [Chidori] (Female)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Stats (open)
    Nature: Naive
    Max HP: 90
    Atk: **
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **(-)
    Spe: 75(+)

    Health: 33
    Energy: 43%
    Boosts: None
    Other: Flash Fire, Flamethrower is Disabled (4 more actions)

    George is unable to battle! The winner of this battle is Chomper! Congratulations!

    So Chomper, as your reward, you get 2 Trainer Counters, 1 MC, EC and DC on each of your Pokémon. Akihiko and Chidori also get a KO bonus each.

    SoS, commiserations. You still get 2 Trainer Counters, 1 MC, EC and DC on each of your Pokémon, as well as a KO bonus for George.

    What's this? I think I see a Cacturne approaching. I guess he must be employed here as a scarecrow, huh? Wait, he's spotted the destroyed crops! And now he's spotted us, too! RUN!
  12. Son_of_Shadoo

    Son_of_Shadoo

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    2,849
    GG Chomper. TotalPotato, thanks for reffing.

    And, well... I'll be fleeing like a little girl now. KTHXBAI! Thank God for Cacturne having base 55 speed. Ooh, what a fancy scarf it has... OH CRAP.
  13. Chomper The Sharptooth

    Chomper The Sharptooth

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Messages:
    301
    Good game to you too, thanks for the reffing ref just one quick nitpick

    First sentence of OP is a lie if I'm reading into this Cacturne situation correctly. :P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)