Christmas 2013

For many of you, I imagine that it's Christmas Eve at the moment, but for me it's Christmas Day and I've already got my first batch of presents, so what the heck. Christmas thread. Great time for family bonding and stuff.

So what are your plans for next few days? I'm heading over to my cousin's place in a little bit to meet the rest of my family, then tomorrow I'm going over to a family friend's house. It's a bit of a tradition for my family to watch the Boxing Day Sydney to Hobart yacht race. I never actually do watch the race, but whatever. As for presents, so far I've gotten two pairs of shorts, two belts, a toothbrush, some really crappy speakers and two sticks of deodorant. Nice to know everyone thinks I smell. I also have $150 in gift money, which I'm gonna spend on gaming stuff. Right now, I'm thinking of grabbing the MGS Legacy Collection and A Link Between Worlds, but if I get $50 more I can buy a PS Vita and one game (probably Tearaway or Persona 4 Golden).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Just wanted to stop in on this thread to say Merry Christmas everyone!!!

:>

My family went to the Macy's @ downtown Mpls on the upper floor where they have a big auditorium filled with dolls and such. It's really neat and cute and great for the kids! :D

I apologize for the grainy images but the lighting wasn't the best in the world!!! x.x

Merry Christmas, guys!

I didn't have such a stellar day. I was supposed to go visit my grandparents as per usual but a combination of tiredness and stress provoked a flurry of seizures, after which I slept for an hour. So then my brother and father went by themselves and I was stuck home with no actual food, everything shut, and the car half an hour away. >< Haha. I just ate chocolate all day and talked to friends, which isn't so bad in retrospect—being around the people you care about is one of the best parts of Christmas.

My grandmother sent some cold meat home with my brother so I did eventually get to eat. My combined birthday/Christmas present is a new phone, which I don't have at the moment but will have the money for in early 2014 maybe. And we're going to the Boxing Day sales tomorrow (which will probably be very tedious to be honest, but, hey, money is being spent on me, I can't be ungrateful ;p) to get stuff my brother and I need for university on my grandmother's credit card, which for me is a tablet (never thought I'd see the day where I'd see the use in one of these things...) and a new laptop charger. If we even make it in time. x_x So I made out pretty well!

Merry christmas everyone! My christmas is with my dad's side of the family (my mum's side is over in Hong Kong), which is pretty swell. Present unwrapping was fun, and I received a new camera lens, as well as The Great Gatsby soundtrack and a Total Film subscription :)

Because our aga is dead right now, we're gonna try and have barbecued turkey despite the likelihood of miserable English weather. Alas, tomorrow will be back to GCSE revision, but hey, today has been/will be fun.

Here's hoping you're having a great christmas too!

I am going to death valley snd vegas for Christmas. Then going to bryce canyon, zion national park, monument valley and grand canyon in the coming days. First Christmas away from family :-(

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
merry xmas y'all c:

Today I pretty much got new jewellery which is cool because I love jewellry (one of the necklaces was from my boss, who also gave me a lotto ticket and a scratchie, which is v cool given I've only been working there since July!) Um, I also got new pants, random things I needed, gift cards and perfume. I thiiink that's all?? Some relatives came over which was full of ~drama~, but I got to take cute photos of the dog so idc. My eyes hurt most of the day but that's the most "well" I've been at an xmas in years (or at least, since 2006, since I sort of convinced myself of an xmas curse), so woo.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I got $100 and a pair of shoes from my parents but I already have like 2 unused pairs of shoes so I think they ran out of ideas for me lol. In terms of what I'm doing, going to a friend's house for Christmas dinner (he moved to same state as me shortly after I moved) so that'll be good to see him again. No plans after that so probably just studying and talking with people online until college starts again. Happy holidays everyone!

Merry Christmas to all!

As for me, going to watch 47 Ronin today with some family. In terms of gifts...well brother unsurprisingly disappointed me, despite the fact I helped get him a set of car tires and a tool chest he wanted, he decided I needed a robe and some slippers...neither of which I ever fucking wear. Needless to say he's not getting anything besides 1 giftcard from me next year...

Everyone else hit me nice gifts though, and I got them nice ones in turn, so it works out.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My family got me a couple 3ds games, some new headphones, a new military aviation calendar, and just some other random stuff. From grandparents in new zealand my sister and I got a ridiculous amount of money, which is all I need for my gift to myself, a new motherboard for my laptop. I never ask for much so I always wind up happy on christmas no matter what haha :)

Hope everyone has a nice holiday!

Got a new laptop! (Alienware)

Also got a bunch of $ (which I don't really *need* due to my funds from TF2 but still appreciated) and an Xbox One controller (my brother got the console; I hardly play console anymore) and some very nice clothes and stuff. :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I got some candy, a book about frogs and, most importantly, a trimmer

All my topiary experience is about to come into play, because this bush needs some serious trimming

Merry Christmoose to all!

I got some money, candy and a book, And regarding any plans well.... There is some Christmas wondertrading, And i am gonna go grab some trading cards and...... Most likely just hang around :/

Long post coming up, I love talking about Christmas.

I guess it started Christmas Eve night when I went to church with my mom's side of the family. I'm not religious but I actually really enjoyed the service. Awesome pastor, really friendly people, and singing Christmas music is always fun! It was a shame that my grandparents and one of my uncles couldn't go. (my grandpa is old and not in the best condition, and my grandma stayed home with him, and my uncle's mom was in the hospital so he was visiting her)

Then we all went to my grandparents' house. Grandpa managed to stay away during most of our party, which is good. For dinner we had soup and bread. (I had the best chicken noodle soup in the world) Then I drank a really good zinfandel from New Zealand and listened to Nightwish's cover of Walking in the Air. (my dad liked it, so I'm now trying to get him to be a Nightwish fan) For dessert we had buche du noel (however you spell it) and a chocolate wafer cake (which was delicious). Then, as part of our tradition, we each opened one gift, which is always pajamas. Mine are really soft, but apparently my "real" Christmas pajamas were still in the mail and the ones I got were just from Target or something.

Then we put out cookies for Santa but ended up eating most of them within 10 minutes.

The next day we woke up to see what Santa brought us. (my sisters and I are all too old to believe in Santa but the tradition lives on) I got Froakie and Umbreon plushes, mini Doctor Who figures, the new Children of Bodom album, Century Child by Nightwish, and a lot of sweets. Then the rest of my mom's side of the family showed up and we ate brunch. I had bacon, ham and sweet breads. Then we all exchanged gifts. I got 2 yodeling pickles (kind of an inside joke), the new Dark Tranquillity album, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, an awesome Zelda shirt, 3 really big Doctor Who shirts, clothes, money and a few other things. I feel kinda spoiled typing all that, even though I've had far more expensive presents in the past.

The rest of the day we all just chilled out and hung out and it was really nice. My uncle eventually showed up at 5:30-ish, and then we had a lot of appetizers. My favorites were the smoked salmon on mini rye bread with dill-caper sauce, and baked brie and date on French bread. We didn't eat dinner until 8-ish, and it was our usual Christmas dinner. I ate beef tenderloin with mustard sauce, cheesy potatoes and crescent rolls, and we also had mushrooms which were apparently really good (but I don't really like mushrooms so I didn't eat them) and salad. We also had lots of wine, of course. (I had more zinfandel)

Then we started our annual ping pong tournament but didn't finish it. Then I had a milkshake for dessert, and then I had milk with Bailey's. Then we played a Charades-type game which was really funny because I was kind of tipsy. (and Alexander Hamilton is impossible to guess for Charades) Then I just talked with my family before I went to bed.

Today I watched Despicable Me 2 for the first time (good movie), and then I had Christmas with my dad's side of the family. That didn't go as well since I'm not as close with them and something happened that made me panic and cry and I was just in a bad mood and couldn't even eat dinner.

We have a few more fun events planned this week before I fly home on the 30th.

money was really tight this year, so i could only afford to get my baby niece a nice gift

sounds cheesy, but fuck most everyone else, i love that kid

i'm corny, whatev, she was really all i needed to see this christmas and that lil tyke put my life in perspective <3

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Long post coming up, I love talking about Christmas.

I guess it started Christmas Eve night when I went to church with my mom's side of the family. I'm not religious but I actually really enjoyed the service. Awesome pastor, really friendly people, and singing Christmas music is always fun! It was a shame that my grandparents and one of my uncles couldn't go. (my grandpa is old and not in the best condition, and my grandma stayed home with him, and my uncle's mom was in the hospital so he was visiting her)

Then we all went to my grandparents' house. Grandpa managed to stay away during most of our party, which is good. For dinner we had soup and bread. (I had the best chicken noodle soup in the world) Then I drank a really good zinfandel from New Zealand and listened to Nightwish's cover of Walking in the Air. (my dad liked it, so I'm now trying to get him to be a Nightwish fan) For dessert we had buche du noel (however you spell it) and a chocolate wafer cake (which was delicious). Then, as part of our tradition, we each opened one gift, which is always pajamas. Mine are really soft, but apparently my "real" Christmas pajamas were still in the mail and the ones I got were just from Target or something.

Then we put out cookies for Santa but ended up eating most of them within 10 minutes.

The next day we woke up to see what Santa brought us. (my sisters and I are all too old to believe in Santa but the tradition lives on) I got Froakie and Umbreon plushes, mini Doctor Who figures, the new Children of Bodom album, Century Child by Nightwish, and a lot of sweets. Then the rest of my mom's side of the family showed up and we ate brunch. I had bacon, ham and sweet breads. Then we all exchanged gifts. I got 2 yodeling pickles (kind of an inside joke), the new Dark Tranquillity album, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, an awesome Zelda shirt, 3 really big Doctor Who shirts, clothes, money and a few other things. I feel kinda spoiled typing all that, even though I've had far more expensive presents in the past.

The rest of the day we all just chilled out and hung out and it was really nice. My uncle eventually showed up at 5:30-ish, and then we had a lot of appetizers. My favorites were the smoked salmon on mini rye bread with dill-caper sauce, and baked brie and date on French bread. We didn't eat dinner until 8-ish, and it was our usual Christmas dinner. I ate beef tenderloin with mustard sauce, cheesy potatoes and crescent rolls, and we also had mushrooms which were apparently really good (but I don't really like mushrooms so I didn't eat them) and salad. We also had lots of wine, of course. (I had more zinfandel)

Then we started our annual ping pong tournament but didn't finish it. Then I had a milkshake for dessert, and then I had milk with Bailey's. Then we played a Charades-type game which was really funny because I was kind of tipsy. (and Alexander Hamilton is impossible to guess for Charades) Then I just talked with my family before I went to bed.

Today I watched Despicable Me 2 for the first time (good movie), and then I had Christmas with my dad's side of the family. That didn't go as well since I'm not as close with them and something happened that made me panic and cry and I was just in a bad mood and couldn't even eat dinner.

We have a few more fun events planned this week before I fly home on the 30th.
Nightwish is cool yo

I got clothes, cash and candy which is literally all that I need.
Also my little cousins and sister got a Wii U so hopefully they get bored of it by the time SMTxFE comes out.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I got the best present ever. a couple pairs of boxers and a laptop cover. yayyy... But guess I could put them to good use so it was a good gift. Could be better but I wont complain since money is a bit tight.

A knife set, and cutlery set, plus a bag of jams/mustard/conserves/shortbread.

Phone case and DVDs from the girlfriend - we intend to get each other something bigger but haven't decided what yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)