Cinccino (GP 2/2)

[Overview]

<p>As a general rule, Pokemon that look badass are powerful, and Pokemon that look cute are weak. Cinccino turns this unwritten law upside down, and shows people just how wrong they can be. Thanks to an extensive physical movepool, incredible Speed, and great Attack (not to mention a great ability), this adorable little bunny can sweep entire teams with ease. Unfortunately, no Pokemon is without its flaws, even Cinccino. It has rather miserable defenses, meaning that Pokemon it can't OHKO will probably be able to take it out. Even though Cinccino is very fast, there are plenty of Scarfed Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO it; and its Speed also becomes irrelevant when confronted by priority moves. However, if Cinccino is saved until late in the game, when everything on your opponent's team is battered and bruised, and enemy Choice Scarfers have been eliminated, Cinccino can clean up the remains with very little effort.</p>

[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Tail Slap / Return
move 2: Rock Blast
move 3: Bullet Seed
move 4: Wake-Up Slap
item: Life Orb
ability: Technician
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Cinccino is one of the most lethal late-game cleaners that reside in the NU metagame. This set brings together all of its best attributes, Speed, coverage and power, into a lethal little bundle of fluffy fun. A dilemma for Cinccino users is the choice of STAB move. Tail Slap is Cinccino's signature move, and it benefits greatly from Technician. Its ability to outdamage Return and break Substitutes makes it invaluable, but it comes at the cost of 85% accuracy, which is a major drawback since Cinccino really can't afford to miss. Three consecutive hits of Tail Slap offer around the same damage output as Return; after three hits it becomes the more powerful move. Return is the more reliable (remember, Tail Slap may only hit twice), but generally weaker option. Rock Blast and Bullet Seed are two other multi-hit moves that also benefit from Technician. The former is an excellent option for striking down Substitute users, such as Ninjask and Haunter, and provides good coverage, whereas the latter is Cinccino's most reliable choice for taking down bulky Rock-types, such as Golem. Wake-Up Slap reaches 90 base power after the Technician boost, and is the only way Cinccino can beat bulky Steel-types, such as Probopass and Bastiodon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature allows Cinccino to outspeed the vast majority of the metagame, only being trumped by speed demons, such as Swellow and Electrode. Adamant is another option for more power, but Cinccino's blazing Speed is what makes it so attractive in the first place, and one should attempt to capitalize on it. Life Orb is the preferred item, as it lets Cinccino make the most of its brilliant coverage by enabling it to switch moves, and the HP loss is practically irrelevant for something so frail. Choice Band is an option as well, but forces Cinccino to sacrifice its ability to sweep in exchange for slightly more power. If using Choice Band, U-Turn is an option over Rock Blast in order to let Cinccino act as an efficient scout.</p>

<p>Cinccino appreciates teammates that can soften up the opponent's team before it makes its appearance. For this reason, powerful wallbreakers, such as Magmortar, are excellent teammates. Cinccino also appreciates powerful physical walls, such as Regirock, gone, because it is unable to make even a dent in the mighty golem (no, not Golem). Consequently, Pokemon that can lure it out and bring it down are good teammates. Absol is happy to provide this service, as it can also eliminate bulky Ghost-types, such as Eviolite Misdreavus, with a well-timed Night Slash or Pursuit.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Aqua Tail is another powerful physical move that Cinccino can utilize. It offers excellent coverage in tandem with Cinccino's Normal-type moves alone, but has trouble finding a place over one of Cinccino's other moves. Our fluffy friend can also set up weather with its amazing Speed, but has no way to abuse it itself. Other support options include Knock Off, a great move in NU due to the vast amount of Pokemon that hold Eviolite, and Encore, which is another fantastic support move that Cinccino can make good use of thanks to its blistering Speed. The ability to lock slower Pokemon into non-threatening moves is very valuable, and can grant momentum to your team in conjunction with U-turn. Cinccino also has a stat-boosting move in Work Up, but this generally isn't a good option, as not only is Cinccino too frail to set up, but it would have to sacrifice a coverage move to make room for it. Cinccino also has a good special movepool, but its miserable Special Attack stat is too low to let Cinccino any sort of respectable damage. Finally, Cinccino could use a Choice Scarf in order to outspeed everything under the stars, but the loss in power generally isn't worth it, not to mention Cinccino is fast enough as is.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The best counters to Cinccino are Regirock and physically defensive variants of Misdreavus. The former takes pitiful damage from all of Cinccino's attacks, and can either cripple it with paralysis or simply OHKO it with Drain Punch or Hammer Arm. Misdreavus, on the other hand, can't be hit super effectively by Cinccino, and can halve Cinccino's Attack with Will-O-Wisp. It can then proceed to stall Cinccino out with Pain Split.</p>

<p>The easiest way to deal with Cinccino is by using Choice Scarf users or priority moves. If a Pokemon can outspeed Cinccino and has any decently powered STAB or Fighting-type move, it will probably be able to knock Cinccino out. Cinccino will also be unable to survive most priority moves, especially the more powerful ones in ExtremeSpeed and Sucker Punch, nor the Fighting-type ones in Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave. Therefore, Pokemon such as Absol and Gurdurr will always be able to revenge kill Cinccino.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Cinccino's Dream World ability, Skill Link, is a godsend for it. Skill Link makes all multi-hit moves always hit five times in a row, effectively giving Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed 125 base power. The only move that doesn't benefit from it is Wake-Up Slap, which will have a measly 60 base power. Therefore, it is recommended to run U-Turn as the fourth move to let Cinccino act as a scout, and pack teammates that can deal with the Steel-types present in NU.</p>

A Choice set is definitely viable. Choice Band hits really hard, and works well with U-turn and Cinccino's high Speed, while Choice Scarf outspeeds... everything LOL

altho the Life Orb set is probably better

So should I make it a set, or mention that Cincinno can use CB in the AC? If I make a set, what move should U-Turn go over? I think Scarf should be limited to OO tbh, since it doesn't hit hard enough, and Cincinoo's fast enough anyway

I would just make choice a set for now, and I'll let other QC members weigh in on the viability of Choice Scarf.

U-turn can be slashed with either Rock Blast or Bullet Seed, the rest of the set should be the same as the Life Orb set.

I'm going to hold off on stamping this until other QC members have a say

If we can take out the Steels and Rocks(which we should since it's a late-game cleaner) , should Skill Link > Technician? Or is Technician the always preferred choice? Because you can mention teammates that get rid off annoying things that Cincinno cannot handle, Skill Link should bethhe preferred choice.

I am so, so, so very sorry if I am being a complete fucktard. I'm just hoping I can help in some way.

If we can take out the Steels and Rocks(which we should since it's a late-game cleaner) , should Skill Link > Technician? Or is Technician the always preferred choice? Because you can mention teammates that get rid off annoying things that Cincinno cannot handle, Skill Link should bethhe preferred choice.

I am so, so, so very sorry if I am being a complete fucktard. I'm just hoping I can help in some way.

lol don't worry about it, it's cool you want to help.
Fact is though, that currently Skill Link Cincinno is unreleased. Once it is, then Skill Link will probably be the better option, yes. No Unova Pokemon has had their Dream World ability released yet.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
what does jolly outspeed that adamant cant?
Scolipede. This is important since multi-hit moves can punish the annoying Sash Spikes one, and also because it's a scary Swords Dancer that you might need to revenge-kill. It also beats a bunch of slightly less important stuff like Tauros, Kadabra and Rapidash.

Really not sure if you'd want to Scarf this. It's not a reliable enough revenge-killer and it can't really clean.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Really not sure if you'd want to Scarf this. It's not a reliable enough revenge-killer and it can't really clean.
This. I've seen it as a Scarf user several times and in all cases it's been mediocre, generally worse off than its standard set. It already outspeeds a ton of stuff in NU and Scarf is needlessly restricting its ability to switch moves basically. I'd rather see Scarf in OO and leave the Choice set strictly CB.

Otherwise this seems pretty solid to me.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't think CB deserves its own set at all, just mention CB and U-turn in AC for the Life Orb set and give it a quick plug there. The main reason to use Cincinno is to just clean everything up late-game once you've weakened the opponent.

mmk I tested out a choice set and it wasn't that great, and I would probably never use it over the LO set so,

QC Approved 3/3

I wouldn't say Regirock is completely safe, a Life-Orbbed Wake Up Slap can 3KO it with Stealth Rock and Bullet Seed can also 2KO Regirock if it hits at least 4 times, assuming Regirock is the standard Curse variant.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Amateur GP check, hope this goes well
Removals in RED, changes in BLUE, comments in BOLD

[Overview]

<p>As a general rule, Pokemon that look badass are powerful, and Pokemon that look cute are weak. Cinccino turns this unwritten law upside down, and shows people just how wrong they can be. Thanks to an extensive physical movepool, incredible Speed and great Attack (not to mention a great ability), this adorable little bunny can sweep entire teams with ease. Unfortunately, no Pokemon is without its flaws, even Cinccino. It has rather miserable defenses, meaning that Pokemon it can't OHKO will probably be able to take it out. Even though Cinccino is very fast, there are plenty of Scarfed Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO it, and its Speed becomes irrelevant when confronted with priority moves. However, if Cinccino is saved until late in the game, when everything on your opponent's team is battered and bruised, and enemy Choice Scarfers have been eliminated, Cinccino can clean up the remains with very little effort.</p>

[SET]
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Cinccino is one of the most lethal late game (I'm not really sure if it can be late-game or just late game, so I'm just gonna leave it like this until an official guy can come along and OK it) cleaners that reside in the NU metagame. This set brings together all of its good attributes (Speed, coverage and power) into a lethal little bundle of fluffy fun. A dilemma for Cinccino users is its choice of STAB move. Tail Slap is Cinccino's signature move, and benefits greatly from Technician. Its ability to outdamage Return and break Substitutes make it invaluable, but it comes at the cost of 85% accuracy, and Cinccino really can't afford to miss. Three consecutive hits of Tail Slap offer around the same damage output as Return; after three hits it becomes the more powerful move. Return is the more reliable (remember, Tail Slap may only hit twice), but generally weaker option. Rock Blast and Bullet Seed are two other multi-hit moves that also benefit from Technician. The former is an excellent option for striking down Substitute users such as Ninjask or Haunter, (no comma) and provides good coverage, whereas the latter is Cinccino's most reliable move for taking down bulky Rock-types such as Golem. Wake-Up Slap reaches 90 base power after the Technician boost, and is the only way Cinccino can beat bulky Steel-types like Probopass or Bastiodon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature allows Cinccino to outspeed the vast majority of the metagame, only being bested by speed demons such as Swellow or Electrode. Adamant is another option for more power, but Cinccino's blazing Speed is what makes it so attractive in the first place, and one should attempt to capitalize on it. Life Orb is the preferred item choice, since it lets Cinccino make the most of its brilliant coverage by enabling it to switch moves, and the HP loss is practically irrelevant for something as frail as Cinccino. Choice Band is an option as well, but sacrifices Cinccino's ability to sweep in exchange for slightly more power. If using Choice Band, U-Turn is an option over Rock Blast in order to act as an efficient scout.</p>

<p>Cinccino appreciates teammates that can soften up the opponent's (the way you had it before inferred that there were multiple opponents, which then would have to change "team" to "teams", and so on...) team before making its appearance. For this reason, powerful wallbreakers such as Magmortar are excellent teammates. Cinccino also appreciates powerful physical walls such as Regirock gone, since Cinccino is unable to make even a dent in the mighty golem (no, not Golem) (Hah. You win this time...maybe you could change it to "Goliath" or something...). Consequently, Pokemon that can lure it out and bring it down are good teammates. Absol is happy to provide this service, as it can also eliminate bulky Ghost-types such as Eviolite Misdreavus with a well timed Night Slash or Pursuit.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Aqua Tail is another powerful physical move that Cinccino can utilize. It offers excellent coverage with Cinccino's Normal-type moves alone, but has trouble finding a place over one of Cinccino's other moves. Our fluffy friend can also set up weather with its amazing Speed, but has no way to abuse it itself. Other supportive options include Knock Off, which is a great move in NU due to the vast amount of Pokemon that hold Eviolite. Encore is another fantastic support move that Cinccino can make good use of thanks to its blistering Speed. The ability to lock slower Pokemon into non-threatening moves is very valuable, and can grant momentum to you team in conjunction with U-turn (second t not capitalized). Cinccino also has a stat-boosting move in Work Up, but this generally isn't a good idea, since Cinccino is too frail to set up, (no comma) and would have to sacrifice a coverage move in order to do so. Cinccino also has a good special movepool, but its miserable Special Attack is too low for it to do any sort of respectable damage. Finally, Cinccino could use a Choice Scarf in order to outspeed everything under the stars, but the loss in power generally isn't worth it, since Cinccino is fast enough anyway.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The best counters to Cinccino are Regirock and physically defensive Misdreavus. The former takes pitiful damage from all of Cinccino's attacks, and can either cripple it with paralysis or simply OHKO it with Drain Punch or Hammer Arm. Misdreavus can't be hit super effectively by Cinccino, and can halve Cinccino's Attack by using Will-O-Wisp. It can then stall it out with Pain Split.</p>

<p>However, the easiest way to deal with Cinccino is by using Choice Scarf users or by using priority moves. If a Pokemon can outspeed Cinccino while holding a Choice Scarf, (no comma) and has any decently powered STAB or a Fighting-type move, it will probably be able to knock Cinccino out. Cinccino will also be unable to survive most priority moves, especially the more powerful ones, ExtremeSpeed and Sucker Punch, or the Fighting-type ones, Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave. Therefore, Pokemon like Absol and Gurdurr will always be able to revenge kill Cinccino.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Cinccino's Dream World ability, Skill Link, is a godsend for it. Skill Link makes all multi-hit moves always hit five times in a row, effectively giving Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed 125 base power. The only move that doesn't benefit from it is Wake-Up Slap, which will have a measly 60 base power. Therefore, it is recommended to run U-Turn as a last move, to let Cinccino act as a scout, and pack teammates that can deal with the Steel-types present in NU.</p>

That was one of the easiest checks I've ever done. Thank you.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Stamping Gato's check with a few edits of my own.

[Overview]

<p>As a general rule, Pokemon that look badass are powerful, and Pokemon that look cute are weak. Cinccino turns this unwritten law upside down, and shows people just how wrong they can be. Thanks to an extensive physical movepool, incredible Speed and great Attack (not to mention a great ability), this adorable little bunny can sweep entire teams with ease. Unfortunately, no Pokemon is without its flaws, even Cinccino. It has rather miserable defenses, meaning that Pokemon it can't OHKO will probably be able to take it out. Even though Cinccino is very fast, there are plenty of Scarfed Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO it, and its Speed becomes irrelevant when confronted with priority moves. However, if Cinccino is saved until late in the game, when everything on your opponent's team is battered and bruised, and enemy Choice Scarfers have been eliminated, Cinccino can clean up the remains with very little effort.</p>

[SET]
EV evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Cinccino is one of the most lethal late game cleaners that reside in the NU metagame. This set brings together all of its good best attributes (Speed, coverage and power) into a lethal little bundle of fluffy fun. A dilemma for Cinccino users is its choice of STAB move. Tail Slap is Cinccino's signature move, and benefits greatly from Technician. Its ability to outdamage Return and break Substitutes make makes it invaluable, but it comes at the cost of 85% accuracy, and Cinccino really can't afford to miss. Three consecutive hits of Tail Slap offer around the same damage output as Return; after three hits it becomes the more powerful move. Return is the more reliable (remember, Tail Slap may only hit twice), but generally weaker option. Rock Blast and Bullet Seed are two other multi-hit moves that also benefit from Technician. The former is an excellent option for striking down Substitute users such as Ninjask or and Haunter and provides good coverage, whereas the latter is Cinccino's most reliable move choice for taking down bulky Rock-types, (< Comma) such as Golem. Wake-Up Slap reaches 90 base power after the Technician boost, and is the only way Cinccino can beat bulky Steel-types like such as Probopass or and Bastiodon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature allows Cinccino to outspeed the vast majority of the metagame, only being bested trumped (Preferential) by speed demons such as Swellow or and Electrode. Adamant is another option for more power, but Cinccino's blazing Speed is what makes it so attractive in the first place, and one should attempt to capitalize on it. Life Orb is the preferred item, since as it lets Cinccino make the most of its brilliant coverage by enabling it to switch moves, and the HP loss is practically irrelevant for something as frail as Cinccino so frail. Choice Band is an option as well, but sacrifices Cinccino's ability to sweep in exchange for slightly more power. If using Choice Band, U-Turn is an option over Rock Blast in order to act as an efficient scout.</p>

<p>Cinccino appreciates teammates that can soften up the opponent's<Space>team before making it makes its appearance. For this reason, powerful wallbreakers such as Magmortar are excellent teammates. Cinccino also appreciates powerful physical walls such as Regirock gone, since Cinccino because it is unable to make even a dent in the mighty golem (no, not Golem). Consequently, Pokemon that can lure it out and bring it down are good teammates. Absol is happy to provide this service, as it can also eliminate bulky Ghost-types, (< Comma) such as Eviolite Misdreavus, (< Comma) with a well timed well-timed Night Slash or Pursuit.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Aqua Tail is another powerful physical move that Cinccino can utilize. It offers excellent coverage with Cinccino's Normal-type moves alone, but has trouble finding a place over one of Cinccino's other moves. Our fluffy friend can also set up weather with its amazing Speed, but has no way to abuse it itself. Other supportive options include Knock Off, a great move in NU due to the vast amount of Pokemon that hold Eviolite. Encore Eviolite, and Encore, which is another fantastic support move that Cinccino can make good use of thanks to its blistering Speed. The ability to lock slower Pokemon into non-threatening moves is very valuable, and can grant momentum to you your team in conjunction with U-turn. Cinccino also has a stat-boosting move in Work Up, but this generally isn't a good idea, since as Cinccino is too frail to set up and would have to sacrifice a coverage move in order to do so to make room for it. Cinccino also has a good special movepool, but its miserable Special Attack is too low for it to do any sort of respectable damage. Finally, Cinccino could use a Choice Scarf in order to outspeed everything under the stars, but the loss in power generally isn't worth it, since and Cinccino is fast enough anyway.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The best counters to Cinccino are Regirock and physically defensive Misdreavus. The former takes pitiful damage from all of Cinccino's attacks, and can either cripple it with paralysis or simply OHKO it with Drain Punch or Hammer Arm. Misdreavus can't be hit super effectively by Cinccino, and can halve Cinccino's Attack by using with Will-O-Wisp. It can then stall it Cinccino out with Pain Split.</p>

<p>However, the The easiest way to deal with Cinccino is by using Choice Scarf users or by using priority moves. If a Pokemon can outspeed Cinccino while holding a Choice Scarf<Space>and has any decently powered STAB or a Fighting-type move, it will probably be able to knock Cinccino out. Cinccino will also be unable to survive most priority moves, especially the more powerful ones, ExtremeSpeed and Sucker Punch, or the Fighting-type ones, Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave. Therefore, Pokemon like such as Absol and Gurdurr will always be able to revenge kill Cinccino.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Cinccino's Dream World ability, Skill Link, is a godsend for it. Skill Link makes all multi-hit moves always hit five times in a row, effectively giving Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed 125 base power. The only move that doesn't benefit from it is Wake-Up Slap, which will have a measly 60 base power. Therefore, it is recommended to run U-Turn as a last the fourth move, (< Remove comma) to let Cinccino act as a scout, and pack teammates that can deal with the Steel-types present in NU.</p>
Cherub, this writeup is amazing! Great work :)

GP Approved 1/2

Add Remove

[Overview]

<p>As a general rule, Pokemon that look badass are powerful, and Pokemon that look cute are weak. Cinccino turns this unwritten law upside down, and shows people just how wrong they can be. Thanks to an extensive physical movepool, incredible Speed, (comma) and great Attack (not to mention a great ability), this adorable little bunny can sweep entire teams with ease. Unfortunately, no Pokemon is without its flaws, even Cinccino. It has rather miserable defenses, meaning that Pokemon it can't OHKO will probably be able to take it out. Even though Cinccino is very fast, there are plenty of Scarfed Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO it; (semicolon) , (comma) and its Speed also becomes irrelevant when confronted by with priority moves. However, if Cinccino is saved until late in the game, when everything on your opponent's team is battered and bruised, and enemy Choice Scarfers have been eliminated, Cinccino can clean up the remains with very little effort.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Cinccino is one of the most lethal late-(hyphen)game cleaners that reside in the NU metagame. This set brings together all of its best attributes, (comma) ( (parenthesis) Speed, coverage and power, (comma)) (parenthesis) into a lethal little bundle of fluffy fun. A dilemma for Cinccino users is its the choice of STAB move. Tail Slap is Cinccino's signature move, and it benefits greatly from Technician. Its ability to outdamage Return and break Substitutes makes it invaluable, but it comes at the cost of 85% accuracy, and which is a major drawback since Cinccino really can't afford to miss. Three consecutive hits of Tail Slap offer around the same damage output as Return; after three hits it becomes the more powerful move. Return is the more reliable (remember, Tail Slap may only hit twice), but generally weaker option. Rock Blast and Bullet Seed are two other multi-hit moves that also benefit from Technician. The former is an excellent option for striking down Substitute users, (comma) such as Ninjask and Haunter, (comma) and provides good coverage, whereas the latter is Cinccino's most reliable choice for taking down bulky Rock-types, such as Golem. Wake-Up Slap reaches 90 base power after the Technician boost, and is the only way Cinccino can beat bulky Steel-types, (comma) such as Probopass and Bastiodon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature allows Cinccino to outspeed the vast majority of the metagame, only being trumped by speed demons, (comma) such as Swellow and Electrode. Adamant is another option for more power, but Cinccino's blazing Speed is what makes it so attractive in the first place, and one should attempt to capitalize on it. Life Orb is the preferred item, as it lets Cinccino make the most of its brilliant coverage by enabling it to switch moves, and the HP loss is practically irrelevant for something so frail. Choice Band is an option as well, but forces Cinccino to sacrifices its Cinccino's ability to sweep in exchange for slightly more power. If using Choice Band, U-Turn is an option over Rock Blast in order to let Cinccino act as an efficient scout.</p>

<p>Cinccino appreciates teammates that can soften up the opponent's team before it makes its appearance. For this reason, powerful wallbreakers, (comma) such as Magmortar, (comma) are excellent teammates. Cinccino also appreciates powerful physical walls, (comma) such as Regirock, (comma) gone, because it is unable to make even a dent in the mighty golem (no, not Golem). Consequently, Pokemon that can lure it out and bring it down are good teammates. Absol is happy to provide this service, as it can also eliminate bulky Ghost-types, such as Eviolite Misdreavus, with a well-timed Night Slash or Pursuit.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Aqua Tail is another powerful physical move that Cinccino can utilize. It offers excellent coverage in tandem with Cinccino's Normal-type moves alone, but has trouble finding a place over one of Cinccino's other moves. Our fluffy friend can also set up weather with its amazing Speed, but has no way to abuse it itself. Other supportive options include Knock Off, a great move in NU due to the vast amount of Pokemon that hold Eviolite, and Encore, which is another fantastic support move that Cinccino can make good use of thanks to its blistering Speed. The ability to lock slower Pokemon into non-threatening moves is very valuable, and can grant momentum to your team in conjunction with U-turn. Cinccino also has a stat-boosting move in Work Up, but this generally isn't a good option idea, as not only is Cinccino is too frail to set up, (comma) but it and would have to sacrifice a coverage move to make room for it. Cinccino also has a good special movepool, but its miserable Special Attack stat is too low to let Cinccino for it to do any sort of respectable damage. Finally, Cinccino could use a Choice Scarf in order to outspeed everything under the stars, but the loss in power generally isn't worth it, not to mention and Cinccino is fast enough as is anyway.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The best counters to Cinccino are Regirock and physically defensive variants of Misdreavus. The former takes pitiful damage from all of Cinccino's attacks, and can either cripple it with paralysis or simply OHKO it with Drain Punch or Hammer Arm. Misdreavus, (comma) on the other hand, (comma) can't be hit super effectively by Cinccino, and can halve Cinccino's Attack with Will-O-Wisp. It can then proceed to stall Cinccino out with Pain Split.</p>

<p>The easiest way to deal with Cinccino is by using Choice Scarf users or priority moves. If a Pokemon can outspeed Cinccino while holding a Choice Scarf and has any decently powered STAB or a Fighting-type move, it will probably be able to knock Cinccino out. Cinccino will also be unable to survive most priority moves, especially the more powerful ones in, (comma) ExtremeSpeed and Sucker Punch, nor or the Fighting-type ones in, (comma) Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave. Therefore, Pokemon such as Absol and Gurdurr will always be able to revenge kill Cinccino.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Cinccino's Dream World ability, Skill Link, is a godsend for it. Skill Link makes all multi-hit moves always hit five times in a row, effectively giving Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed 125 base power. The only move that doesn't benefit from it is Wake-Up Slap, which will have a measly 60 base power. Therefore, it is recommended to run U-Turn as the fourth move to let Cinccino act as a scout, and pack teammates that can deal with the Steel-types present in NU.</p>

GP Approved 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)