Circle of Legends [Online Competition]

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whoa, you mean you just started battling? Doesn't that mean you miss out on points or something like that? What happens when you join the tournament say, 3 days later than when it starts? Do you get to have 30 battles in succession to compensate, or... are you just left out of potential points??
I've explained this several times and it comes up EVERY time we have one of these competitions...

You can start at ANY time you want during the competition, and your Battle Box DOES NOT have to be registered before the competition starts! If you start on the second day you can do 20 battles since the first day's battles that you missed out on carry over (which means you can play all 30 on the last day if you start then).

So my highlight in this competition was facing the champion himself, Sejun Park. We were both low 1700s at the time. Unfortunately good old hax on an important Pokemon had to ruin the end of what was going to be a great close game. Still, it was great to play him. Replay: FUUG-WWWW-WW2E-TEXB

Overall I finished 23-7, 1710ish with this team. Not much to say about it though really, Groudon/Mewtwo were anti-offense supports and I lead one of those + the terrifying duo of Rayquaza and Arceus almost every game, with Scarf Dialga in the back to clean up. Mewtwo was usually only used if I saw Darkrai though, Safeguard is cool and worked. Timid Fairy Arceus was also as amazing as I hoped it would be, easily the MVP, both an offensive and defensive beast whose speed compared to Xerneas and access to Surf came into play a lot. Kyogre was whatever, I wish I put more thought into that slot cause I rarely felt the need to bring it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting to say I'm calling it a night after playing 20 battles. I've had a great run up until now and I really want to finish all 30 but it's way late and I have work in the morning. I'm sitting on 15-5 and estimating about 1670 points. I'll be back later when I can access a PC and get my fancy Battle Box image, but I basically ran P-Don with GravityRoom support and Trick-Band Arceus and/or MegaTwo-X to clean up. Thundurus was my MVP-that-wasn't-Groudon and I have no shame in running (and relying on) SwagPlay, lol.

I actually didn't see ANY opposing Trick Room teams. There were a couple of Tailwind setters (namely Lugia and Ho-oh), but teams were generally just goodstuffs with good type synergy. A core which I came across two or three times was M-Ray, Xern and Arceus-Steel, completing the coveted Dragon / Fairy / Steel core. I actually have no idea what the top 12 mons will be when the results come out, I was thinking normal Arceus would be easily number 1, I saw one in nearly every match (with the Steel one popping up like I mentioned, didn't see any other types). I over prepared for Darkrai which I thought would be really popular, but it didn't hinder me too much...

edit: Artic : Arceus-Fairy in a Dream Ball looks niceeeee. Cool team and nice result!

Last edited:
So my highlight in this competition was facing the champion himself, Sejun Park. We were both low 1700s at the time. Unfortunately good old hax on an important Pokemon had to ruin the end of what was going to be a great close game. Still, it was great to play him. Replay: FUUG-WWWW-WW2E-TEXB

Overall I finished 23-7, 1710ish with this team. Not much to say about it though really, Groudon/Mewtwo were anti-offense supports and I lead one of those + the terrifying duo of Rayquaza and Arceus almost every game, with Scarf Dialga in the back to clean up. Mewtwo was usually only used if I saw Darkrai though, Safeguard is cool and worked. Timid Fairy Arceus was also as amazing as I hoped it would be, easily the MVP, both an offensive and defensive beast whose speed compared to Xerneas and access to Surf came into play a lot. Kyogre was whatever, I wish I put more thought into that slot cause I rarely felt the need to bring it.
How do you get that nice-looking team sheet?

Also, what was your reaction upon being paired up with Sejun?

I've explained this several times and it comes up EVERY time we have one of these competitions...

You can start at ANY time you want during the competition, and your Battle Box DOES NOT have to be registered before the competition starts! If you start on the second day you can do 20 battles since the first day's battles that you missed out on carry over (which means you can play all 30 on the last day if you start then).

Sorry about that, can't say.

I ended up finishing 22-8 with a rating at around 1650. I definitely could have done better, but since this comp is more for fun than anything, I'm not too angry. Here are some things I realized:

-Life Orb is not a good item for Ray on a team like mine. Screens allow it to live and set up on an unboosted Xerneas Moonblast, but the recoil means it'll run itself into the ground pretty quickly.

-ExtremeSpeed is really annoying. Having WoW Giratina helped a bit, but my sweeps were still cut short many times by the wrath of Arceus.

-Either TrickScarf Latios sucks, or I suck at using it.

Props:
-Xerneas, for contributing to around 70% of my victories.
-Rayquaza, for contributing to the rest of them.
-Giratina-O, for taking ESpeeds aimed at Xerneas or Rayquaza and retaliating with Will-o-Wisp.
-Darkrai, for only ever missing Dark Void once.
-Deoxys-S, for setting up the Screens that carried me to victory so many times.
-Enemy Arceus, for throwing a huge wrench into my dastardly plans.

Slops:
-Latios, the original centerpoint of my team, for not once being useful. Don't worry, buddy, I'll make you work eventually...
-Life Orb, for running Rayquaza into the ground.
-Deoxys, for having such a blatantly obvious role as a Screens lead.

I also want to give a HUGE thank you to Artic and chester0334 for giving me the Xerneas and the Darkrai; there's no way I could have done as well as I did without them.

Last edited:
Ok so I went 7-3 today for 25-5 total, one game I got crit on Ho-Oh which prevented it from breaking a Rays Sash which was what I needed for Xern to sweep, another game I played like trash. The final game one guy completely wrecked my mons with Adamant Choice Band Mega Rayquaza, I didn't bring my only flying resistance (Jirachi) to, Just to give you an idea he lead with it and got 4 kills back to back. Here is my team:

So the basic idea of the team is bulky mons that take hits and hit back harder and set up in your face. It work very well but struggled against Darkrai because I had nothing to out speed it so it involved of outplaying and predictions involved especially because I was hit with 12/13 total Dark Voids which I'm not complaining but still. In depth team below because it is a lot more complex than it appears, but the main point is I missed 0 moves in the competition that is why I have Hone Claws and Wide Lens, I wanted to hit Precipice Blades, Stone Edge and Sacred Fire. In my opinion the best way to be successful on Battle Spot is to minimize hax which I tried to do, I still lost to games to crits but what do I do about that?

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 160 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
Still the best mon in the format by far it always will be until something is added to stop it. I had enough speed for +1 Jolly Mega Ray after the Geomancy I didn't need much more. Aromatherapy was to go with Rest for P-Groudon but I used that combo a total of zero times but I clicked Aromatherapy once to deal with a PP stalling sub toxic zapdos that almost brought back a game. Substitute was a very useful move as it let me switch in on status predictions or weak attacks and get a free geomancy afterwards. I played Xerneas most of the time as a late game cleaner as it came to all but one game, I waited until checks/fairy resistances were dead/weakened to set up.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 56 Def / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rest
Groudon is a very good pokemon even in rotations. The move set is pretty self explanatory but hone claws is used over Swords Dance or Bulk Up to boost the accuracy of Prec. Blades and Stone Edge. Rest was for the combo with Xerneas even though I never used it. The EVs live a +2 E-Killer EQ from full I think and the rest I made like a month ago so I really don't remember XD. I mostly used Groudon as a sleep absorber for to Darkrai because it could often take 1-2 turns of attacks and live while I tried to wake up.

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect
Jirachi was originally here to take on Ray if I predicted correctly which I never used it for. I ended up using it to wall teams that lacked a counter, it only came to 6 games but most of those games it put in work. I don't think I ever used Iron Head though.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute
- Earthquake
Sub SD is amazing in this format. Arceus is really bulky so it was able to set up on so many things a put way to much pressure on my opponent and take out Xern after some damage at +2. I brought this poke to every game and it was for good reason. I do wish I put a couple more points into speed for Jolly Ray but at the time I did not think Ray had a reason to run max speed, so I put enough for Thundurus-I. I thought of putting Shadow Claw on it for Giratina but I saw none of those anyway. The HP also gives it a substitute number in 401.

Who-Ew (Ho-Oh) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Atk / 16 Def / 52 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge
A very weak very fat bird. Ho-oh was helpful but weak through out this competition. The Flame Charge idea came from a Flareon I saw way back in the Eevee friendly. The other moves were for standard with Recover let it check Xern better. EVs let it live Jolly Life Orb Mega Ray Dragon's Accent if it came down to it, but the only time that came into play I got crit. The SpD let it take a +2 Thunder from Xern at full and the speed was to get rid of speed ties with base 90s. Wide lens is because I have only 8 Sacred Fires, I wanted to hit 8 Sacred Fires. Ho-Oh was very fun to use and a came up with this set very early and really wanted to use it and I'm glad I did.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Expert Belt (apparently I switch to a Lum Berry XD)
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 184 HP / 196 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

So I really do not remember this EV spread but the speed was for the people that don't know how to EV and run 252 speed modest Xerneas jsut in case because I out did everything after a DD anyway. The HP lived something I don't remember I did not miss the attack investment at all. The story with the item is I thought I had an expert belt on it like planned so Darkrai was a really big threat to my team the whole competition but I switched it before hand but didn't remember doing so until I saw it in the picture above. I'm the best XD

Overall I really liked my team I made for this, If I were to change anything it would be Rest for Rock Polish on P-Groudon, the Defence EVs on Ho-oh into attack because I didn't need them at the end of the day because it likes to get crit, and enough speed on Arceus for Jolly Mega Ray even though that didn;t change anything its still somthing I could of done better. I ended around 1730 I think but I don't really remember.

I finished 22-8 as well, with a rating ending around 1700 (It was 1670 going into my last battle, where I beat a 1740 ranked player).

Echoing some other sentiments, Xerneas is eveywhere. I ran Jirachi and Heatran to stop it, and a +2 Arceus does around 80% with Extremespeed, so that was my goal in terms of damage.

The goal of rotations is to get to a point where you can spam one move to win. Usually that move ended up being Moonblast (Xerneas), Extremesepeed (arceus) or Dragon's Ascent (Ray). Also, making sure your opponent can't spam one move is of paramount importance, even if the pokemon which can take that move can do very little in return.

Rayquaza was dissapointing. +1 Mega extremespeed doesn't do enough to Arceus or Xerneas, meaning they can KO you back pretty easily. Everyone had one bulky wall to take that with, and Dragon's Ascent's negative effect played a part in stopping it. I ended up not bringing Ray fairly often during the second half of my battles.

Dark Void doesn't miss. It simply doesn't. I ran Mega-Mewtwo Y with taunt to stop it. day 1 it seemed to work, but by day 3 I think all Darkrai users had seen it and would save Darkrai until Mewtwo was gone or would simply dark pulse instead. Also, I usually started off by taunting turn 1 to stop set-up, but I quickly realized most people had seen that and started using reflect instead. Taunt would occasionally hit the right target, but usually it wouldn't.

I lost one game against scarf water spout kyogre. I just didn't realize it could KO almost everything off the bat. I should have brought ray to that battle or had choice scarf jirachi thunderpunch it turn 1, but I just didn't see it coming.

I'm pretty sure you could hit 1600 just by bringing Xerneas, Geomancying turn 1, and spamming moon blast.

I'll post my team and stuff when the results come out, but overall I'm content. It wasn't great, but the results weren't terrible. This was about as well as I expected it to go.

Dark Void doesn't miss. It simply doesn't. I ran Mega-Mewtwo Y with taunt to stop it. day 1 it seemed to work, but by day 3 I think all Darkrai users had seen it and would save Darkrai until Mewtwo was gone or would simply dark pulse instead. Also, I usually started off by taunting turn 1 to stop set-up, but I quickly realized most people had seen that and started using reflect instead. Taunt would occasionally hit the right target, but usually it wouldn't.
pretty much sums up my experience with Darkrai but I didn't have anything to out speed and taunt it

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
So uh, can we take our Pokemon out of the Battle Box, now, or do we need to wait for the results to be tallyed?
You can go into the competition on Battle Spot and try battling again, it will tell you that the competition is over and unlock your Battle Box (it also does this if you've reached your 30 battle limit and try battling again iirc).

I finished 22-8 as well, with a rating ending around 1700 (It was 1670 going into my last battle, where I beat a 1740 ranked player).
I'm pretty sure you could hit 1600 just by bringing Xerneas, Geomancying turn 1, and spamming moon blast.
Funnily enough, it was Xerneas's predictability that netted me over half of my wins.

It's scary to think that there are actually players out there that 30-0'D this tournament. A high level of skill alone is dangerous, but coupling that with a high level of luck is downright terrifying.

Last edited:
Anyway I used:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Geomancy

Arceus @ Life Orb
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Giratina @ Grigeous Orb
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Force
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Ho-oh @ Choice Band
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Mewtwo @ Mewtwoite-X
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Stone edge

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
- Metal Burst
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Draco Meteor

I won (if I remember right) 2 battles thanks to hax, in other battles if my opponent was haxed i had already win anyway. 9 lost battles, 4 'cause for hax. 1) my Xerneas was froze when it was ready to kill Kyurem-W and win. 2) Four consecutive turns of nothing (paralysis). 3) A thundurus was spamming thunder wave, so I decided to use the paralized 'mons to beat it so its thunder wave should be useless, when i predict an another move e I rotated in with Arceus, Thundurus used thunderbolt and paralyzed it as well. o_o 4) 2 'mons burned from scald.
It's terrible thinking as 10% freeze chance worked against me 2 times, but my f***ing sacred fire has never burned.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Right so here's my full team which I managed 15W-5L with (about 1670 points). Like I said in my earlier post, it was centred around getting Trick Room and Gravity set up so that Groudon could sweep the opposing team. I ran into this strategy A LOT in the Generation Showdown and Enter the Dragon Type and figured it would be great to try out here too. ck49 nailed it in saying that Rotations is about getting yourself in a position where you can spam one move to win. With Gravity up, and this competition being open exclusively to Legendary Pokemon meant that the only Ground-type resists were regular Shaymin, and Arceus Grass and Bug (lol). My most common lineup was Groudon (lead), Cresselia and Thundurus with Arceus in the back to clean up with Extreme Speed.

In the order I built the team:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Precipice Blades
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Talk

This is where it all started. A really strong mon in the previous Ubers competitions, and apparently a damn pain in Smogon Ubers as well so I had to give it a try. Precipice Blades was the only move I really needed so the rest was just additional tech. Brick Break was going to be Hammer Arm to help lower Don's speed while also nuking Arceus, however I felt like I wouldn't need the speed drop or extra power against that one target, and the appeal of being able to break my opponent's screens would prove useful. Swords Dance turned everything into a OHKO (seriously), and Sleep Talk was slapped on there incase I got bopped by a Dark Void (which I anticipated to be everywhere). I was gonna use regular Groudon (with probably a Macho Brace to cut speed as much as possible to help against opposing Trick Room) but Primal Groudon was just way, way better on paper; Fire-typing to help tank Moonblasts from Xerneas, also immune to Will-O-Wisp, and much better stats...

Diancie @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 14 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gravity
- Safeguard
- Moonblast

Originally my primary Trick Room setter and Darkrai check. I wasn't so keen on Cresselia since if you pair it with Groudon it becomes really obvious that you're going to Trick Room, whereas Diancie threatens to Mega Evolve (especially since I'm not running Mega Ray) and opt for a fast build. I started the competition with Diancie but I ended up preferring Cresselia for its slightly better bulk and not being hit super effectively by Earthquake and whatever Water move Kyogre ran.

Arceus @ Choice Band
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Trick
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force

So on IRC we were theorymonning the idea of TrickScarfing with stuff like Latios etc. and I pointed out that I didn't really like the idea of it since there are a bunch of things that will happily rotate in and enjoy their new Scarf and use it to their advantage, and specs would potentially beef up things like Xerneas, Darkrai and stuff.. I floated the idea of Choice Band Arceus as an option as it can either use the Band to spam Extreme Speed, or Trick it onto the common Xerneas and other specially-inclined friends. I never actually managed to pull of a successful Trick, only ever receiving other Choice items in return. I think the best one was giving a Reshiram the Band while taking its Scarf, which allowed me to outspeed the opposing Arceus and beat it with Extreme Speed. Shadow Force was going to be Shadow Claw but I ended up leaving it for the increased power..

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Gravity
- Reflect
- Light Screen

I decided I needed a secondary Trick Room setter so that I could potentially bring two and get it set up twice (or more) in a battle, and also be able to decide which to bring if one matched up better than the other. Diancie was better against Darkrai but Cresselia was better overall, so Diancie was only brought against Darkrai teams.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Low Kick
- Psystrike
- Taunt
- Ice Punch

I didn't have a mega yet and I already had regular Diancie, didn't want to use Mega Ray (used it in both the previous Ubers comps) and Mega Lati@s wasn't appealing. I was going to use Y-two but I thought that X would be less expected and could dish out some serious damage to the heavy guys with Low Kick (Arceus especially). Psystrike hits harder than Zen Headbutt even without investment so that was secondary STAB, Taunt stopped screens and Dark Void, and Ice Punch hit M-Ray. I wish I had put Iron Head/Tail in there to hit Xerneas with, could maybe have been swapped over Psystrike as I never used it..

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Taunt

For the last slot I really had no ideas left. I already had my main strategy covered in P-Don + Trick Room setters + cleaners, and trying to check the extremely hard hitters in the format with what little we had to choose from seemed futile. The meta seemed like it would be pretty broken so I figured I'd cross to the dark side and try to hax things to death. This guy went from last-minute addition with barely any purpose to MVP candidate! I got real lucky with some clutch confusion procs which allowed me many free turns, priority T-Wave was sweet for checking Xerneas when I couldn't get Trick Room up to hit it first with Groudon, as well as letting my Arceus get off E-Speeds in mirror matches. Priority Taunt was amazing for flat out stopping Darkrai, Xerneas (well really anything that was gonna set up) and opposing Thundurus. I ran Timid with max speed to get the jump (or at least speed tie) with other Thundurus for that very reason, and I either got lucky and won EVERY speed tie, or people were favoring more bulky Thundy spreads...

Overall I had a lot of fun playing this. I seriously can't deal with the mind games involved with Rotations, so by trying to eliminate those by aiming to spam an unresisted move seemed to be a really successful strategy. I didn't see any other real definitive playstyles other than straight up Goodstuffs teams. I have no idea what will top the usage statistics when they're released as I honestly saw an even amount of the 'big three' (Mega Ray, Xern and Arceus). I'm actually tipping Arceus to edge it out, stuff like Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Xerneas were pretty well spread out on people's teams, but they all had good old Arceus to support them. Normal is a pretty spammable type, and its resists are easily covered by Shadow Claw/Force and Earthquake, and his movepool is massive which allowed him to also run a bunch of different sets aside from the popular Swords Dance. I didn't see any Fairy-typed ones and only a couple of Steel ones...

Props:
  • Groudon - for being almost unstoppable. I also hit 100% of my Precipice Blades outside of Gravity.
  • Thundurus - for being a surprisingly valuable teammate and earning its way onto the starting three.
  • Cresselia - for being way bulkier than I had anticipated
  • Timey, Widdly_Scuds, Tatertot, ash1236 / Albus, Thomaz and Pokéguy for supplying my whole team! (Groudon, Diancie, Arceus, (shiny) Cresselia, (shiny) Mewtwo and (shiny) Thundurus respectively). Wouldn't have even been able to play without you guys.
  • The guy who surprised my Groudon with Focus Sash + Surf Mega Ray and went on to win. That's what makes these metagames so fun.
Slops:
  • Diancie. Ended up just taking up a team slot. Not sure what I would have replaced it with but I benched it for Cresselia after the first few battles.
  • Trick + Choice Band on Arceus. This is by no means a major flop, but I'm not a fan of Choice items in a meta where switching is a bad move. Extreme Speed was very spammable (and loved the instant power) but I was never able to effectively cripple something and then set up Swords Dance, lol. I had a loss in a 1v1 situation where I was stalled out by an opposing Arceus who Recovered all his health back until I was struggling which sucked...
  • Psystrike. I grinded the Mewtwo up to level 100 just to learn it and then never used it once. Could have either got a few extra battles in with that time (or gone to bed earlier!)
  • The primal reversion animation. If facing an opposing lead Groudon / Kyogre it would eat up a good 40 seconds of the timer
Replays:

BHMW-WWWW-WW2F-48EZ
VS

Pretty simple battle, get Trick Room + Gravity up and sweep. Xtwo came in handy by clearing Arceus and Dialga out of the way.

NQAG-WWWW-WW2F-4AUK
VS

My Thundy goes first and gets a crucial Taunt off against the opposing Thundurus. I'm then able to get Reflect up against his heavily physical team. Giga Impact Arceus surprises me but gives a free turn to do what I want (I decide to kill it). I get a crit to secure the OHKO on his Thundurus and he forfeits...

Z2HG-WWWW-WW2F-4FQX
VS

This was a good one. Darkrai shrugs off a Taunt thanks to its Mental Herb and proceeds to put my Thundurus to sleep. I'm not sure whether to keep Thundy in and try to wake up or fish for a Dark Void miss and try to bop something with Precipice Blades. He puts Groudon to sleep and I try a Sleep Talk and get Swords Dance from it. I need to resort to hoping that Thundy both wakes up and gets a confusion proc which does happen! I managed to get Trick Room up against his Rayquaza who I'm forced to stall until it dies from Life Orb recoil. Groudon comes up CLUTCH by waking up right when I need him to (1 turn sleep thank you) and beating both Darkrai and (Focus Sash) Mewtwo 1v2.

HEAG-WWWW-WW2F-4MA8
VS

I get the Taunt off against his Thundurus and proceed to set Light Screen, Trick Room and Gravity. He gets Reflect up so I decide to boost with Swords Dance to nullify it rather than remove it with Brick Break (I need to be at +2 to OHKO Xerneas without Reflect anyway). This battle got a bit sticky in the middle, I go for T-wave to try and cripple something, a bit risky since Diancie would block it and could hit with Diamond Storm but that doesn't happen.

2UPG-WWWW-WW2F-4ZSZ
VS

I seriously only win this coz RNGsus was on my side. I decide to go for the turn one Reflect coz I figure he has three physical attackers infront of me why the hell not, except he dishes out a huge chunk of damage with Eruption Groudon! I decide I have no safe plays so I go for the Swagger with Thundurus and get an immediate confusion proc, followed by another when I rotate back to Cres to get Trick Room up. He tries stalling out my Trick Room with Protect and Substitute and puts me in a tight spot. It's 3v1 with just his Geomany Xerneas left and he can still win by spamming Moonblast, except I manage to get some free turns thanks to full paralysis. This is what I mean by Thundurus being amazing, lol. This was my last battle and figured I'd used up all my luck in that one alone so it was a good time to call it quits.

Can't wait for the next comp. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Sky Battles to show up either next or sometime. I thought it could follow Inverse Battles and have its own Special season, but it sorta fits the type restriction theme that we get in these competitions (ie: Fairy Face-Off, Trick-or-Treat, and Enter the Dragon).

• The primal reversion animation. If facing an opposing lead Groudon / Kyogre it would eat up a good 40 seconds of the timer
Oh god how I hate that thing. Think to 2 priaml reversions, ruote both, and 2 mega evolutions= 55 seconds of nothing. lol What is the sense of all these animations? Why p-groudon and p-kyogre are not just alternative forms like Giratina-o?

anyway.. did you just 20 battles? It's a great pity.
It's ugly to see in your team that Mewtwo-X, already mega evolved, it is mono psychic-type. lol

~~ cant say edit: oh whoops. I added the shiny and alternate artwork over the originals to make it look nicer. forgot to add fighting to mewtwo x and fire to primal groudon.

Last edited by a moderator:

So I was 47th overall, 2nd in Canada and I am very happy with that result. As for the top used pokes I'm not surprised to see Xerneas at number 1 it is the best Uber in my opinion and that showed. I didn't think Ray would take number 2 but I guess it managed its way to beat out Groudon. I expected Arceus to be a bit higher but I guess they don't group the typings together. Otherwise pretty much what I expect besides Jirachi, I didn't think it would make top 12 much less top 10. Oh and of course Japan has the top 15 players.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I can't believe how long it took for them to release these results! Very almost two weeks...

I did OK with my 20 battles, I managed a 15-5 record which gave me 1670 points total, good enough for 3rd in Australia (damn Erebyssial is always #1). I had a really rough start, losing all 5 in my first 7-8 battles and felt like I had just prepared horribly and wasn't worth playing, then I went on to win 12 in a row, lol.

Circle of Legends - RESULTS.jpg

My post about my team is literally 5 posts up so I won't say anything about that here. Looking at the usage statistics shows me I succeeded in using weird sets, 18% of Groudon were Brave (suggesting Trick Room), 25% of Mewtwo were X, 3% of Arceus were Choice Band (no idea how many ran Trick), 12% of Diancie were Trick Room (4% were Relaxed but SRing them is pretty random so I wouldn't think too much about that), and Cres wasn't in the top 12 (who was my most important member in the end) and only 31% ran Trick Room. The only thing is that Thundurus came in at 11th and Swagger was sorta used (36%). I'm really surprised that Arceus wasn't higher, I honestly saw it on 90% of teams (I know they separate the different types, I'm talking good ol' Normal Arceus). Only one of my replays doesn't has one, as opposed to the two Xerneas and one Rayquaza... I guess it's just me then. The rest of the usage statistics are basically stock standard and no surprises, so not much else to talk about :(

Bring on the Pikachu Cup I guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)