Other Civilization IV

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's get a game together. If you're interested, post here with your skill level and availability (along with time zone). I'll start:

Skill level: Emperor/Monarch
Availability: pretty much whenever unfortunately

This will be Beyond the Sword because frankly vanilla and warlords suck in comparison

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
What sort of game would this be? The frantic sort of multiplayer or the slow PBEM type?

Unfortunately, I've lost my BTS disc. I don't rate the expansion that highly, I must say. I think they significantly improved what was there, especially the AI, but most of the additions are extremely poor, like espionage, apostolic palace, naval blockade, vassal states, and corporations. If we could disallow or disable some of these, I'd be happy to pay for it again so we can play.

My skill level and availability are similar to yours, time zone GMT +1.

edit: I wasn't expecting corporations to come into it; I just thought they were a poor addition. As for 5 hour sessions, idk if I can really guarantee being free for that long in one go.

edit2: and you want to disallow active espionage rather than using the no espionage option, which kind of screws the game up a bit.

Last edited:

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking we bang out a game in 2-3 5-hour sessions, it's definitely doable (hence the request for availability).

You can disable Espionage, Apostolic Palace and Vassal States, and I doubt the game will go on far enough for corporations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)