Clawitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameIsVeryCreative

Banned deucer.
This is my first time posting a Pokemon moveset so I'm probably doing something wrong :(
Please tell me if I am doing something wrong! :D

Overview
########
  • Clawitzer is a niche healer thanks to mega launcher, boosting heal pulse's healing capacity from 50% to 75%, allowing it to heal your teammate back to full health most of the time.
  • If your teammate is Greninja and has mat block, Clawitzer can reliably heal him. Also helpful if your teammate uses a setup move (like swords dance), allowing them to recover any damage taken while setting up (provided Clawitzer isn't taken out that same turn).
  • It has decent bulk when given the appropriate nature and EV's.
  • One of few supporters that also packs great power. A whopping 120 base SpA is nothing to scowl at, equipped with a great special movepool that abuses it's semi-unique ability: Mega Launcher.
  • Heal pulse isn't common on Clawitzer, heal pulse is surprising for other players expecting a life orb or choice specs set.
  • Generally outclassed by other supporters and healers who have either greater overall bulk or superior supportive movepools, or both.
  • Even with maximized defensive stats, Clawitzer is not very bulky. 71/88/89 defenses is quite underwhelming.
  • Very slow.
  • Although Clawitzer has amazing qualities of healing it's teammates, it has no way of healing itself outside of rest - which it cannot utilize as effectively as other Pokemon such as Rotom-W, forcing it to rely on leftovers or sitrus berry for recovery.
Healer
########
name: Healer
move 1: Heal Pulse
move 2: Surf / Water Pulse
move 3: Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere
move 4: Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse / Aura Sphere
ability: Mega Launcher
item: Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
nature: Bold (+Def/-Atk)
evs: 252 Hp / 128 Def / 128 SpD

Checks and Counters:

Powerful attackers: Powerhouses such as Conkeldurr and Azumarill can usually muscle past Clawitzer with their respectable STAB moves.

Super-Effective hits: Most super-effective hits will always severely dent Clawitzer, since leftovers is it's only form of recovery.

Taunt: Since Clawitzer is so slow, you don't even need prankster to reliably suppress Clawitzer's heal pulse.

Special Walls: Chansey and Blissey are fantastic special walls that can stop Clawitzer in it's tracks, although this isn't really a big deal if your teammate is a physical attacker, but they still deserve a mention.

Last edited:
I appreciate your eagerness to help, but it's very easy to see from a lot of what you've written here that you're speaking in terms of inaccurate theorymon with a lot of this stuff and not actual practice (most noteworthy Rotom-W commonly carrying Rest and mentioning Chansey or Blissey at all). I encourage you to try giving another shot at writing an analysis, but please, next time playtest your Pokemon and have a better comprehension of the VGC 2014 rule set and metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)