Clear Skies, Clear Entry - Round 4 [Quarterfinals!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear Skies, Clear Entry
Approved by Earthworm
Hosted by Orichalcos Owl

Weather dominates the metagame. Entry hazards dominate the metagame. What would life be without both? This is a simple, bo3 tournament with only one twist. One of the three games will be played as a Clear Skies match – all weather is banned! Another one of the three is played without any entry hazards. NO stealth rock, spikes, or toxic spikes to impede Pokemon like Volcarona from making hell. Finally, the third and decisive game will encompass both! No entry hazards, no weather, and all awesome.

This tournament is BW2 OU. Genesect and other new releases are allowed.

However, after seeing what happened in the UU Can Party Too tournament, let me make this perfectly clear.

Pokemon Showdown allows some illegal movesets. Things like Sleep Powder + Spikes Roserade can be used on Showdown. THESE ARE BANNED. If I find out you used an illegal moveset, I, much like the venerable JabbaTheGriffin in his UU Open post, won't even consider the circumstances.

Tournament Rules:
• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
• Standard OU - Singles
• Best of THREE
• Single elimination
• The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online.
• You must submit your logs. Thanks! n_n (part of me just wants to know the sheer amount of people who use Volcarona now...)

Battle Clauses:
• Evasion Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• Timed Battle
• Wifi Clause

Special Rules:
The matches can either go like this:
Player A and Player B both use Clear Skies teams (no weather) - Match 1
Player A and Player B both use Clear Entry teams (no hazards) - Match 2
Player A and Player B both use teams that pertain to both (no hazards AND no weather) - Match 3, the deciding match should it come to a 1-1 tie.

This is a tournament I've looked forward to hosting for a while now. Let's make it a great one! n_n

Anyway matches and things:

Round 4:
Lavos Spawn vs. Stallion
FelixMinamimoto vs. IceCarAdler
SethZiBritannia vs. Cicada
McMeghan vs. Dragonuser

Highlight matches?

Lavos Spawn vs. Stallion

McMeghan vs. dragonuser

Deadline for this round: 10/11/12 at midnight EDT. Please get your matches done.

Kennen

dont you worry child
Lavos Spawn vs. Stallion
McMeghan vs. Dragonuser

Lavos Spawn vs. Stallion
McMeghan vs. Dragonuser

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big match here, replied to Lavos Spawn! We're both online way too much so it'll be done quickly!

Lavos Spawn vs. Stallion
McMeghan vs. Dragonuser

Lavos

Banned deucer.
won game 1 (some luck)
lost game 2 (no luck)
won game 3 (some luck)

sorry for all the stupid luck, I wish we could have had some better games...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lost game's 1 and 3, and won game 2. There was some frustrating luck in the losses but "pokemon" ._., good luck in the rest of the tourney and here's hoping next time we have neutral luck in all three games xD

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
activity, timezones were a slight issue and it seems like we missed each other a few times.

Requesting an extension till friday/saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)