Clear Skies, Clear Entry - Signups

Not open for further replies.
Clear Skies, Clear Entry
Approved by Earthworm
Hosted by Orichalcos Owl

Weather dominates the metagame. Entry hazards dominate the metagame. What would life be without both? This is a simple, bo3 tournament with only one twist. One of the three games will be played as a Clear Skies match – all weather is banned! Another one of the three is played without any entry hazards. NO stealth rock, spikes, or toxic spikes to impede Pokemon like Volcarona from making hell. Finally, the third and decisive game will encompass both! No entry hazards, no weather, and all awesome.

This tournament is BW2 OU. Genesect and other new releases are allowed.

However, after seeing what happened in the UU Can Party Too tournament, let me make this perfectly clear.

Pokemon Showdown allows some illegal movesets. Things like Sleep Powder + Spikes Roserade can be used on Showdown. THESE ARE BANNED. If I find out you used an illegal moveset, I, much like the venerable JabbaTheGriffin in his UU Open post, won't even consider the circumstances.

Tournament Rules:
• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
• Standard OU - Singles
• Best of THREE
• Single elimination
• The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online.
• You must submit your logs. Thanks! n_n (part of me just wants to know the sheer amount of people who use Volcarona now...)

Battle Clauses:
• Evasion Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• Timed Battle
• Wifi Clause

Special Rules:
The matches can either go like this:
Player A and Player B both use Clear Skies teams (no weather) - Match 1
Player A and Player B both use Clear Entry teams (no hazards) - Match 2
Player A and Player B both use teams that pertain to both (no hazards AND no weather) - Match 3 - this will always be the deciding match.

This is a tournament I've looked forward to hosting for a while now. Let's make it a great one! n_n

Signups: Sign-ups will last approximately for 48 hours. Tourney will be 64/96/128/256 man etc. The first 62.5% of the people who sign-up are guaranteed in while the remaining 37.5% will be randomly selected. If you do not get in, I will accept substitutes starting in round 1.


Lastly, when round 1 gets posted in a few days, I would love for people to find highlight matches so I can do write-ups or I can find someone to do write-ups. Those are always fun to read. Even Eo's. :]



(also, just a note, but Showdown doesn't allow illegal movesets as of recent; Zarel made a moveset checker that works pretty damn well)
Not open for further replies.