Clear Skies (Gen 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
Clear Skies

Weather was, put bluntly, a pretty big deal last generation and it can be argued that the way weather mechanics worked caused a good chunk of bans to occur. Similarly, rain, sand, and even sun wrapped the metagame around themselves, making some otherwise mediocre Pokemon (Venusaur, for example) become some of the threats that defined a generation.

Well, what happens when weather gets the treatment generation six gave it? This metagame is all about that: let's see what happens when weather lasts for 5 turns (8 with a weather rock). Note that the use of Pokemon with Swift Swim and Drizzle on the same team is now legal and Thundurus, Tornadus-T, Manaphy, and Excadrill have been unbanned.

Banlist:
Code:
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Landorus
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom
Ruleset:
Code:
HP Percentage Mod
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
Moody Clause
Evasion Abilites-Moves Clause.

Sounds awesome. However I think you should follow the XY bans too. A couple pokemon did get banned even with the nerf. It would still be nice to have B&W settings with the weather nerf in effect even if that's the only major change.

breh

強いだね
Dunno if you care or not, but there's already another OM with the same name as this one.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/clear-skies-tier-your-impressions.3456012/
This meta is similar, but ultimately pretty different. In that meta, Tyranitar and friends are all straight up banned; in this one, the mechanics of the game are changed entirely to make them similar to those of gen 6. Hopefully, this makes weather-based strategies (Excadrill etc.) still viable but nowhere near as overpowered as they were before various bans were put into place.

I might wanna call this clearish skies or clearing skies or something, idk :P

On getting this metagame up and running, I hope to talk to Joim at some point and ask about getting this up (Joim's lab is still where all the cool OM kids put their metas up, right?). Finals week starts tomorrow for me; depending on how much I don't study for classes I should study for, getting this thread a bit more active might take a little under a week.

Sounds awesome. However I think you should follow the XY bans too. A couple pokemon did get banned even with the nerf. It would still be nice to have B&W settings with the weather nerf in effect even if that's the only major change.
So far, the only things that have been banned in XY are Blaziken (which is still banned in this meta) and a bunch of mega Pokemon. I can't think of anything else that ought to be banned.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
So far, the only things that have been banned in XY are Blaziken (which is still banned in this meta) and a bunch of mega Pokemon. I can't think of anything else that ought to be banned.
Genesect?

EDIT: Oh it's already on the banlist. Go me >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)