1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Clear Skies Tier: Your impressions

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by X5Dragon, Oct 6, 2011.

1. The 1 and Only Lady Gaga

The 1 and Only Lady Gaga

Why not just allow Ninetales, Politoed, Tyranitar and Hippowdon, as long as they are not using Drought, Drizzle and Sand Stream respectively?
  2. frogoholic101

frogoholic101

Hang on, why is Deoxys-S banned?
  3. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Ban List updated :)
  4. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Complications with the scripts, apparently.
  5. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

nice OP. I think you left Hippowdon.
  6. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Yea, just to emphasize, bans focusing on banning only the abilities are needlessly complex on PO and therefore we're just banning the Pokemon.

So...since this ladder was put up for all the people whining about weather wars in ou...you guys are doing your best to make this ladder popular right?

;)
  7. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick

Thank you Aldaron. Hopefully I'll be not busy to start playing, now that theres a fun OU again in clear skies. Good thing I have my OU team, it's still taking me time to build a team for the other tiers :(
  8. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

You remembered Hippopotas but forgot Hippowdon.

I lol'd.
  9. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

?? Hippowdon is banned.
  10. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

he means on the op. anyway people need to play this more
  11. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Hey guys its not my fault, you need to play with him more in OU <_<
    Anyway, fixed.
  12. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

:O I will get ladder when I get more time, which should be later this week. Just been being bombed with homework/tests this last two weeks. But yes, I shall try my greatest to promote this tier!
  13. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

300 people on the ranks so far, not bad, keep it up ^_^

Edit: I edited my RMT to include a CS version, now I don't know where exactly CS RMTs should be posted if they will be posted, but I do encourage you to make them anyway and let the mods sort this mess out.
  14. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

What type of Chomps are you guys seeing? I am seeing a lot of SD + Yache Chomps.
  15. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

420 people, and the first clear skies RMTs are coming up, keep it up :)

Yache SD Chomps are probably gonna be the most used out of the rest, but surpsingly I rarely see chomps in my battles. Maybe they don't know its legal?
  16. VN.

VN. the birds pt. 1
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

I played the ladder a bit and made it to about #5, although that's no accomplishment by any means. Either way, I really like the banlist that Aldaron has put together, it's much better than the one in OU.
  17. eriados

eriados

I'm 4 on the ladder, so we definitely don't have enough people on it.
  18. jamesfranco131

jamesfranco131

I want some good explanation about this topic can anyone explain for me if you have some time.
  19. Perfexionist

Perfexionist

Basically, many people are opposed to abilities such as Tyranitar's "Sand Stream" that automatically induce permanent weather. As a result, a tier called "Clear Skies" was created, where Pokemon with those abilities are banned.
  20. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

Yeah, same. I am seeing a lot of Dragonite everywhere.
  21. Fawfulmk-II

Fawfulmk-II

I'm gonna check this out. just 2 questions:

1.since this tier exists, does this mean weather abilities can FINALLY stop being nominated as suspects?

2. are the weather rocks(damp rock, heat rock, etc) going to be banned as well?
  22. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

Only auto weather is banned, so feel free to use the weather rocks and the respective move. Too answer number one, I personally don't care about BW OU (The standard weather filled one) anymore, I won't speak for anyone else, but I personally will leave that hell hole alone. ^^

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)