HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Overview
########
  • Great defensive typing in Fairy.
  • Access to reliable recovery.
  • Great support movepool.
  • Has the amazing Unaware.
  • Falls to extremely powerful attackers.
  • Taunt bait.
  • Low base 60 Speed.
  • Poor offensive presence.
Physically Defensive
########
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Heal Bell
move 4: Toxic / Moonblast
ability: Unaware
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

Moves
========
  • Wish for recovery and supporting teammates.
  • Protect gives Clefable a bit more health back from Leftovers and guarantees that Clefable gets health from Wish.
  • Heal Bell to further support the team by getting rid of status.
  • Toxic gives off residual damage.
  • Moonblast for STAB and punishes the Dragon-types that roam the tier. Beats Yveltal, a common Taunt user.
Set Details
========
  • Unaware puts a stop to most setup sweepers.
  • Leftovers for recovery.
  • The EV spread and nature enable it to wall many physical attackers while taking minimal damage from Stealth Rock.
Usage Tips
========
  • Clefable should be primarily used on stall teams.
  • Use it to wall physical attackers and other setup sweepers such as Extreme killer Arceus and Mega Mewtwo X that aren't crazy powerful.
  • Scout for super effective moves with Protect.
  • Use Wish often to keep Clefable's health up.
  • Use moves like Toxic, Heal Bell, and Psyshock whenever Clefable gets the chance.
  • Avoid Mega Gengar, especially if Clefable isn't running Psyshock.
Team Options
========
  • Pursuit users like Tyranitar and Aegislash for Mega Gengar.
  • Solid special walls that fit well on stall like Blissey.
  • SleepTalk Kyogre and Heatran can work well to absorb status, especially if Clefable lacks Heal Bell.
  • Heatran walls Rayquaza and Darkrai decently while Giratina-O can wall Blaziken and Groudon, some of the only setup sweepers that Clefable can't wall.
  • Backup Xerneas checks like Scizor and Aegislash because Clefable doesn't handle it well.
  • Ground Arceus or Groudon can be useful to put Zekrom in a 50/50 situation, especially if choiced.
Other Options
########
  • Cosmic Power and Stored Power shenanigans.
  • A specially defensive set with 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD can be used to somewhat check Xerneas, Calm Mind Arceus, and Yveltal.
  • Stealth Rock.
  • Dual Screens.
  • Other support moves like Thunder Wave, Encore, and Healing Wish.
  • Calm Mind.
  • Psyshock to hit Poison-types.
Checks & Counters
########

**Wallbreakers**: Wallbreakers like Choice Banded Ho-Oh and Choice Specs Kyogre can easily break through Clefable.

**RestTalk**: RestTalk users like Kyogre can ignore status and take pitiful amounts from Moonblast.

**Mega Gengar**: Can trap Clefable and wipe it out easily. Must be wary of Psyshock.

**Steel-types**: Heatran and Steel Arceus can wall Clefable and threaten it out.

**Poison-types**: If Clefable lacks Psyshock, then Poison-types like Poison Arceus can destroy it.

**Taunt**: Taunt users like Yveltal and Mewtwo can force Clefable out. The former must be wary of Moonblast.

QC: [Fireburn] [Edgar] []

Overview
########

Clefable is one of few Pokemon with the Unaware ability, which makes it a great stop to a variety of setup sweepers in the tier. It is also blessed with a great Fairy-typing, which makes it a very unique wall with nice resistances and uncommon weaknesses. With a wide support movepool including Heal Bell and Wish, Clefable manages to find a niche among the behemoths that roam Ubers.

Physically Defensive
########
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Heal Bell
move 4: Toxic / Moonblast
ability: Unaware
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

Moves
========

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Other Options
########

Checks & Counters
########

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to see some examples of what it can stop. Can it handle Xerneas or Arceus?
it handles Jolly LO E-Killer fine and many Eleceus and Ghostceus hate it because of unaware. It can stop Geoxern and CM yes but not LO Xern. It even stops CM Ogre. Unaware is the reason why it is even remotely viable in Ubers tbh.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Physically defensive should be first set.

Specially defensive is either second set or OO; it's OO imo cos it's kinda pretty shit, but some people might disagree with me on that.

[basically sdefensive is overwhelmed by palkia, and LO xerneas easily; GeoXern even poses it a threat if it's recieved any prior damage]

I have written posts about why spdef is shit but too lazy too look them up, will maybe do that later. They are somewhere in the viability thread and the clefable discussion thread, but blerg.

It has to protect if rocks are up, otherwise it gets 2hko'd, therefore subxern will win. This is also because you have to protect to get hp back. Also you have to think about the fact that clef really wants a free switch-in. It can only oustall it if it is at full and gets the free switch, otherwise it will have a hard time. Xern can still win 1v1 if sub, urg what a garbage mon. I run moonlight anyway so sukkit.

Also it dies to LO xern, or any other xern that doesnt care about setting up, like scarf/ebelt. Once again, you have to be at full, which is hard if you rely on this to cleric. Also mention how it can check yvetal, which can be quite a big problem to stall.

Um what I just saw the moveset, you NEED toxic or you wont check anything at all..

it handles Jolly LO E-Killer fine and many Eleceus and Ghostceus hate it because of unaware. It can stop Geoxern and CM yes but not LO Xern. It even stops CM Ogre. Unaware is the reason why it is even remotely viable in Ubers tbh.
I meant damage calculations. Sorry, I could've sworn I mentioned that, but apparently I didn't.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
I have written posts about why spdef is shit but too lazy too look them up, will maybe do that later. They are somewhere in the viability thread and the clefable discussion thread, but blerg.

It has to protect if rocks are up, otherwise it gets 2hko'd, therefore subxern will win. This is also because you have to protect to get hp back. Also you have to think about the fact that clef really wants a free switch-in. It can only oustall it if it is at full and gets the free switch, otherwise it will have a hard time. Xern can still win 1v1 if sub, urg what a garbage mon. I run moonlight anyway so sukkit.

Also it dies to LO xern, or any other xern that doesnt care about setting up, like scarf/ebelt. Once again, you have to be at full, which is hard if you rely on this to cleric. Also mention how it can check yvetal, which can be quite a big problem to stall.

Um what I just saw the moveset, you NEED toxic or you wont check anything at all..
some things i have to say is that you have calm nature with max investment in defense

psyshock is..... i can see it's for mega gengar, but i doubt it OHKOes and you should still be using it with pursuit trappers anyway, and what cleric are you using if you're not using it with clefable? the reason i intensely dislike this is that without Moonblast, Yveltal, which is supposed to be checked by bulky fairies, will taunt and laugh. Palkia with Toxic/Rest doesn't care either, so i fail to see how you're checking these without Moonblast (and as mentioned, Kia breaks clefable in half anyway if it's Lustrous Orb wi/ Hydro Pump.

Ho-Oh in general can beat up on Clefable, and is only scared by Toxic on the switchin.

you might want to put 12 EVs into speed to beat 0 speed ttar, which comes in useful sometimes

magic guard is in no way, shape or form viable, and should not be mentioned in the interview.

i would mention Toxic Spikes as well, as without Heal Bell you're ruined, so they need getting rid of

RestTalk CM Ogre or Xerneas will start a PP war that they will win.

Clefable sucks, what a stupid Pokemon, i hate playing with it so much

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Can someone look over this? I think it's ready for a QC check, but I want to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. I changed up the set a bit, most notably leaving Heal Bell by itself and slashing Toxic with Moonblast. I got rid of Psyshock because it 3HKOs Mega Gengar at most, which is pretty poor.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pursuit users need to be the first teammates mentioned and are basically mandatory if using Clefable, otherwise Gengar just owns it too easily.

Also Poison Arceus doesn't really care about Clefable's piddly Psyshock so stress it more as a counter.

Mention backup Xern checks since PhysDef Clefable does not do well against it (Scizor/Aegi or Lugia are good)

Mention specific things Clefable beats reliably such as EKiller and Mewtwo X, it doesn't necessarily wall things like LO Groudon and Ho-Oh.

SpD still has some merits in somewhat checking Xerneas + CM Arceus and Yveltal so mention that in OO

QC 1/3

• Moonblast for STAB and punishes the Dragon-types that roam the tier. Beats Yveltal, a common Taunt user.
I just noticed this. The physically defensive spread actually doesn't beat Yveltal at all, see calcs below.
252+ SpA Life Orb Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 207-243 (52.5 - 61.6%)

Alright so Oblivion Wing 2HKOs pretty easily, and as for Moonblast vs Yveltal...

4 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 204-240 (51.9 - 61%)

Yveltal actually wins quite easily 1v1 due to Oblivion Wing's insane HP regeneration, of course Yveltal isn't exactly going to switch into a Moonblast but if Yveltal say, switches in on a Heal Bell unexpectedly and you think "Hey, easy KO" when it actually beats you. I believe that it should be mentioned that the user has to be very careful around offensive Yveltal at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)