Cofagrigus

I've ran Disable on my set to some decent success. The main thing it counters is Roopushin since all it runs to attack ghosts is payback and if you disable that you get some free switches to get will o wisp out. I had sub on it as well to help with disabling what I want.

Would some kind of a Calm Mind set work to improve its SpD? With Shadow Ball instead of Night Shade, and of course status and filler. Just to make it a sord of tank.

That set really isn't very intuitive to Desukan's Stat spread, and Psychic/Grass Knot seem rather unnecessary. If you want to use an offensive Desukan, I'd suggest a Nasty Plot set with Trick Room or a Chesto Rest or Substitute Calm Minder.

Desukan @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk
Modest
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball/Evil Eye
HP Fighting
Trick Room
or
Desukan @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
252 HP / 252 Def
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball/Evil Eye
HP Fighting
Substitute/Rest

I think his best use will be a full stop physical wall though with Evil Eye/Will-O-Wisp/HP Fighting/Haze or something. Unfortunately it seems like Burunkeru is already becoming the preferred defensive ghost/spin blocker now with rotom gone. :( I wonder how Desukan would have faired as a Ghost/Rock with Levitate, like many were expecting. It would have helped alot against Blaziken/Heatran/Togekiss and such. Still, very cool Pokemon and pretty decent in battle from what I've seen.
Yeah I forgot it learned Nasty Plot that would work better than psychic

I decided to try and make a moveset for this thing, considering it has some pretty neat tricks up its sleeves.
This is also my first attempt at a setup for a pokemon, but it's still a try. .-.
How about this as a setup?

Desukan @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful/Calm
Ability: Mummy
EVs:
252 HP
180 Sp.Def
78 Def
Moves:
Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
Protect
Power share
Evil Eye / Shadow ball / Filler move

The idea here is more or less to stall and whittle away the opponents HP.
Power share can render a sweeper defunct against Desukan's high defences, while giving the posessed sarcophagus a boost to its comparitively low offensive stats.

The reason I suggest Calm and Impish as natures is that the attacking stat that is unutilized can be better spent in special defence boosts
Additionally, the boost to Special defence gives it more room to switch in on other threats before wrecking their offensive stats.

Will-O-Wisp and the ability Mummy can make a significant threat to any physical sweepers, hence the lower amount of EVs put into Defence, while toxic racks up more damage.

Evil eye is considerably more useful if the Calm nature is used, and the opponent is afflicted by toxic or burn, though Shadow ball is easier to use and Desukan's base special attack is higher.

Bringing Desukan out into a trick room is also a good idea, as the low base speed gives it a better chance of destroying the opponents offence before they can do too much damage.

One major con of this is that power trick is absolutely useless against mixed sweepers, provided their Atk and Sp.Atk are close; on followup turns, the previously lower stat can be used to greater effect.

Of course, there are still sweepers that can tear Desukan apart if they have the chance to set up against it.
as per the ghost type, trying to switch it in on a 0x attack or 0.5x would certainly be preferable.

Well... I hope that covers everything.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I knew it'd have a Defense stat higher than holy hell, but I was disappointed to see that everything else about him is standard fare as far as Ghosts go. I would actually prefer Dusknoir to him, to be perfectly honest.

But I'm sure he'll annoy Scizor users across the globe by switching into their Bullet Punches, nullifying Technician, and Will-o-Wisping them. Sounds like a blast, lol.

Well, Desu was one of the most hyped pokes, design-wise.
I'm still a bit meh about the typing, since I was eager for steel/ghost. (Makes more sense that most pokemon things, anyway).
I only tested for like 5 battles or so, but the calm minder set was actually decent. Nailed every shandera switch in and killed an urugamoth.
Relaxed nature (lol trick room) with Will o Wisp / Calm Mind / Shadow Ball / Disable.
Sadly I don't remember the EVs I used. It gets walled hardcore by normal types, but they werent being common at the time.

I can see Desukan breaking Ninjask's Speed Boost passing and flatout crippling Shedinja altogether. Aside from that fact that its a good Physical wall from what ive been seeing,it can remove both of thier abilities with relative ease (seeing as both of them usually run physical sets,which is where Mummy shines),and its got attacks to destroy Shedinja anyway,Sashed or not.It's deffinitely gonna be a pain for Speed Boost passers too,as they really cant do too much to actually harm it without getting their ability disabled,forcing them to stall (this would be where Toxic/WoW and Evil Eye would be effective).

This guy could make a decent partner with Blissey since I'm pretty sure her Wish will fully heal Desukaan, although whether Mummy and Power Share really give him enough of a niche to warrant use at all is debatable. With Burungeru, Dusknoir and Evolution Stone Dusclops as competition he's got it pretty rough. Really, if you're going to use this guy at all you're pretty much going to have to take advantage of the few things he has that the other Ghosts don't; namely Power Share and/or Haze.

Would this one work?

Alternatively this one doesn't have the background. Dunno where it's originally from though since I found it on 4chan, and I'm sure as hell not going back through there to see if the ripper is credited.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
This guy could make a decent partner with Blissey since I'm pretty sure her Wish will fully heal Desukaan, although whether Mummy and Power Share really give him enough of a niche to warrant use at all is debatable. With Burungeru, Dusknoir and Evolution Stone Dusclops as competition he's got it pretty rough. Really, if you're going to use this guy at all you're pretty much going to have to take advantage of the few things he has that the other Ghosts don't; namely Power Share and/or Haze.

Alternatively this one doesn't have the background. Dunno where it's originally from though since I found it on 4chan, and I'm sure as hell not going back through there to see if the ripper is credited.
After inspecting the element, I got this;
You're Welcome.

After inspecting the element, I got this;
You're Welcome.
Oh wow, didn't think to just check the photobucket album in the link, that was pretty daft of me. Thanks, judging by some of the sprite sheets in his/her album I'm guessing it's originally from The Spriter's Resource, will check around there in a bit.

As for the topic;

Trick Room Lead
Desukaan @ Leftovers
EVs; 252 Hp, 144 Def, 114 Sp.Atk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Pretty standard lead for Trick Room; either sets up TR and gets out or attempts to sweep. The EVs basically ensure you win against the majority of the slower, bulkier leads; namely Gigaisu, Metagross, Swampert and Nattorei.

Power Share
Desukaan @ Leftovers
EVs; 252 HP, 6 Def, 252 Sp.Def (0 Atk IV, 0 Sp.Atk IV)
Careful nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Power Share
- Night Shade
- Substitute / Protect

Rather gimmicky idea I had while mulling over the uses of Power Share and seeing the spread on the last page. Power Share effectively keeps special attackers from breaking through his impressive Sp.Def whilst Power Share in conjunction with Will-O-Wisp completely brings a stop to every burn vulnerable physical attacker in the game. Night Shade gives you a way of dealing damage and breaking through subs, and your last move is for stalling. This thing is best partnered with WishBliss since it can cripple physical attackers giving her an easier time switching in and not only does she provide Wish support, she can also add Toxic into the stalling mix against anything not particuarly bothered by burn, as well as walling Ghosts. Entry hazard support can make this set really irritating.

For the most part the coffin disappoints me as a wall its only somewhat bulkier than Dusky on the physical side but lacks any form of recovery. As a attacker its s.atk is just below what would be threatening and has a pretty bad movepool.

Only good thing I think its got going is the NP/TR set not only can it be a setup but also perform some decent damage and the power share set since its the only way it has to distinguish itself and goes someway to helping its offense and defense.

But I just feel there are far better options available for a TR setup and overall this thing feels like a attempt at a special based Dusky that ended up kinda ripped off.

SJCrew

I think Gamefreak kind of phoned that one in as a favor to us after neutering Rotom-A.

As for the topic;

Trick Room Lead
Desukaan @ Leftovers
EVs; 252 Hp, 144 Def, 114 Sp.Atk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Pretty standard lead for Trick Room; either sets up TR and gets out or attempts to sweep. The EVs basically ensure you win against the majority of the slower, bulkier leads; namely Gigaisu, Metagross, Swampert and Nattorei.
I tried this a few times earlier today to more success than I expected. I swept(well, until he ragequit after 4 KOs) one team without having to use anyone else and took out 2-3 Pokemon several other times. I think people really underestimate his defenses, and they also don't seem to expect Nasty Plot setup after I use Trick Room.

SJCrew

If he had Focus Blast or something to get past Blissey, this set could really put him on the map.

I tried this a few times earlier today to more success than I expected. I swept(well, until he ragequit after 4 KOs) one team without having to use anyone else and took out 2-3 Pokemon several other times. I think people really underestimate his defenses, and they also don't seem to expect Nasty Plot setup after I use Trick Room.
It's not all too surprising given most people assume it's going to play like Dusclops/Dusknoir and forget or outright don't know that Desukaan actually has offensive potential. That and been able to take two Meteor Mashes and a Bullet Punch from LeadGross is absurdly bulky considering the defense investment.

If he had Focus Blast or something to get past Blissey, this set could really put him on the map.
I'm not really sure how much of a threat Blissey actually is in all honesty. Without Toxic she can't really do anything back to Desukaan besides letting it set up three Nasty Plots, or letting it get Trick Room up and switching to something more dangerous for free. And Trick Room teams generally aren't terribly bothered by Thunder Wave. It's worth noting that the ultimate goal of said set is to get Trick Room up; the fact it can potentially sweep as well is just icing on the cake.

On another note reading through the thread and noting the Slaking discussion made me think; could Guard Share have use in Doubles when partnered with Slaking? Considering Desukaan's pretty damn impressive defenses and Slakings ridiculous HP I imagine after a Guard Share Slaking would be pretty damn hard to take down, and since Slaking is faster it could attack Desukaan before the Guard Swap letting it get Mummy.

SJCrew

I wouldn't switch in Blissey unless I had a plan to actually stop it. As long as she's keeping a special sweeper from sweeping, she's doing her job.

Mine can't take hits too well due to his not so wonderful HP but He does the job right. Coming in on guts Roopushins and other ability threats =/ Though I never thought to use it and bring in my slaking...(who I just happened to have) Thanks for the idea xD

I wouldn't switch in Blissey unless I had a plan to actually stop it. As long as she's keeping a special sweeper from sweeping, she's doing her job.
True, but as long as Desukaan sets Trick Room up its also done its job. What I was getting at mainly was that although Blissey can stop the sweep she can't do anything about Trick Room. Personally I'd be more concerned about Taunting leads and such than Blissey keeping Desukaan from sweeping.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Slaking's Homie
Tut @ Custap
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
~Mean Look
~Memento
~Endure
~Will-O-Wisp / Scary Face / Grudge / Heal Block / Flash

This is a decently straightforward set - the basic idea is to trap a contact attacker, infect them with Mummy, soften them up for Slaking, and die. This gets your sloth in for free, and ensures that the victim you trap can't do anything in return except get groped by Pursuit.

Mean Look is the bread and butter of this set, trapping desirable targets for setup. Memento lets you go out in style, netting you a free switch-in for Slaking into a crippled opponent. Endure can be used in the absence of Sand/Hail to activate Custap and get a free Memento off.

The last slot is entirely up to you: Will-O-Wisp is a decent way to keep the victim crippled when they flee Slaking. Scary Face can bring foes down to your speed if you wish, or bring faster victims under Slaking's speed. Grudge actually works very nicely for Tut's suicide role, as the move they use to kill Tut is entirely drained of PP. Heal Block is an option if you find yourself trapping walls more often than you like. Flashing a trapped opponent is just a dick move.

I didnt read the other posts, but i want to ask:

How good can this thing come against Doryuuzu without Sash what is useless in sandstorm?

I didnt read the other posts, but i want to ask:

How good can this thing come against Doryuuzu without Sash what is useless in sandstorm?
Impish 252 HP / 252 Desukan against

Adamant 252 Atk Earthquake
31.9% - 37.8%

Adamant 252 Atk LO Earthquake
41.6% - 49.1%

Adamant 252 Atk +2 Earthquake
63.8% - 75.3%

Adamant 252 Atk +2 LO Earthquake
82.8% - 97.8%

Adamant 252 Atk +2 LO Rock Slide does a max of 49% so generally speaking Desukaan can switch into any of Doryuuzu's unboosted attacks safely. That being said the only thing you can really do in return is Pain Split or Will-O-Wisp.

I can't help but ask: Mummify basically disables abilities right? So what would happen when someone with Faint Heart or Truant hits Desukan? Their abilities are a hindrance, so wouldn't it be a good thing?

I wonder...

I can't help but ask: Mummify basically disables abilities right? So what would happen when someone with Faint Heart or Truant hits Desukan? Their abilities are a hindrance, so wouldn't it be a good thing?

I wonder...
This is the whole basis of the strategy I explained. Read through the earlier pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)