Cofagrigus

So after a bit of tampering with the TR lead set;

Desukan @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 88 SAtk
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 30 Def / 30 Sp.Atk / 30 Sp.Def / 2 Spe (HP Fighting 70)
Quiet Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Spe) / Relaxed Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is what I consider to be the "base" for the spread. The EVs are the minimal require to beat things like Metagross, Kojondo and other leads you don't really want something like Porygon 2 to go up against (Whom I might add makes an amazing partner for this set; forming a sort of TR "Lead Core"). You've got 28 spare EVs to invest anywhere and then you can pick your nature on top of that, either to be more offensive or more defensive (Quiet or Relaxed respectively). The 88 Sp.Atk EVs ensure the 2HKO on standard Kojondo before NP with a neutral nature, and if you go with a Quiet nature you can 2HKO physically defensive Hippowdon at +2. I'm too lazy to run the calcs to see where the extra 28 EVs would really matter.

You could alternatively go with Sassy and put the left over 28 EVs into Sp.Def so that you can ensure that Lead Infernape can't 2HKO with Fire Blast (Assuming Focus Sash) which allows you to beat it one on one should it go for SR first turn, although Desukaan won't be in terribly good shape afterwards so you're generally better off just leading with something like Rankurusu or Latios against 'nape. The Special bulk might come in handy on occasion mind you, but the loss in power isn't really worth it in my opinion.

I only read the first 3 pages of this thread, so, forgive me if I regurgitate something on the fourth page, but...

I think Desukan would be a great check to Jirachi thanks to high defence, Will-O-Wisp, and the removal of Serene Grace. He obviously cannot take on SubCM and the like, but he puts non-Trick ScarfRachi and Expert Belt (bluffer) variants in a pinch.

Also, the few pokemon who don't care about losing their abilities to Mummy (Gyarados, Salamence, Tyranitar, Ononokusu (is not affected w/ Mold Breaker I think), Metagross somewhat; to name a few) could be dealt with in the form of Will-O-Wisp.

I can see Desukan on many stall teams and balanced/offensive teams as a defensive spin blocker. I would argue that he's better on an offensive team as spin blocker than Gengar because he easily cripples opposing physical walls and sweepers to help soften blows that could otherwise destroy your own frail sweepers. Then again, he could run a Bulky CM set or maybe even Nasty Plot for gimmickiness/surprise value.

Probably my favorite pokemon in Gen V just because he's a floating sarcophagus.

Slaking's Homie
Tut @ Custap
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
~Mean Look
~Memento
~Endure
~Will-O-Wisp / Scary Face / Grudge / Heal Block / Flash

This is a decently straightforward set - the basic idea is to trap a contact attacker, infect them with Mummy, soften them up for Slaking, and die. This gets your sloth in for free, and ensures that the victim you trap can't do anything in return except get groped by Pursuit.

Mean Look is the bread and butter of this set, trapping desirable targets for setup. Memento lets you go out in style, netting you a free switch-in for Slaking into a crippled opponent. Endure can be used in the absence of Sand/Hail to activate Custap and get a free Memento off.

The last slot is entirely up to you: Will-O-Wisp is a decent way to keep the victim crippled when they flee Slaking. Scary Face can bring foes down to your speed if you wish, or bring faster victims under Slaking's speed. Grudge actually works very nicely for Tut's suicide role, as the move they use to kill Tut is entirely drained of PP. Heal Block is an option if you find yourself trapping walls more often than you like. Flashing a trapped opponent is just a dick move.
I might be outdated, but couldn't you utilize Escape Button on Desukan? Switch in, get hit, then send in Slaking. This way you don't need to die to set your sloth up.

@thorhammer - I, at least, read your posts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't this be an absolutely beastly Pokemon in Doubles/Triples? Power Share to cripple enemy sweepers, Guard Share to bulk up your Pokemon, WoW to burn stuff, and Mummy to remove abilities. Hell, you could even do something really weird with NP+Power Share to buff up a sweeper, but that's kind of silly. Maybe Politoed+Desukan+Lapras could work well, with Politoed setting up the rain, Desukan buffing Lapras' defenses to 130-~110-~100, and Lapras setting up for a DD-Hydration sweep.

What about a curse set for taking down walls and stallers like milotic, nattorei, etc.

Paired with mamanbou or blissey, it can curse while they're setting up hazards/sleeping/etc., switch out and blissey/mamnbou can heal with wish

or you can give it a custap berry and it can function as a destiny bonder

Something like...

Desukan (F) @ Custap Berry Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Curse
- Endure
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

What about a curse set for taking down walls and stallers like milotic, nattorei, etc.

Paired with mamanbou or blissey, it can curse while they're setting up hazards/sleeping/etc., switch out and blissey/mamnbou can heal with wish

or you can give it a custap berry and it can function as a destiny bonder

Something like...

Desukan (F) @ Custap Berry Trait: Mummy
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Curse
- Endure
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
It looks good in theory, but poor in practice. Unfortunately, this set becomes Taunt bait, and losing Leftovers recovery is definitely not a good thing.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
...Well, Movie Entei had Custap Berry and can be transferred to B/W by some kind of "Transfer Machine" (a Pokéshifter-like feature exclusive to the Movie Beasts and Movie Celebi)... We just need someone to check if this Machine lets Entei be transferred with its berry.

...You'd build a set off of the use of a single instance of a berry that you can only get in one movie event?

And what happens to your build when the berry is gone? Time to retire the build, I guess.

...You'd build a set off of the use of a single instance of a berry that you can only get in one movie event?

And what happens to your build when the berry is gone? Time to retire the build, I guess.
It's not like Berries grow on trees or anything, y'know.

But actually, you can't transfer items at all from 4th gen to 5th, even with the event transfer event, so no carrying Custap over.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Can't you grow more of them?

Also, unless I'm completely mistaken, consumable items don't get used up permanently in PvP battles, so unless you're stupid enough to use it in-game, you should be fine.

Ah yes I can see Evil Eye being used a lot especialy is Desukan is running Will-o-wisp. Its a shame it does not get Focus Blast.

Desukan @ Leftovers
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-HP Fighting
-Calm Mind

Also Toxic + Protect you be interesting when combined with Evil Eye.
Focus Blast isnt so good, 70 accuracy is quite poor to be honest

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Focus Blast isnt so good, 70 accuracy is quite poor to be honest
120*0.7=84, higher average damage than HP, not to mention it'll get some KOs that you wouldn't get otherwise. Sure, the misses can ruin you sometimes, but that doesn't matter as much in a ladder environment where average is what matters.

A set that has worked well for me has been

Desukan @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will o Wisp
- Toxic
- Evil Eye/Shadow Ball
- Haze

With max Def it serves as an amazing Speed Boost Blaziken counter, among many other things. Haze is also great for stopping set-upers and Evil Eye is superior to Shadow Ball because of its 100 BP if the opponent is burned or poisoned.

What about...

Desukan @Leftovers

Bold~252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Mummy
~Calm Mind
~Will-o-wisp
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power Fighting

My only problem is recovery. I've been trying to find a way around that, because I always feel disapointed with 3 non-attacking moves, and 1 move that'd get me walled easily.

...Well, Movie Entei had Custap Berry and can be transferred to B/W by some kind of "Transfer Machine" (a Pokéwalker-like feature exclusive to the Movie Beasts and Movie Celebi)... We just need someone to check if this Machine lets Entei be transferred with its berry.
To my knowledge, no pokemon can be transferred if it is holding an item.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
To my knowledge, no pokemon can be transferred if it is holding an item.
I mixed up, sorry. The "Transfer Machine" is a Pokéshifter-like feature exclusive to the Movie Dogs/Celebi; no item can be transferred by the Shifter, but maybe it can by the Machine (it can be used before the E4 and apparently it has no catching minigame, so we already know it works differently).

I've been using this set to moderate success on my toxic spikes stall team.

Desukan @Red Card
Modest Nature
252 HP/88 DEF/ 168 SPDEF
Nasty Plot
Energy Ball
Evil Eye/Shadow Ball
Trick Room

I use the free turn that red card gives me to either TR or NP, then proceed to demolish a few pokemon. Evil eye does wonders with toxic spikes out, but if you wanted better reliability, you should use shadow ball.
Ehh, food for thought I guess.

Sorry for thread necroing, but: Desukaan is now known as "Cofagrigus." Confusing name, I know, but let's just go with the flow.

Anyway, I was looking through Cofagrigus' offensive options, and there aren't a lot, but enough to put together a Choice Specs set (sorry if already posted):
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Energy Ball/Grass Knot
-Psychic
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Item: Choice Specs

I only read the first 3 pages of this thread, so, forgive me if I regurgitate something on the fourth page, but...

I think Desukan would be a great check to Jirachi thanks to high defence, Will-O-Wisp, and the removal of Serene Grace. He obviously cannot take on SubCM and the like, but he puts non-Trick ScarfRachi and Expert Belt (bluffer) variants in a pinch.

Also, the few pokemon who don't care about losing their abilities to Mummy (Gyarados, Salamence, Tyranitar, Ononokusu (is not affected w/ Mold Breaker I think), Metagross somewhat; to name a few) could be dealt with in the form of Will-O-Wisp.

I can see Desukan on many stall teams and balanced/offensive teams as a defensive spin blocker. I would argue that he's better on an offensive team as spin blocker than Gengar because he easily cripples opposing physical walls and sweepers to help soften blows that could otherwise destroy your own frail sweepers. Then again, he could run a Bulky CM set or maybe even Nasty Plot for gimmickiness/surprise value.

Probably my favorite pokemon in Gen V just because he's a floating sarcophagus.
He can't really do much of anything to CM+Wish rachi or SubRachi

One of the great principles of Pokemon is that you cannot kill ALL other Pokemon. Hence why they are indeed some Pokemon Desukan cant do anything to. That's why you get 6 of them, so you can pack counters to your own Mon's counters.

Anyway with Mental Herb the lead set isnt Taunt bait anymore, It sets up a guaranteed Trick Room, bar stuff like Spore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)