1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Combee (Placeholder)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Venser, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Venser

Venser

[​IMG]

[overview]

• great base 70 speed
    • whopping seven-attack movepool
    • balanced attacking stats let combee hit equally weakly from both sides

[set]
    name:
    move 1:
    move 2:
    move 3:
    move 4:
    item:
    ability:
    nature:
    evs:
  2. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I PMed Rising_Dusk about whether or not we could have joke analyses. I'll get back to you once he gets back to me. =)
  3. Brammi

Brammi

Does it even get enough moves for a full set?
  4. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

11 moves in its arsenal, that's way more than goddamn weedle
  5. Bynine

Bynine

Let's see.

In LC terms, Combee has a great base 70 speed but not much else. It does get Tailwind and Bug Bite, one for psuedo raising your team's speed and the other for eating the vast amount of delicious berries Little Cup has available. Its offensive movepool blows; the best you'll probably get is Swift/Air Cutter/Ominous Wind specially, and physically.. uh.. Bug Bite. And perhaps Endeavor.

Joke analysis.
  6. iDunno

iDunno

its probably better not to overdo it with the joke analyses. if we were to do one for every semi pathetic pokemon, wed have way too many and they would lose their impact. plus, its not sure of whether they are allowed
  7. Brammi

Brammi

With moves like that you can do a more serious anlysis. It looks like it is the only pokemon that can switch into rocks twice them use pinch berry endeavor. That's actually a decent surprise set.

Yeah make this serious.

if you want help making the (two?) sets that it should have them let me know and I can help you.
  8. Venser

Venser

I can make the sets, that's not an issue.
  9. tomtom5858

tomtom5858

I think this could be both; make it like the sets for Farfetch'd or Luvdisc.
  10. Flashrider57

Flashrider57

I've found that a number of Pokemon in LC rely on Oran Berry for recovery, and Bug Bite, combined with base 70 speed, makes Combee an interesting tool to use against defensive Pokemon to give others a chance to sweep (even though its Attack stat sucks...). I'm supporting serious analysis here.
  11. Oglemi

Oglemi THE DREAM IS REAL
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

locking due to inactivity

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)