1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Community Create-A-Team: Forgotten Wonders (LC)

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Heysup, Oct 2, 2009.

?

Which Pokemon should we base the CCAT around?

1. Life Orb Eevee

117 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Wynaut

90 vote(s)
    43.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0

I feel like putting in a word, if anyone even remembers me anymore.
    I say the first teammate should be RP Larvitar,
    Larvitar (M) @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 36 HP/244 Atk/36 Def/188 Spd
    Adamant/Jolly
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Polish
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch

This little guy has been a recent favorite of mine, hard to set up but once you do works wonders. Slightly different from MGX's set, RP is more important for Larvitar because it already hits very very hard, the extra speed is needed over the extra attack. MGX's evs missed out on 1 extra defense point, which also could be 1 special defense point if needed.
    Anyway the advantages Larvitar has over the other nominees is 1, it's green, and everyone like green. But really, within a turn it's immune to status and can also come in to a willowisp, which Dratini and Gligar will not like. Larvitar has a solid movepool and actually not bad typing, resist to normal stops many priority users from taking him out at full health. And I know his huge priority weakness scares people from using him, but paired with a Mantyke (to be considered later on) makes everything better, resisting water (sometimes immune to), steel and fight and can defeat usually the users of this priority attacks. Anyway that's my two cents, this took a while to write up so if a decision was made on who to use while I was writing this, then I suck
  2. A.P.

A.P.

Krabby doesn't learn Aqua Tail.

But if I'm not mistaken, Crabhammer has the same base power.

I would recomend SubPunch Gunk as an aside Pokémon, not the main sweeper, but it should be able to eliminate the main sweeper's counters.
  3. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I was talking about dratini.
  4. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Dratini doesn't learn Swords Dance...no matter though.

To me, the clear choice to run as our sweeper is Dratini. It can devastate entire teams after a single DD, as it runs the highest power priority move in the game. Also, everything that resists it or is immune to it is outsped, bar scarfers, so you can switch to either Waterfall or Outrage without having to worry much. The only thing that can really threaten it is Scarf Gastly, but those are easily handled with something like Stunky.
  5. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I think we can basically all agree on Dratini being one of the most powerful sweepers in Little Cup, especially with Wynaut. So lets put that into the team.

Tentative Team:

Lead
    Wynaut
    Dratini
    ?
    ?
    ?

I think we need to pick something to counter Ghosts, A lead, and 2 more sweepers (or 1 sweeper and one scarfer).

Lets start talking about the Second Sweeper
  6. Maris

Maris

well how bout a Agility gligar or a krabby
    Krabby@oran adamant with max attk/bulky evs (i forgot the evs off the top of my head)
    agility
    crabhammer
    return
    superpower
    this set will do great with wynuts support allowing it to set up a agility and sweep entire teams like it did in the suspect test for me
    Or a gligar@oran (similar Evs to the krabby)
    Rock polish
    earthquake
    quick attack
    arial ace
    this set is less orginal than krabby but it does better in the metagame. After a rock polish it gets 30 speed enough to outspeed every poke in the metagame. Quick attack provides priority earthquake power and arial ace gives decent neutral coveredge.
  7. Heysup

Not bad suggestions. I used a Wynaut / Dratini / Krabby combo for the BJuice test, and it worked quite well.

Gligar is also a good candidate, it has great defenses and resistances. We would need to tack on an Ice Resist and a Ghost counter (Munchlax anyone?) if we did that though.
  8. Dubulous

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

If we do use Krabby, I think we should put Swords Dance in over Superpower, as we already have neutral coverage on everything in LC with Return + Crabhammer. Plus, if we're attempting a sweep, we don't really want to be lowering Krabby's attack.
  9. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Agreed. Also, Croagunk loves to come in on Crabhammer, and lowering its exceptional Defense leaves it way more susceptible to Fake Out from the frog.
  10. [Hero]

[Hero]

I think using an Agility Chinchou or an Agility Mantyke would work as the second sweeper. Chinchou has Volt Absorb and Mantyke has Water Absorb giving much needed immunities to this team.
  11. Heysup

The issue with that is that both water and Electric attacks are easily shaken off by Dratini, having two Pokemon who rely on those would me quite redundant.
  12. Mattman324

Mattman324

I think having a Steel type is a good idea, because they resist Ice and Dragon. Which one, though? Bronzor, Aron or Shieldon perhaps? I don't know...
  13. Maris

Maris

If you go with gligar as your other setup sweeper A good ice resist would be Totodile With the set
    Totodile@Oran
    swords dance
    aqua jet
    ice punch
    return
    this set uses totodiles amazing ability to setup aSD and have a priority as backup. After setting up a SD it can beat common prioriy users by aqua jetting them.
    Here are some ideas for pokes that counter ghosts
    Diglett (suker punch and shadow claw)@ focus sash
    Stunky
    choice scarf ghastly
  14. Heysup

Totodile with Dragon Dance and Aqua Jet is illegal. Please check the move illegalities page before suggesting sets :)
  15. Maris

Maris

I did check it 3 times i never saw anything that segusted it was illegal... oh well then replace DD with SD
    here is the page of illegal movesets
    ~Ice Fang + Mega Punch,
    ~Ice Fang + Mega Kick,
    ~Ice Fang + Body Slam,
    ~Ice Fang + Double-Edge,
    ~Ice Fang + Counter,
    ~Ice Fang + Seismic Toss,
    ~Ice Fang + Mimic,
    ~Ice Fang + DynamicPunch,
    ~Ice Fang + Hydro Cannon,
    ~Flail + Mega Punch,
    ~Flail + Mega Kick,
    ~Flail + Body Slam,
    ~Flail + Double-Edge,
    ~Flail + Counter,
    ~Flail + Seismic Toss,
    ~Flail + Mimic,
    ~Flail + DynamicPunch,
    ~Flail + Hydro Cannon,
    ~Superpower + Mega Punch,
    ~Superpower + Mega Kick,
    ~Superpower + Body Slam,
    ~Superpower + Double-Edge,
    ~Superpower + Counter,
    ~Superpower + Seismic Toss,
    ~Superpower + Mimic,
    ~Superpower + DynamicPunch,
    ~Superpower + Hydro Cannon,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Water Gun,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Rage,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Bite,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Scary Face,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Thrash,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Slash,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Screech,
    ~Hydro Cannon + Hydro Pump,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + Mega Punch,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + Mega Kick,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + Body Slam,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + Double-Edge,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + Counter,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + Seismic Toss,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + Mimic,
    ~Thrash + Mud Sport + DynamicPunch,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + Mega Punch,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + Mega Kick,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + Body Slam,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + Double-Edge,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + Counter,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + Seismic Toss,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + Mimic,
    ~Thrash + Water Sport + DynamicPunch,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + Mega Punch,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + Mega Kick,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + Body Slam,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + Double-Edge,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + Counter,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + Seismic Toss,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + Mimic,
    ~Crunch + Mud Sport + Water Sport + DynamicPunch;
    I dont see a aqua jet+dragon dance
    do you?
  16. Dubulous

They don't get Aqua Jet by leveling up. They get it by breeding. No two parents can learn both Aqua Jet and Dragon Dance, so it is an illegal combination.

The illegal movesets have not been updated with with the new HG/SS moves yet. That's why it isn't on the list.
  17. Maris

Maris

isnt forgetting stuff off the top of your head wonderful?
  18. Sledge

Sledge

Krabby @ Choice Scarf
    -Crabhammer
    -Return
    -X-Scissor
    -Superpower

I have been using this set with great results. Still packs a huge punch w/crabhammer and can put large dents or KO anything that doesn't restist water. And even does respectable damage to water-types. The only problem with this set is if they know a crabhammer is obviouly coming they can switch to Paras/'Gunk and can heal up and get a free turn. This might be conisdered more of a revenge killer but is also a great option as a sweeper.
  19. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The problem I see with this if we happen to actually KO something with Crabhammer, then a something like Mantyke or Chinchou could come in to set up and possibly sweep our team depending on how much damage Wynaut has taken. That being said, if we wanted to go to a different route we still need an answer to those specific pokemon, I would suggest Snover as it counter Chinchou rather well, but STAB Hidden Power Flying off of Mantyke could prove an issue. Chinchou does counter Mantyke rather well though.
  20. Heysup

I think we should focus on the second set-up sweeper.

Our possibilities atm are:

SD Gligar:

We would obviously need some sort of Ice absorber to go with this.

Agility Krabby:

Not a bad combo.

Agility Chinchou

NP Missy:

Can set up on EQ :).
  21. Rolf

Rolf

I really think ANY little cup team cannot go without a levitating ghost. The immunities that they add are priceless imo.

Basically, get a Gastly and/or Missy. Gastly with destiny bond works wonders for beating missy's counters, so if you want then that could be one way to go.
  22. Banryu

Banryu

If one were to consider said Krabby, then a suitable counter for Mantyke or Chinchou could be a strong Trace-user, like Porygon. Porygon can copy Mantyke's Water Absorb, making Hydro Pump useless and being able to KO with Thunderbolt, or Chincou's Volt Absorb, doing the same thing and possibly OHKOing or 2HKOing with Shadow Ball or Return.

I'm not saying we should do it necessarily, but it's an option... >.>
  23. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

A.K.A. why you should use Swift Swim on *all* Mantyke. Mantyke takes ~dick damage from water attacks, and using Swift Swim lets it beat a lot of the stuff on standard rain teams as well.
  24. Dubulous

Duskull also levitates, unlike it's evolutions, so that is another route we could take. Although, this is somewhat irrelevant since we are not at that stage of the team building yet.

Right now I support running Agility Chinchou. It's a solid Krabby counter in addition to it's own sweeping ability. It makes a nice compliment to Dratini as it can take ice attacks without an issue and threaten to KO the most common Ice users with Thunderbolt.
  25. Heysup

It doesn't work like that for Chinchou since it has two STABs.

I support Missy and Chinchou as of now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)