Project Community Create a Team (Week 7: Final Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
The winner is Miyami~~! and now we have finished building a team, but we still have two weeks of refining to fix any errors we possibly can. Go out and test the team and see of there is anything we can change within movesets or even pokemon. Replays can help to support your claims but make sure they are against players who have real teams and are playing good. Have fun!!!
http://pastebin.com/FHYtNfa9

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
First of all

I am thinking about doing one of these for every team that is made.

Now onto the actually meat.

Honestly there are a lot situations I am not using Heat Wave. In fact the only Pokemon I ever really hit with Heat Wave is Mega Steelix, and occasionally Bronzong. The team also can't deal with Water-types well so I tried out Energy Ball like someone said earlier. It helps to deal with pokemon like Blastoise which through testing is kind of hard to break. I also feel that Earthquake is a bit redundant on Flygon so I started using Fire Blast and Earth Power over Earthquake. The only reason I have been using Fire Blast was for Bronzong but the team doesn't struggle with it too much. I know there is an argument that Flygon can't really abuse SD Pass anymore but it doesn't really matter when you can only really abuse Earthquake. Thoughts?

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
You most definitely need heat wave, this team doesn't switch into mega steelix at all, also the whole spiritomb > drapion thing
And we seen to not have a water resist lol
What about this:
Wind's Course (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Takes 40% from melos hyper voice, can deal with sigil too, somewhat, and resists water(we just lose to sharpedo ?_?)
I would suggest it over drapion/spiritomb

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
You most definitely need heat wave, this team doesn't switch into mega steelix at all, also the whole spiritomb > drapion thing
And we seen to not have a water resist lol
What about this:
Wind's Course (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Takes 40% from melos hyper voice, can deal with sigil too, somewhat, and resists water(we just lose to sharpedo ?_?)
I would suggest it over drapion/spiritomb
We definitely need a Water-resist and more importantly something that deals with Sharpedo, another thing that I am just going to mention is Yache Berry Virizion, completely untested but in theory works.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
So now that suspect has been done there is one discussion point to talk about.
Should we replace Drapion for AV Tangrowth?
All though Sharpedo is out of the tier now we still have to deal with Water-types and it also provides a nice pivot for the team as well.

Don't be afraid to bring up other things that could be changed.
If this gets no discussion then the team will stay the same and we will restart the process!

I don't really like the team at all, it lacks any strong offensive presence outside of Aerodactyl (which most teams have a decent switch in too) and Sigilyph (who's probably are best memeber). Mega Audino isn't bulky enough to take repeated hits if they get hazards up, and once it's reveled it's a lure it's pretty easy to deal with because it's pretty weak. Drapion needs setup to be effective, and Mawile and Flygon are piss weak. Our switch in to too many mons is Mawile, who isn't bulky enough to take too many repeated hits. Because of this we have a hard time beating most well-built offense and stall. I think offensive Mega Audino would only really work on a counterteam that knows what type of team it's going up against. As just a general team this team is p bad and I hope next round (when we restart the process) we choose a mon that's already known to be viable, but is just somewhat underutilized. (EX: SD Gallade, Jynx, RP Tyrantrum.)

Because of what I mentioned above, I don't really think it matters if we switch for Tangrowth or not: One version is weak to Waters, which are very common, and the other is weak to Meloetta and has even less offensive presence. Basically both versions are pretty meh lol.

Lure MAudino, which doesn't offer a whole lot defensively, can be pretty tough to build with. The team alan used in SPL vs Windsong (Audino / Aero / Venusaur / Emboar / Seismitoad / Malamar) in week 5 has some similar ideas going on, and while lure maudino is great, it really needs the bulky set as "catch-all" answer to some of the things the team struggles to switch in on (inevitably making it weaker to stuff like subcm meloetta or subbu braviary, although i'm contemplating adding encore somewhere if these mons are really as big of an issue in practice). I can't see, unfortunately, the same team utilizing this same offensive maudino because while it seems really good on paper, there are a few inherent flaws.

Audino/M-Audino is weak and slow. It does have great bulk, but if your only recovery is regenerator, meaning you can't even mega evolve, you'll be hard-pressed to make solid use of it. Once its lure set is revealed, its going to be hard pressed to do anything in a match. Healing wish seems splendid too, but being a slow user of it that also can't even hit back hard is a bit pitiful. In some situations in could become a liability. With a defensive set, Audino still has some flaws but at least it can offer utility to a team throughout the game.

After trying to fiddle around with the team a bit, I came up with a result that is somewhat similar to the current build, but I feel a bit more solid, and i actually like the looks of it quite a bit.

I kept M-Audino + Aero + Flygon (gonna use a fast set though), and then decided to use qwilfish because it just solved a lot of problems like it checked some waters, checks durant, good defensive synergy and utility, etc. (I Actually removed flygon, added qwilfish, and then decided to add flygon back again). I then added escavalier because I really hated mawile as the steel type on this team, esca loses out on a proper rock resist and stealth rocks, but it can check psychics like melo superbly. For the last slot I decided Uxie might work since it adds a little bit of momentum, checks fighting types while aero doesn't want to switch in and audino is in regular form, checks sigi with twave, etc. You can see its somewhat similar to Drap / Maw / Sigi but i think what I did works out a little better. I know this isn't the purpose of the thread to just change the team how you like it, but I just wanted to give my two cents on this team since i feel our original build was a bit lacking.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Lure MAudino, which doesn't offer a whole lot defensively, can be pretty tough to build with. The team alan used in SPL vs Windsong (Audino / Aero / Venusaur / Emboar / Seismitoad / Malamar) in week 5 has some similar ideas going on, and while lure maudino is great, it really needs the bulky set as "catch-all" answer to some of the things the team struggles to switch in on (inevitably making it weaker to stuff like subcm meloetta or subbu braviary, although i'm contemplating adding encore somewhere if these mons are really as big of an issue in practice). I can't see, unfortunately, the same team utilizing this same offensive maudino because while it seems really good on paper, there are a few inherent flaws.

Audino/M-Audino is weak and slow. It does have great bulk, but if your only recovery is regenerator, meaning you can't even mega evolve, you'll be hard-pressed to make solid use of it. Once its lure set is revealed, its going to be hard pressed to do anything in a match. Healing wish seems splendid too, but being a slow user of it that also can't even hit back hard is a bit pitiful. In some situations in could become a liability. With a defensive set, Audino still has some flaws but at least it can offer utility to a team throughout the game.

After trying to fiddle around with the team a bit, I came up with a result that is somewhat similar to the current build, but I feel a bit more solid, and i actually like the looks of it quite a bit.

I kept M-Audino + Aero + Flygon (gonna use a fast set though), and then decided to use qwilfish because it just solved a lot of problems like it checked some waters, checks durant, good defensive synergy and utility, etc. (I Actually removed flygon, added qwilfish, and then decided to add flygon back again). I then added escavalier because I really hated mawile as the steel type on this team, esca loses out on a proper rock resist and stealth rocks, but it can check psychics like melo superbly. For the last slot I decided Uxie might work since it adds a little bit of momentum, checks fighting types while aero doesn't want to switch in and audino is in regular form, checks sigi with twave, etc. You can see its somewhat similar to Drap / Maw / Sigi but i think what I did works out a little better. I know this isn't the purpose of the thread to just change the team how you like it, but I just wanted to give my two cents on this team since i feel our original build was a bit lacking.
I agree a lot and what I really think what kind of through the build off was trying to abuse LureDino. We were trying to abuse it too much which lead our decision towards using Drapion especially when Mawile was added. So now I have a few questions for everyone.

• Would switching out Excalivier and Qwilfish for Mawile and Drapion help the team out? If so, then what does it help to achieve that the former members didn't? Does this open up any new weaknesses?
  • Would switching out Uxie for Sigilyph help the team? Does Uxie only work when the other two teammates are added? What move set would help to compliment this team better?
Those are just things that could be brought up and discussed

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If that Mega Audino became a defensive variant Im going to cry. Defensive mega audino blows and does absolutely nothing besides killing all the offensive momentum this team could generate. Lure audino at least weaken mons more aerodactyl to have an easier time getting past bulky teams thanks to its coverage (that is the whole point of mega audino in a team like this).

Seeing FlamingVictini´s revision, it is actually pretty nice but the main issue is that... how is this team getting past a well played balanced team? The squad right now is walled to hell and back by any prominent combination of water + steel which leads me to believe that sigilyph would be the best choice as a balance breaker here. Having healing wish audino could easily let you pull off a calm mind + 3 attacks sigilyph (pretty crazy but it could work, Id rather have roost cause designated fighting check). Unless this is banded esca (which helps but barely a solution) team feels... eh.

Will comment on this team and potential fixes when I return from my sleep cause Im feeling rather drowsy right now, be back in like 9 hours.

Yh the reason for uxie is because otherwise the team with qwil and esca the team doesn't have a rocker, otherwise sigi is a nice slot. I never said to make the audino defensive on this team (just that its necessary on that different team I brought to mind, which has some similar ideas going on). I honestly think its really difficult to get a great team with it, i'm thinking of having toxic somewhere on the team.

? I don't like the tyrantrum answers much but idk :[, its hard to keep drapion even though i'd love it if you could keep it

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Okay so we are going to restart the cycle finally!
Remember that this time around when you nominate something you also nominate a play style whether it would be stall or Hyper Offense. I look forward to seeing the new mons!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Balance

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird

Nobody ever sees Braviary anymore. Well, at least I don't. It does have a lot of problems, including competition from other Flying-types like Fletchinder, and not being able to break through Steel and Rock-types like Mega Steelix and Rhyperior, but it's still a really cool mon. SubBU Braviary is an awesome balance breaker at the moment as it sets up on common mons like Alomomola and Venusaur, and it can even sweep late-game if used right. Braviary does require some support to break through mons like Diancie, but overall it's a really underrated mon at the moment in my opinion, and we should build a team around it to help it get more attention!

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Balance

Galbia (Jumpluff)
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Encore
- Acrobatics
- U-turn / Memento

Jumpluff is a rather unique Pokemon of choice, it has a lot of tools to work with and plays as a massive support Pokemon. It can get free turns and force some bad situations with a combination of Encore + Sleep Powder. Acrobatics allows it to check Virizion and Hitmonlee and maybe picking off some other weakened Pokemon like Venusaur and Sawk. U-turn can be used to carry even more momentum by forcing an encore switch into a Sleep Powder switch into a U-turn can play around with your opponent. Memento can give frailer sweepers a better chance to set up like Fletchinder and Omastar.

Offense

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

I love using Mega Camerupt. It's should be decently easy to build with, as it has pretty decided strengths and weaknesses. Fire Blast and Earth POwer are STAB moves that 2HKO or OHKO the vast majority of the metagame. Hidden power Ice nails flygon, while toxic cripples Jellicent and Alomomola that might attempt to switch in on it. I'd like to build an offense or bulky offense team around it, with plenty of pokemon that threaten the fast offensive teams it doesn't care for.

Balance

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power / Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock

ngl I have yet to really see or build a Diancie team I like it on. I think it sounds great in theory tho. My hope is that the team will be able to effectively make use of Diancie's strengths as I feel on most teams the defensive set only fills roles other mons already do (Alomomola as a fire check, steelix for rocks + it only adds rock weakness, etc) and so on. Most teams I use it on I end up dropping because of this. I do enjoy it's better Manectric match-up than Steelix, something other defensive cores struggle with. Walling Fletchinder + not caring about Will-O-Wisp is pretty awesome. Houndoom doesn't even exist in this meta because of Dia (and tyrantrum and alomomola). I love and hate it's typing, mostly because Steel moves are just so easy to randomly run into but also it only adds a ground weakness to the stuff balance commonly needs.

Diancie had a pretty high SPL winrate, I think it'd be a great mon to build around.

Offense or Balance

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Here's my nomination. CS Tyrantrum is incredibly common, and I feel like I very rarely see RP Tyrantrum on a well-built team. In theory this thing seems like a great Pokemon, as it can wallbreak early-game and/or clean late game depending on the MU. It also has a great set of resistances thanks to its interesting typing. Overall might be fun to build around.

Last edited:
Balance

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 192 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 26 Spe
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest/Protect
- Sleep Talk/Heal Bell

Flying resist and electric inmunnity, Lanturn is able to beat ground types which would be able to stop Volt-Switch with its Water's STAB. Nice Special wall in a tier with a low amount of them. 26IVs gives slow Volt-Switch vs Fatfish

Last edited:

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Magneton (Magneton) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Mega Steelix is a total menace, if you can't touch it, you really can't do anything. This is one of the most foolproof ways of handling that monster, and it still can be effective in other situations as well. It has decent bulk, and scares out other annoying pokemon (looking at you ugly fat pink fish). Once steel pokemon are out of the way, you can abuse mons that appreciate that, such as flying spam, esca, diancie, etc. Fun stuff

Balance/Bulky Offense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)