Project Community Create a Team (Week 7: Final Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
flygon

spdef flygon has good deffensive synergy with audino while mantaining momentum which is appreciated on a bulky offensive team, it defogs for aero and u-turns to get the team's wallbreaker in(i assume theres gonna be one)

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Last chance for any last minute nominations, also going to take the time to say this new rule that a person can only win twice during the first 6 six weeks. This is just to prevent half the team being built by one person. You will stillbe able to suggest changes for weeks 7-8 so don't worry about that

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Voting for Flygon

It makes the most sense for hazard removal and will be up essentially every slate after this, tho I really dislike defensive flygon. I think voting for it now when we have a relatively small, imo relatively uninteresting slate will open up options later.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
The winner is
Diogo's Flygon
you may start nominating again!
Diogo can not nominate anymore pokemon for the next 3 weeks, but thank you for doing sooo. You can still vote if this isn't clear.

Last edited:

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Any Fight STAB would clean the field from Steel and Rock types who resist Aero's STABs and threads Audino, as well as switching in on Iron Tail Absol. Thick Fat would be the reason to use Yama over any other fight mon as right now the team packs many ice weakness.Mono-fight typing would allow Yama to take Sneasel better

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
we have

mega audino, aerodactyl, and flygon at the moment.

We need a
1) solid wall breaker
2) something enjoys Healing Wish
3) possibly something that appreciates the luring surf does.

I feel like hariyama wouldn't really fit simply because
1) defensive flygon + hariyama is just dumb
2) we need a wincon
3) doesnt help with meloetta issue

With this in mind, I chose:

oathkeeper (Drapion) (M) @ Lum Berry / Shuca Burry / Dread Plate
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
We do need the help of something that can crush walls and also maybe sweep games, so...

Samurott @ Lum Berry / Splash Plate
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

SD Samurott can help break down walls such as Alomomola for the other teammates while also adding solid win condition + priority revenge killer to the team. It also enjoys Flygon's being immune to Electric type moves and Healing Wish. The only drawback is that we may have a problem with Poliwrath.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Not expecting this thing to win but...

Malamar @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Psycho Cut

This gives us a win con that can 1v1 Scarf Tyrantrum. It appreciates the help from Mega Audino being able to lure in Escalivier and Durant and can healing wish this up if the Chesto Berry gets used up / Knocked Off. It is a solid wallbreaker and also deals with Meloetta pretty good. The EV spread is stolen from the dex.

Also I would like to make this clear that we should try to keep everything as limited as possible. I would appreciate it if we strayed away from slashes. You can still mention these as we can go back and look at them for weeks 7 and 8 but when the complete team is finished we should know what we have to work with rather than these are the options to work with. I hope that made sense.
tl;dr: try to stay away from slashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)