Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

@Blue_Tornado: Can I ask you questions about my role to you outside the thread, or does everything I ask have to be public?

@everyone: If you lynch me I will be forced to rand my ability, and since I want the village to win, that is probably a bad idea.

@Announcer: Please claim, it helps nobody if you get me lynched except the mafia. Come to think of it, you probably are mafia since what you're doing is a retarded idea for a village announcer to do.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps the inspector has a built-in announcer role? It seems plausible, given that Blue_Tornado seems to want the village to have a fighting chance.

On the flipside, it could be scum announcer lying, though shinyskarmory could very well be mafia. For someone as reasonably active as him, his posts don't actually really say anything, and as Jalmont said he's now baiting the announcer, which is pointless if announcer is scum and a death warrant if announcer is village, since as I said announcer could be some sort of inspector.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I agree; The announcer is obviously a question-asker based announcement.

##Vote Cereza

Quick to off him just for the fun of it, eh? That's so scummy.

Well, that solidifies an argument I was thinking of:

I suspect Orcinus Duo is scum. Unfortunately, I can't link to lots and lots of posts as I'm on a phone with next to no charge. However, I think there is suffiecient reason. Namely, he was on of the first to start the Walrein wagon, which I've mentioned as being scummy from the beginning. However, he was a user who merely support the wagon and didn't often post lots of logic to back it up. Additionally, he went waaaaaaaaaay overboard when reacting to my scum theory. And then what?

The scum kills a member of the trio I lumped him with, possibly because he knew it would clean him, and let him continue to be active and misguide the village. When I was reading through the thread, I was rather surprised of how he could bandwagon anything Jalmont said and post a lot without contributing anything. And then given how much he overreacted to someone suggesting that he might be scum, and the Paperblade kill, I hold Orcinus as one of the strongest possible lunches we could make.

The ShinySkarmory thing shouldn't be taken at face value, but he was fairly scummy before that, so it might be real.

And Vintagebooks and Cereza:

If you don't make a real post, I will regard both of you as scum. Be warned.

Another thought:

When reading back over day one, it struck me how much DaLetterEl overreacted to the Itchini lynch, pushing everyone to "take all there voted off now." The posts seemed really panicked, and if he hadn't been pushing blame on Darkpenguin I would suspect him as scum. If there is a hidden faction, which there probably isn't , I would suspect him. It could also be split mafia, which I suspect.

When reading back over day one, it struck me how much DaLetterEl overreacted to the Itchini lynch, pushing everyone to "take all there voted off now." The posts seemed really panicked, and if he hadn't been pushing blame on Darkpenguin I would suspect him as scum. If there is a hidden faction, which there probably isn't , I would suspect him. It could also be split mafia, which I suspect.
yeah i agree what was dle thinking, i cant believe he wanted to lynch someone that was part of the mafia

could users: Vintage Books, Aura Guardian, Walrein, and capefeather please explain why they did not support a Darkpenguin67 lynch?

i would also like an explanation from the people who voted pokemonrocks777 on why on earth they thought that was a good idea.

my current scumlist (or "shitlist" whatever you prefer)
capefeather
Aura Guardian
rediamond/shinyskarmory
Walrein
darkpenguin67

with darkpenguin being dead obviously

I don't have much in-depth to say, though there are a few things.

1) Ok, Da Letter El. I was wrong about you. Also, nice one.
2) I would have voted Darkpenguin as I said I would if the vote hadn't been decided by someone else applying the hammer a few minutes before I would have. Just saying in advance.
3) If a villager targeted me last night, please mention that... I want to know which side has that power role.
4) I still think Itchni is mafia.

##vote Itchni

For now, anyway.

*reads Jalmont's post*

Ok, the reason I did not go against Darkpenguin until the end, at which point I was sort of ninja'd (since I gave a time I was going to apply the hammer vote, and since the rules prohibit talking after majority) is because I thought Itchni was a better target. And because what DLE did smacked of mafia trying to save his buddy, though that one has been disproven (esp. since Back-up was probably a very important role if it didn't have any restrictions on what it could back up - don't know for sure about this, though). That last one is why I didn't pay much attention to DLE's logic until it was irrelevant.

My interpretation on Aura Guardian and my defense with last night update:

I think That Aura Guardian is village. Even though he has been the most adamant person about getting me lynched. I honestly believe that he honestly believes that i am mafia but I have proof that i am not

Why would Dale and Paper blade (who can been proven as villager) risk themselves for arguably the most suspicious person (myself). DP didn't have nearly as much attention as I did and I believe if he had not been accused by dale he would have slipped under the radar. This almost proves my innocence. Not because DP was mafia, but because Paperblade wasn't. If they were mafia they would just let me die to keep their innocence.

Today's lynch could be used to either confirm or discredit the announcer (and after thinking some more, i highly doubt that the announcer is good, therefore making this a bad option), lynch a suspicious person (Orcinus Duo, Capefeather, Vintage books) or lynch an inactive person (Vintage books)

Wait, I just realized that my continued suspicion of Itchni is very faulty (and, if I'm reading into what Itchni posted correctly, for a reason that Itchni did NOT mention). I just remembered one of the reasons why I started being anti-Darkpenguin... how DP tried to hammervote Itchni, but was foiled be a previous unvote. If a Higher-up tried to hammer him, then it probably means Itchni isn't mafia.

##Unvote

I still count Itchni as somewhat suspicious, but not nearly at the lynch him stage, given what DP tried to pull.

And Vintagebooks and Cereza:

If you don't make a real post, I will regard both of you as scum. Be warned.
So you are going to assume I am Scum simply due to the fact that I was away for the first few days this thread was open, and since i have gotten back i have had to work two nights in a row (and I work again tonight) and as a result I haven't had a chance to make a 'real' post.

Reasoning behind not changing votes: Well main reason was that I was in bed when the final votes happened so I never got a chance to. But I really did believe Itchni was more scum than DarkPenguin. Neither were confirmed scum, and I just went with my gut instinct on who to leave my vote on.

Ampharos

could users: Vintage Books, Aura Guardian, Walrein, and capefeather please explain why they did not support a Darkpenguin67 lynch?
I voted itchni because at the time he had been the more suspicious of the two. Then Darkpenguin made his dumbass hammer attempt and I changed my vote as soon as I saw that.

tl;dr i did support a dp lynch ?_?

Still not entirely back yet, got stuff to do still. When I finish it I'll read through the thread more closely.

Ampharos

Wait, I just realized that my continued suspicion of Itchni is very faulty (and, if I'm reading into what Itchni posted correctly, for a reason that Itchni did NOT mention). I just remembered one of the reasons why I started being anti-Darkpenguin... how DP tried to hammervote Itchni, but was foiled be a previous unvote. If a Higher-up tried to hammer him, then it probably means Itchni isn't mafia.

##Unvote

I still count Itchni as somewhat suspicious, but not nearly at the lynch him stage, given what DP tried to pull.
Just noticed this post, and I'd like to point out that it could have been a bus to take the heat off of whichever one of them didn't get lynched (planned to be DP, but would up being Itchni). Definitely not definitive, but a possibility.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
@shinyskarmory, three things. 1, do you believe that the role that targetted you is an inspection or an announcer? 2, why should the town given the evidence against you believe that you specifically are not mafia? 3, what sort of a read do you have on rediamond? Please explain it, if possible.

@Orcinus Duo it probably just sucks to post on vacation in Bangkok or whatever, but still, I'd love to see your smiling face posting again! Two other things. 1, what is your take on the shinyskarmory situation? 2, why did you support an itchni lynch day 1 over a dp67 one, given your prior insistence on not lynching someone active day 1?

@Itchni Do you believe that the role that targeted shinyskarmory is an announcer or an inspector? Why?

@All

I have evidence of another role which is similar to this. I can confirm the existence of a neighbor role (someone who creates a quicktopic for the two of you to talk during a night cycle)

Given the above,

1. How many inspection roles do you believe that the town has? Why?
2. How many easily proven roles that don't do much, such as UllarWarlord's, the role I can confirm exists, and a possible announcer, do you believe are allied with the village? Could there possibly be more?
3. If the role that targeted shinyskarmory is just an announcer, should these three roles all exist, do you believe that they all would be allied with the village, or would at least one be mafia?
4. Do you believe it is more likely that the role that targeted shinyskarmory is an inspection or an announcement? Why?
5. Less of a question but, I would appreciate if everyone in the town at least tried to make a read similar to what I did with dp67. Even if you aren't sure what to look for, try to do so is the best way to learn. Look for inconsistencies. Don't be afraid to be wrong. If you just let me lead lynches every day, we're in a much worse position than if everyone is contributing.

I will post a more thorough read on someone after a game of LoL if you want an example.

Da Letter El

I was panicking due to the deadline and due to the circumstances of the lynch. I didn't think I'd be able to change the lynch in time. I argued with bt about how short day 1 was and wanted it to be at least 2 days longer. (obviously bt cannot confirm or deny this; I don't think saying this breaks the rules though). I also was generally unhappy with how the town was playing prior to me just admittedly bullying everyone into voting dp67. I also felt as though the game was likely being led by the mafia at that point, and I was very afraid of losing a power role on day 1.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you have questions or comments for specific people, to somehow bold or make it obvious that you're trying to ask someone something. It makes it easier on everyone, since most people don't remember each and every post, but WILL remember seeing their name in bold.

Anyway, I want to try to post up a read on Orcinus Duo, because his play has particularly bothered me. Next post.

Da Letter El

Ok so what I'm going to show you is the long way of doing it. See what Itchni did for Paperblade for what I sort of generally expect from a person doing a read on another person. I'll do the short way in a bit on someone else for a good example of that. Want to do the long way on Orcinus because my gut was yelling scum from the Itchni lynch. I like being thorough when I'm listening to my gut.

BEWARE WALL OF TEXT

OK let's be productive here
Please answer the following questions
1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
3). What do you think game setup is?
4). Bank account and pin?
Icebreakers. His answers to them are fine. First question could be seen as role fishing though. Not necessarily scummy, but is a bit anti-town in that knowing a PR helps the mafia more than it does help the village. Third could be seen as mafia fishing to see if there might be evidence of a neutral. That's a stretch though.

Stuff with aura guardian happens with lists for like 5 posts. Orcinus Duo overreacts a bit, but given it's just getting out of random vote stage, that's understandable. Pro-town to try to get something started, although his way of doing it is poorly executed.

So you should do that coolking

And itchni and Jalmont because they're lurking this thread

Also, additional question: How should the detective use their night action?

I would definitely encourage them to use their abilities on the inactives. There is almost other no way to find an inactive scum when there are multiple inactive townies, and this is the case in many smogon NOCs.
Mostly null, slight scum on the inspection part. Mafia can often say nothing, but they're more likely to be "active lurkers" than full-on lurkers. Also could just be seen as just a philosophy difference, because the advice can seem reasonable.

I don't know who to rage at, coolking for encouraging answering surveys and then not doing so himself (yeah I agree that was defensive), or Jalmont and itchni for being dicks, or Paperblade for not saying anything. Seriously guys we have 48 hours. That's nothing. Start giving villy something to go on please.

Haha Paperblade ninja. I don't think voting red is a good way to go. If you're going by useless "I want to talk about something else but I'm not going to talk about it", might as well vote coolking.

I think lynching an active on day one isn't a good way to go. There's not much information to go on, and so I don't believe in the success rate of such a vote. I'd rather lynch an inactive, and let the actives give us more information to make a more informed lynch later on in the game.
Not lynching an active, got it. I agree with this for the most part. The thing about Rediamond is something to keep in mind but isn't particularly scummy. The pseudo-pressure on coolking is justified from his prior post, but he doesn't seem sold on a coolking lynch for some reason. Slight inconsistency, but not something to call scummy.

Oh ok then

##Unvote
##Lynch Itchni

NOC is based on analyzing social behavior. If you're not going to make an effort to make sure town trusts you, then I don't actually think you're worth keeping around. Might as well test our 'luck' with you.
Reasonable. Itchni was being unhelpful at this point.

Ok actually
Since itchni isn't going to give us anything to go on because he's playing this game by luck, I opt that detective investigates him tonight, and we pressure, as jalmont's said, Walrein or dp67

Itchni wanting to lynch a vanilla today is ridiculous. Why don't you volunteer then?
Role fishingggggggggggggggggg

Mentions pressuring dp67 and walrein. He NEVER goes on to pressure dp67 ever. We know how dp67 flipped. Scummy by association.

Yeah ok
##Unvote
##Vote Walrein

Encouraging wagon

Would also like to call out Cereza
Got pressure on walrein to get off his ass and post. Pro-town. Calls out Cereza without actually saying anything. Null to slightly scum. Null because context helps, and cereza wasnt really doing a whole lot, so there wasn't much to say about what she had already said. Slightly scum because it still is kind of just floated out there nonchalantly.

Is voting PokemonRocks for stupidity a valid reason
lol

Ok now I'm tired thanks to posting this the long way. I'll look at the rest later.

ATM nothing too awful stands out, but there is some slightly scum leaning stuff so far.

I don't have much in-depth to say, though there are a few things.
3) If a villager targeted me last night, please mention that... I want to know which side has that power role.
I'm not sure how this is a good idea. You want a power role to claim?

Anyways, to the news of the day. I have no idea what to think. And inspector role which reveals results to the public would be broken beyond belief. It would end up a game of luck to see if the mafia could rand the inspect first. A question asker with the same revelation of the answer is basically the same thing with more utility. I would expect an announcer / q. asker to just have yes or no posted in the thread. Otherwise, more realistically, it could be a one time ability, which someone used now. It also could be neighbors, like DLE said, or some quirk in a role or 2. Or it could be mafia's announcer. You have to ask yourself why the mafia would target Shiny Skarmory, though, over someone who was suspicious during day 1, like Walrein, pokerocks, etc. (and right now I have no idea who to suspect...)

I say we lynch him, at least we'll be able to know if we can trust the anouncer or not
There are two explanations I can think of for such a straightforward post. Cereza knows something, and I'd bet is involved in the announcement, somehow.

I'm going to go through Shiny Skarmory's posts and try to get a read, since clearly he's the man of the hour.

well lets see do i wanna claim or get killed or just be silent...

I pick door #3 oh and my vote for now is
##Vote ShinySkarmory
almost ninja'd. please make you next post make sense, and have a logical conclusion. I'm not sure if this is just being dumb, having no idea whats going on and how this works, or being scummy. I'm going to pick door 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)