Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

@ pokemonrocks: the difference between "or" and "and" is significant. Saying that the mafia will kill you if you claim is as bad as claiming, though if anyone is going to be a martyr (not the mafia meaning, the English meaning)... Also, I'm sure plenty of people would be killed if they revealed their roles. That doesn't mean they stay silent. they just don't claim. Unless you are the inspector and found mafia, try to read people and don't bother about either of the other 3 (2?) options on your list.

other stuff:
I'll start with the first point. First, darkpenguin hasn't posted anything substantial, you're right, but maybe that's because he hasn't checked the thread. I didn't post until page 4 because I was sleeping during pages 1 through 3. If Darkpenguin is in an unfavorable time zone/was caught away from his computer, then it's still within the realm of possibility that he is just unable to post for whatever reason. If we get to, say, 12 hours before deadline and he hasn't posted, then we should switch to him or ask for him to be subbed.

Until then, though, our best option is to vote Walrein. He has been somewhat quiet considering he's a veteran mafia player, and he would be a perfect choice (as an experienced player) to be in the mafia. The more votes are on him. the more pressure there is for him to produce some kind of explanation for why he hasn't posted anything substantial.

And the reason I haven't posted anything big up until this point was because I was asleep for the first 3 pages, and then I only had time for one post (and the double post with my vote) before I left for the day. In fact, pretty much every day during the week, I'll be unable to post from 9 to 3. Now that I'm back, I should be able to pay better attention and be more active.
I guess hindsite is 20/20, since obviously you we're on the wrong side of things here, defending an eventual mafia member and then attacking someone else (who is still suspicious, granted). Then again, no one knew what to do at that point so its fair enough. Slightly scummy. I can empathize with you about the bad time zones, however.

This.

##Unvote
##Vote Pokemonrocks

Worst case scenario, Blue_Tornado in his infinite hosting wisdom gives Pokemonrocks a power role and we lose it. Best case scenario, Pokemonrocks is mafia and we kill one off while raising the IQ of this thread by a few dozen points. Most likely scenario, Pokemonrocks is vanillager and we lose nothing, since the odds of us lynching successfully on day one are next to zero anyways when we have nothing to go on.
The only thing more annoying than someone meta-ing you, is someone assuming the host meta'd you. Obviously a mafia member would want us to lynch a villager, even if useless. I feel like Pkrcks in just a dumb villager, but at the same time, I understand the sentiment. This was also right after the Walrein bandwagon ended so we didn't exactly have a suspect, and pkrcks is a pretty easy guy to attack. slightly scummy again.

why does everyone accuse me of being inactive when i'm sleeping

people do sleep you know

##Unvote

##Vote DarkPenguin
Jumping on the bandwagon of someone he earlier defended, just before the lynch is kinda scummy, but then again, opinions change over the course of a game.

Whatever that announcement is, it is a lie.

But there's no way for me to prove it since I have no intention of revealing my awesome role to the public, and it's an NOC game.

So believe what you want. But the best case scenario for all of us is for you to not lynch me, since that announcement is obviously a lie. Consider the following:

Why would a village announcer announce someone as being mafia without proof? There's no real reason to: either they hit correctly (which is extremely unlikely) or they hit incorrectly, which gets a villager lynched.

Why would a mafia announcer announce someone as being mafia without proof?
This is much more likely in my mind, because the mafia knows who is in the mafia and can get a villager lynched.

Why am I a better target then any of our previous scum suspects? You guys can probably answer this better then me, given that you've been playing mafia longer then I have and you have a better read on people's playstyles.
Fair enough, in terms of defense, but do you really have to reveal that you have a power role?

@Blue_Tornado: Can I ask you questions about my role to you outside the thread, or does everything I ask have to be public?

@everyone: If you lynch me I will be forced to rand my ability, and since I want the village to win, that is probably a bad idea.

@Announcer: Please claim, it helps nobody if you get me lynched except the mafia. Come to think of it, you probably are mafia since what you're doing is a retarded idea for a village announcer to do.
day vig, huh? I'm guessing one shot. I'm all for secrecy, but since its clear that either you are mafia or the mafia wants you dead, and you claim to have a destructive power role, can you tell us if it is the day vig or not, and if so, prove it on a player which we reach a consensus on? Don't do it yet, however, since others may have differing opinions on claiming, especially so early.

##Vote Riven

too OP
I missed something here. Who is riven?

And for the record, if you are inspector and didn't find mafia, don't claim. "And" is the important word in the sentence: Unless you are the inspector and found mafia, try to read people and don't bother about either of the other 3 (2?) options on your list.

I've got a bit more time now...

@Vintage Books:

It's not that lurking=scum. It's that people who are quiet are hard to read and give the village no information. This is hard to do if you never make a serious, justified read on another user. If I have nothing to go on, I will be forced to assume you have something to hide, or do not wish to draw attention to yourself. Same goes for Cereza.

@shinyskarmory, three things. 1, do you believe that the role that targetted you is an inspection or an announcer?

I believe the role that targeted me is an announcer, because of the "booming voice from the back of the room" flavor. If it was an inspector, the flavor would probably be something like a note on a bulletin board or something.

2, why should the town given the evidence against you believe that you specifically are not mafia?

Really, there's no way I can think of within the rules to prove to you that I am not mafia. So the question is, do YOU trust ME? My role could be very helpful to us as a team, and I can use it during the day, but a lynch on me will force me to rand it, and I really need a good target.

Lynching me is a waste of the villages time.

3, what sort of a read do you have on rediamond? Please explain it, if possible.

Rediamond seems legit to me. I may be wrong, because I'm used to IRL mafia where you're sitting next to someone and you try to listen for them lifting their head when mafia are called, but nothing about his posts makes me feel like he's scum.

1. How many inspection roles do you believe that the town has? Why?

I believe the town has one inspect, because in a 17 player game there's no real reason to have more and it's good to keep the number of roles in NOC down.

2. How many easily proven roles that don't do much, such as UllarWarlord's, the role I can confirm exists, and a possible announcer, do you believe are allied with the village? Could there possibly be more?

I think that all of these roles exist except for the "neighbor" one. Why would he put in an outside communication role in an NOC game?

Additionally, the only way DLE could know about this role is that either A. he IS this role, B. he was told about it outside the thread, meaning that he will be godkilled, or C. the role targeted him last night.

3. If the role that targeted shinyskarmory is just an announcer, should these three roles all exist, do you believe that they all would be allied with the village, or would at least one be mafia?

I think that the Announcer is mafia, given that in a previous post that I made I said that there is no incentive for them to grab a random name and declare it mafia.

4. Do you believe it is more likely that the role that targeted shinyskarmory is an inspection or an announcement? Why?

This is a trust game. I am the only one with proof that I am not mafia, but thanks to the rules I am not allowed to prove my innocence. So the question is this: do you trust me?

On the topic of whether it's an inspection or an announcement, I believe it to be an announcement, as I stated earlier, because a sane inspector would have had me come up as village and there's no reason to put an insane/paranoid inspector in the village just to fuck us over. My best bet is that it's a mafia announcer.

5. Less of a question but, I would appreciate if everyone in the town at least tried to make a read similar to what I did with dp67. Even if you aren't sure what to look for, try to do so is the best way to learn. Look for inconsistencies. Don't be afraid to be wrong. If you just let me lead lynches every day, we're in a much worse position than if everyone is contributing.

OK.
I am going to the gym until noon EST in a few minutes, DO NOT LYNCH ME WHILE I'M GONE.

@CoolKing: Riven is not in this game, it was a troll post. Suffice to say that Riven is the most enraging character in League of Legends.

And I see no reason to reveal exactly what my role is unless you guys decide to lynch me.

I don't think there will be any less than one and no more than two. If one, I can easily see a back-up role, though. If two, I can see the inspectors being twins. Anything else would be mostly unbalanced. Unless, of course, we have one public inspector and that wasn't just an announcement. One inspector would be just about right.
2. How many easily proven roles that don't do much, such as UllarWarlord's, the role I can confirm exists, and a possible announcer, do you believe are allied with the village? Could there possibly be more?
Since that's 3 you listed, assuming all of those are true, probably 5-6. I know 4 for a fact. And that's not even counting the power role that targeted me last night. Since, upon reflection and reading coolking's post, I'm retracting my request for that person to claim, I can name the role itself if you want. However, I just (after contemplating question 3) realized that I was misreading the question. I think that the announcer role is MAFIA and ShinySkarkmory is either mafia trying to be cleaned with some psychological stunt or villager who the mafia is trying to kill with a more straightforward stunt. Either that, or the "announcer" is actually a public inspector (I also modified my answer to question one after reading quesstion 3) and thus does not count.
3. If the role that targeted shinyskarmory is just an announcer, should these three roles all exist, do you believe that they all would be allied with the village, or would at least one be mafia?
Agh, my head's started hurting... OK, I'm NOT SURE AT ALL that this role is allied with the village UNLESS it is a Nostradamus role or a public inspector. If it's a public inspector, then yes, all are village. If it is an announcer, no way it's village. So, no in that contingency.
4. Do you believe it is more likely that the role that targeted shinyskarmory is an inspection or an announcement? Why?
Eh... if I had to choose, I'd say inspection. Also, we got a good lynch to start with, and I have had a few suspicions of shinyskarmory for a while (not much, though with me realizing Itchni is probably innocent, shinyskarmory is near the top of my list), so I would be down for a shinyskarmory lynch today.
5. Less of a question but, I would appreciate if everyone in the town at least tried to make a read similar to what I did with dp67. Even if you aren't sure what to look for, try to do so is the best way to learn. Look for inconsistencies. Don't be afraid to be wrong. If you just let me lead lynches every day, we're in a much worse position than if everyone is contributing.
Sure, later today, though.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Hello

I am in bangkok for an academic decathalon and copiuos amounts of partying

i have had 5 hours of sleep in the last tow nights and a competition tomorrow

i will post in ETA 12 hours?

Oh and i never defended dp. i believe what i said at the time was that it was suspicious how dp was singled out while other users weren't. i think, taking into account the information given at the time, that was a valid accusation

also today's lynch is basically decided but let's not end it yet. also for good measure, lynch shinyskarmory

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
@Orcinus Duo it probably just sucks to post on vacation in Bangkok or whatever, but still, I'd love to see your smiling face posting again! Two other things. 1, what is your take on the shinyskarmory situation? 2, why did you support an itchni lynch day 1 over a dp67 one, given your prior insistence on not lynching someone active day 1?

I CAN DO THIS
shinyskarmory is scum, really not much to say. Other than the possibility of an insane dectective, which i sort of doubt. But then again i've not seen many smogon NOC games
I gave my reasons for the itchni lynch. And a walrein lynch. And a pr777 lynch. I /believe/ the itchni lynch was because itchni was using a scummy defense of "NOC is luck etc etc" which I believe and continue to believe is a get-out-of-scummy-posts-free card. Also, I failed to see any constructive posts by Itchni and if anyone could point them out that'll be nice.

I am open to questions for 15 more minutes

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
oh yeah somebody mentioned that i drove the bandwagons yesterday except dp

actually, i just have strong opinions that i like to drive home on day 1 to promote discussion. I started all of the bandwagons i believe to some extent, and that's not scummy. it's only scummy when you hop on bandwagons without saying much else to try and go with the flow and fly under the radar

and then i was on the plane when dp happened so

haha that sounded weird

bangkok

noob od use the proper voting action

i honestly fail to see how the announcement is conclusive in any way. we could probably argue for hours on what it means. i think the better approach would be to wait a day and see what the announcement says tomorrow

that being said anyone who votes for pokemonrocks is either mafia or extremely misguided so...

i will post later with who i think we should lynch today because i am going to provide IN-DEPTH COMmENTAry

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I suspect Orcinus Duo is scum. Unfortunately, I can't link to lots and lots of posts as I'm on a phone with next to no charge. However, I think there is suffiecient reason. Namely, he was on of the first to start the Walrein wagon, which I've mentioned as being scummy from the beginning. However, he was a user who merely support the wagon and didn't often post lots of logic to back it up. Additionally, he went waaaaaaaaaay overboard when reacting to my scum theory. And then what?

The scum kills a member of the trio I lumped him with, possibly because he knew it would clean him, and let him continue to be active and misguide the village. When I was reading through the thread, I was rather surprised of how he could bandwagon anything Jalmont said and post a lot without contributing anything. And then given how much he overreacted to someone suggesting that he might be scum, and the Paperblade kill, I hold Orcinus as one of the strongest possible lunches we could make.

nope sorry
This isnt getting us anywhere. Can we squash Walrein with a wagon because he's been lurking?
how many votes were on walrein before that
oh yeah zero

how'd i go overboard reacting to your scum theory?

Full stop. I agreed with Jalmont /once/ on Walrein. At least that I noticed.

You know what your incrimations are so vague just do a post by post please

Also, i still suspect itchni for reasons listed, but shinyskarmory is the way to go today

##nerf irelia
hahaha

I'm back now, looks like people want to trust the announcer. AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE, THE ANNOUNCER IS EITHER MAFIA OR RETARDED (and if it's pokemonrocks, it could be both).

PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE!

WHEN YOU TYPE IN THE FIRST #, think about how obvious it is that the announcer is mafia and messing with you.

WHEN YOU TYPE IN THE SECOND #, think about how if it is a public inspector, he is not sane and scum for not inspecting one of our key figures.

You won't even make it to the S. Why?

Because the only "evidence" against me is the announcer who clearly is either mafia or a complete derp.

Paperblade D:

Like I said, I wasn't sure if the darkpenguin67 lynch was going to go through, and my main goal was to lynch someone. I literally was not around between then and deadline. That's not my fault, especially when it was BEFORE the failed hammer.

I would answer the questions but since real life has forced me to linger on the forums for about 100 minutes I guess I'm just going to make myself look more scummy by doing it. Not that I'd have much of use to say about the questions. I'm very much a man of facts.

Maybe once I get SOME TIME TO MYSELF I'll manage to get a read on someone or whatever it is you people want.

@Itchni Do you believe that the role that targeted shinyskarmory is an announcer or an inspector? Why?
At first I really really thought that it was an inspect. Now the more I think about it I think its just a mafia trying to get a kill out of a fairly useless ability. Jumping on this lynch this early in this game could be bad.

@All

I have evidence of another role which is similar to this. I can confirm the existence of a neighbor role (someone who creates a quicktopic for the two of you to talk during a night cycle)

Given the above,

2 would be wayy to OP for this game. I do believe a copy role is viable. So i will say 2 with only 1 up at a time.

2. How many easily proven roles that don't do much, such as UllarWarlord's, the role I can confirm exists, and a possible announcer, do you believe are allied with the village? Could there possibly be more? Useless roles are rarely useless, just more impactful on the psychological part of the game rather than the physical mechanics of the game. I really can't guess but I would guess at 2

I believe at least 1 of them is allied with the mafia. Giving the mafia a communication rule when they already can communicate is stupid. We already know the harmless child role is village. That leaves the announcer as mafia

Announcement

5. Less of a question but, I would appreciate if everyone in the town at least tried to make a read similar to what I did with dp67. Even if you aren't sure what to look for, try to do so is the best way to learn. Look for inconsistencies. Don't be afraid to be wrong. If you just let me lead lynches every day, we're in a much worse position than if everyone is contributing. I will do this later on.

Also can we please use formatting that makes it clear whether you're quoting something or saying something yourself? It would also be great if people kept using full usernames to make it easier to Ctrl+F people. It's getting incredibly frustrating to read this thread. If I get any more pissed off than I already am, I might just actually play like scum to piss other people off and screw everyone over and piss people off more.

Analysis of Capefeather, 8 posts.
1: Will force a tie due to not believing any speculation. This was later mentioned by our host as NOT able to block a random VT lynch.
2: corrects prior misbelief, votes pokemonrocks. Says that lynching malice = good, lynching incompetence = not much loss, justification for vote, it seems.
3: early one to hop on the Itchni wagon. Apologizes for inactivity, as it's first non-troll NOC. This should probably be remembered: "I sometimes blunder when I talk even if I am townie."
4: huge analysis post. Speaks against scanning for lurkers (esp. by Inspector). Says that lynching someone specific is better than a random VT lynch. Casts small amount of suspicion on Orcinus Duo, Aura Guardian, and Jalmont for bandwagon starting, but mentions we had an argument and just happened to convince people at the time. Says Orcinus Duo went overboard against Rediamond's suggestion of the mafia teams. I sort of agree, but not much.
5: apologizes for more inactivity (B2W2)
6: the Darkpenguin thing: was not online at deadline, so not his fault, esp. since he didn't see the failed hammer until too late.
7: comments on lack of correct quote formatting and usage of full usernames to make searching for info easier.
8: not much value

Overall: meh. Either way. No read.

Upcoming: shinyskarmory read.

Analysis of shinyskarmory, 14 posts.
1: answers Orcinus Duo's survey, says middle of coward and bold is best, trolls for the setup question.
2: votes No Lynch, which is invalid.
3: is voted by Rediamond, then votes Walrein, hopping on an almost finished wagon.
4: defends Darkpenguin's inactivity early on. Encourages voting Walrein to pressure him to talk. Mentions being asleep for the first few pages.
5: hops on Orcinus Duo's vote for Pokemonrocks under either lynching a mafia or raising our collective IQ. I sympathize with the latter.
6: Is middle person to vote Darkpenguin. Neither early to vote, nor hopping on at the end.
7: Repudiates announcment as false. Says only mafia announcer would make that.
8: passing mention of a troll post by Jalmont.
9: Insinuates having an active power that can be used by day, but WHY WOULD HE BE "FORCED" TO RAND IT? CAN'T HE IDLE IT IF HE REALLY HAS IT? He also asks the announcer to claim.
10: troll post
11: Answers Da Letter El's questions. Also defends Rediamond slightly.
12: explains troll post, will not reveal power role unless we start lynching him.
13: Votes Pokemonrocks
14: Makes a "please think before voting me" post of no other value, gives some minor reason which hinges on announcement being an announcer and not a public inspect.

My read: Mafia, but DO NOT VOTE.

My reasoning for this is that we can wait to vote him off until day 3. This way, we can narrow down what the role is. If this role is a nostradamus, then what is stopping it from saying "My previous statement was false/true AND USER is ALLIANCE?" We would effectively have a delayed inspect. If we had to choose someone to lynch though, I'd want to know if we can trust the voice. BUT, not quite yet... I think shinyskarmory should be spared today, but not much longer than that.

9: Insinuates having an active power that can be used by day, but WHY WOULD HE BE "FORCED" TO RAND IT? CAN'T HE IDLE IT IF HE REALLY HAS IT? He also asks the announcer to claim.

The only reason I would rand my ability is if I was about to die or if I have a target. Also, in retrospect asking the announcer to claim was a retarded idea, but in my defense, I was (and still am) scared of being instavoted.

My read: Mafia, but DO NOT VOTE.

Believe what you want, but I am not mafia and there is no point in lynching me.

My reasoning for this is that we can wait to vote him off until day 3. This way, we can narrow down what the role is. If this role is a nostradamus, then what is stopping it from saying "My previous statement was false/true AND USER is ALLIANCE?" We would effectively have a delayed inspect. If we had to choose someone to lynch though, I'd want to know if we can trust the voice. BUT, not quite yet... I think shinyskarmory should be spared today, but not much longer than that.
Also, someone posted earlier in the thread that this is a mafia psychological trick. If I was in the mafia, why would the mafia risk one of their precious few members just to clean me, when all cleaning does in NOC is save the person from being lynched for a day or two?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)