Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

Ullar is obviously town. If he is mafia with a role that confirms himself as village to everyone, then this game is fucked and I'll bitch at billy for approving it.
After reading some of the recent posts, I'm more sure that he's town than I was when I answered the questionaire. I hadn't thought about the extra-brokenness of a public mole in NOC.
<Snip>

Why would there be a wolf in this game? My win condition implies there are no wolves in this game.
Mine makes no mention of wolves, but if there were one, do you think our PMs would tell us that? I'm not so sure, though if there's only one kill each night, I'll discard that possibility, I guess.
"I think we should stop talking about these specific users and talk about other specific users instead, but I won't specify which other users."
???
Well, there are plenty of options, and he did sort of specify the idling ones. It isn't exactly hard to figure out which he was talking about.
Inactives gonna inactive, if they don't post enough they will be subbed/modkilled. If they post enough to not fall into the former category yet we still feel they're not contributing, they're probably lurkscum. Besides, what is there to say? "God pokemonrocks post more!" Wow, that's useful discussion.
Well, we can try to make some of them post. It might help, and can't truly hurt. Also, this is the first day. That means that making people post probably will be useful, so I agree with him.

You argued that he didn't specify which users to talk about, then talked about the inactives he mentioned, which he mentioned only twice, one time of which was the group he suggested we talk about.

Orcinus, the good thing about NOC mafia is that because there is no village leader, there is no need at all to make you trust me. NOC is about luck, BG not being completely retarded, and a vocal inspector. NOC isn't nearly as much of a social manipulation or psychology game as it is a game based on luck. Your questionnaire is stupid. It does nothing .

As we can't talk at night I may as well propose the strategy we must take to win. Inspectors should only reveal if they are an inspector if they can either save a villager from being lynched or if they have found a mafian. We can check if they are right based on their results, or we can sacrifice their results to check. BG's should protect random targets at night until we find our inspector(s) I honestly don't think there will be too many other roles out there that will really matter in this game. Like seriously, if you are a hooker you probably shouldn't hook anyone because if you hook our bg or inspect it would really suck for us.

This is actually fairly standard NOC stuff. But who knows how experienced people are with NOC.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Oh ok then

##Unvote
##Lynch Itchni

NOC is based on analyzing social behavior. If you're not going to make an effort to make sure town trusts you, then I don't actually think you're worth keeping around. Might as well test our 'luck' with you.

@AG: uhh I picked PR because he was the first person on the playerlist and had no posts

other inactives include: capefeather, darkpenguin, vintage books, shinyskarmory, manav95

and that's just people with no posts, people who just popped in to say GLHF would add dle and Walrein to that list

That's like half the game

Also tbh if there was a wolf I would assume some sort of vague "You win if all threats are eliminated" sort of wincondition which could imply just mafia or mafia and wolf or what have you.

alsoalso

noc = luck mentality is terrible

You are literally assuming that people are capable of 100% emulating their town play when playing as scum despite having a conflicting motive and extra information, because otherwise there are discrepancies to analyze.

If you want a game that's entirely luck, might I recommend Assassins in the Palace?

hey orcinus if i was mafia i would answer your survey replying with the same old generic response as everyone else

but i am not mafia so i am not going to waste my time and everyones space doing so

also guys remember no editing your posts!!!

For lynches, I would be interested in rolling Walrein or darkpenguin67 for actively viewing the thread and not posting. i think dp was scared off by AG's response following his gl post and walrein is just walrein.

Orcinus, the good thing about NOC mafia is that because there is no village leader, there is no need at all to make you trust me. NOC is about luck, BG not being completely retarded, and a vocal inspector. NOC isn't nearly as much of a social manipulation or psychology game as it is a game based on luck. Your questionnaire is stupid. It does nothing .

As we can't talk at night I may as well propose the strategy we must take to win. Inspectors should only reveal if they are an inspector if they can either save a villager from being lynched or if they have found a mafian. We can check if they are right based on their results, or we can sacrifice their results to check. BG's should protect random targets at night until we find our inspector(s) I honestly don't think there will be too many other roles out there that will really matter in this game. Like seriously, if you are a hooker you probably shouldn't hook anyone because if you hook our bg or inspect it would really suck for us.

This is actually fairly standard NOC stuff. But who knows how experienced people are with NOC.
Why would the inspector claim if he could save a townie? That would be sacrificing himself, a power role, to save someone who isn't. Yes, it means the village has 2 people less to lynch off, but, really, that trade probably isn't worth it. Inspector should claim when they think they should, but not unless they are about to be lynched and/or have found a mafia, no matter what the circumstances, I think.

Please note that I am not saying when the inspect should claim other than when the inspector thinks it best. I'm only saying when the inspector should not claim (before finding a mafia, if not about to be lynched).
By the way it might be useful to just not reach majority and lynch a vanilla townie. It would be very very detrimental to lose an inspect or BG on day 1.
17 players. I don't remember the source, but a lynch when there are an odd number of players remaining is actually in our best interests. I'll let you know if I find it.
Oh ok then

##Unvote
##Lynch Itchni

NOC is based on analyzing social behavior. If you're not going to make an effort to make sure town trusts you, then I don't actually think you're worth keeping around. Might as well test our 'luck' with you.
Correct format is ##Vote and not ##Lynch. Just mentioning.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Ok actually
Since itchni isn't going to give us anything to go on because he's playing this game by luck, I opt that detective investigates him tonight, and we pressure, as jalmont's said, Walrein or dp67

Itchni wanting to lynch a vanilla today is ridiculous. Why don't you volunteer then?

Ok actually
Since itchni isn't going to give us anything to go on because he's playing this game by luck, I opt that detective investigates him tonight, and we pressure, as jalmont's said, Walrein or dp67

Itchni wanting to lynch a vanilla today is ridiculous. Why don't you volunteer then?
NOC is much more luck based than other mafia games. I will still try to analyse people but right now with little actual action other than people just getting angry at each other for no reason.

Well, I just caught up to this thread due to being away. Moonrise Kingdom is a pretty cool movie. I'm not really convinced by any of this speculation, so I'm going to vote to try to force a tie if nothing else comes up. Right now, that would mean voting Aura Guardian or Itchni to balance out Rediamond, but I'll hold back my vote for now.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Jalmont: PR, Walrein, Ullar
Itchni: Orcinus, Aura Guardian
Rediamond: Paperblade, Cereza
Manav95: DLE
Orcinus: Jalmont
Aura Guardian: Itchni

This isnt getting us anywhere. Can we squash Walrein with a wagon because he's been lurking?

Votecount 1.2

Walrein (0): Paperblade
Rediamond (2): Cereza Paperblade
Itchni (2): Aura Guardian Orcinus Duo
Aura Guardian (1): Itchni Orcinus Duo
Orcinus Duo (1): Jalmont
manav95 (1): Da Letter El
Jalmont (2): Walrein pokemonrocks777
shinyskarmory (0): Orcinus Duo

Not Voting (8): capefeather Darkpenguin67 Vintage Books coolking49 shinyskarmory UllarWarlord Rediamond manav95

With 17 players it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is in 40 hours and 35 minutes.

Clarification Time!

All of the votes have been processed, but it'll be easier for everyone if some of you stick to the vote/unvote format.
Well, I just caught up to this thread due to being away. Moonrise Kingdom is a pretty cool movie. I'm not really convinced by any of this speculation, so I'm going to vote to try to force a tie if nothing else comes up. Right now, that would mean voting Aura Guardian or Itchni to balance out Rediamond, but I'll hold back my vote for now.
If there's a tie, there's mo majority. If there's no majority, a random Vanilla Town gets lynched.
Don't care how many scum there are, BT is announcing mylo/lylo and if he never does then that means we win since we're killing the bad guys.
You get LYLO/MYLO when one/two more town losses means you're done.

##Unvote
##Vote Walrein

if walrein does come up with something "coherent" then i think dp67 is a reasonable lynch target for today just for generally being quiet whlie active.

i am choosing to ignore pokemonrocks###'s vote as i believe he does not know what he is doing

i hope to see a post from vintage books sometime soon!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I don't really like joining bandwagons speacilly when there's so little info. Either way I'll ##unvote cause I have nothing to back up my vote with

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
##unvote

I had a really good post written up then i accidentally hit refresh, so due to my laziness i will paraphrase.

OK let's be productive here
Please answer the following questions
1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
3). What do you think game setup is?
4). Bank account and pin?
1). Bold for sure. I will be playing rather aggressively.
2). Confirmed clean is nice for us, but I wouldn't be surprised if the mafia off him n1.
3). 15 village with a mayor or 16 village with no mayor and 4-5 mafia. I agree with paperblade regarding the possibility of a wolf.
4). no

Ullar try to not get killed

I don't find lists scummy unless the list maker sounds like they're trying to hard to sound village.

##vote DP67 callin you out bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)