Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

Originally Posted by Fat Orcinus Duo
OK let's be productive here
Please answer the following questions
1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
3). What do you think game setup is?
4). Bank account and pin?
1. It is better to be bold. Mafia scum have to be more cautious or else they will get lynched.
2. It makes one person that we can trust. All the villagers can rally around him and make him an unofficial leader.
3. Probably 10-12 workers. rest are higher-ups. Workers have some bodyguards and inspectors while mafia has some type of silencer or kidnapper.
4.account #1920 at bank 100, PIN 1902.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
NOC is much more luck based than other mafia games. I will still try to analyse people but right now with little actual action other than people just getting angry at each other for no reason.
I just noticed this post and I'd like to say that this is incredibly retarded. How in God's name is NOC more luck based than a 25 man OC game which usually has night roles flying around every which way?

It's true that right now we don't have much to go on, but that's why it's important that we talk to each other and try to force someone into making a slip.

paperblade can go fuck himself

Votecount 1.3 calls for quickwagons and mass unvotes oh my

Walrein (4): Paperblade Jalmont Orcinus Duo manav95 Paperblade
Itchni (1): Aura Guardian Orcinus Duo manav95
manav95 (1): Da Letter El
Darkpenguin67 (1): Walrein
Rediamond (0): Cereza Paperblade
Aura Guardian (0): Itchni Orcinus Duo
Orcinus Duo (0): Jalmont
Jalmont (0): Walrein pokemonrocks777
shinyskarmory (0): Orcinus Duo

Not Voting (10): capefeather Darkpenguin67 Vintage Books coolking49 shinyskarmory UllarWarlord Rediamond Cereza Itchni pokemonrocks777

With 17 players it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is in 36 hours and 47 minutes.

Remember the format, people. It's not my fault if I accidentally miss votes because they weren't bolded!

For anyone who called me defensive, I usually am, sorry.

I'm not gonna vote yet because, although I agree that we should vote out Walrein, we should also use all the time we have each day before so we can get more info about everyone else. The difference between lynching everyone in 1.5 days and lynching everyone in 2.5, by the time its day 6, is 6 days worth of posts, which is significant when scum hunting. So FoS: walrein, but no vote until tomorrow, so we dont hit majority yet.

As for the survey (no excuses for not doing it, just a mind lapse).

1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
I'm probably in the minority when I say that I am more cautious. The question itself is directing you towards saying bold (who wants to call themselves a coward?), but I prefer to get all the information and am terrible at pressuring people into telling me things. I understand this is normally found scummy, (which is probably why I got lynched every single game on mafia scum) but its true. However, you do need some of both people. Both the unrelenting people who will get people to make scum tells, and the people who can look back and pick out the little things later on, when everyone has made their stance clear.
It really is a blessing for us, because now, not only is one person confirmed, but it also creates all kinds of mind games for the mafia (and more unfortunetly, the BG), since now they have to weigh attacking a known innocent (who wont get lynched) who could be BG'd, vs a random townie who could be lynched the next day. The BG, knowing the mafia could think like this, could protect someone else, but then the mafia, assuming that, etc. Basically it gives us more info and the mafia a lower chance of hitting their target.

Since we have no info on that, and based on how empty our role PMs are, you'd have to guess that there are very few actual roles, and quite a few Vanillas. Probably 12/5, since 11/6 only gives us 2 mislynches the whole game, and that's, well, pretty likely to happen. 13/4, on the other hand, gives us 4 mislynches. If we get that many and still win, we are lucky out of our minds.

My pin number changes with my post count daily. My number changes based on the amount of money in the bank, which is sent to my phone via text every morning. Even if I gave it to you it'd be useless.

I have been away I get back to regular activity tomorrow so sorry about being inactive no lynch for now then I think (or what er the no vote thing is, sorry I haven't had a chance to read whole thread)

Crap, this game started while I was sleeping >_>

1. I think it's better to be in the middle, as in my IRL experience talking too little or too much will get you killed.
2. Well, there's usually more vanilla roles in NOC then usual, so no complaint there.
3. I think the game is 1 Village, 1 Mafia.
4. 010011110100110101000111

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
You can't go No Lynch on D1, guys...

Anyway, through my looks at the thread...I have no suspects. So much for me being appointed 'villy clean leader'. I'm probably gonna get offed in the randlynch or n1 anyway, so...

yeah

I'll certainly try not to get killed. ._.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Even though I'm proven inno, might as well answer:

1. Bold, definitely, but I'll probably pussy out. I'll try to gain some courage though...
2. I think it's fucking stupid that he picked me to be this role.
3. No clue, brah. After my performance in the last NOC, I won't make any guesses.
4. ERROR ERROR ERROR

Strange of them to call a meeting at this hour, you think. An announcement, perhaps?

"Uhm, we'd like to have a word with Mr. manav95..."

Minutes later and he is ejected from the side room, crying like a wee lad. He must've been fired! You shudder to think of why they would fire someone so recklessly. Thankfully, you don't have to think too much, as a note has been conveniently left with an explanation:
7. You may not talk to anyone about this game outside of the game thread.
manav95 was a Worker, Vanilla Town.

Votecount 1.4 asks for you maggots to read the damn rules

Walrein (3): Paperblade Jalmont Orcinus Duo Paperblade
Itchni (1): Aura Guardian Orcinus Duo manav95
Darkpenguin67 (1): Walrein
shinyskarmory (1): Orcinus Duo Rediamond
Rediamond (0): Cereza Paperblade
Aura Guardian (0): Itchni Orcinus Duo
Orcinus Duo (0): Jalmont
Jalmont (0): Walrein pokemonrocks777

Not Voting (10): capefeather Darkpenguin67 Vintage Books coolking49 shinyskarmory UllarWarlord Cereza Itchni pokemonrocks777 Da Letter El

With 16 players it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is in 31 hours and 18 minutes.

I want to point out that we're revolting, and we shouldn't care if we're fired. That's like George Washington saying "We are free! oh, you don't agree and want me to leave your territory? ok then"

Also, Manav, wtf did you THINK NOC meant? Dont answer that until the postgame, or i'd be godkilled too.

1). Bold for sure. I will be playing rather aggressively.
3). 15 village with a mayor or 16 village with no mayor and 4-5 mafia. I agree with paperblade regarding the possibility of a wolf.
I see two problems. One, you have not been very aggressive. Two, ... What? 15-16 village and 4-5 mafia? This is a 17 player game, not 19-21.

##Unvote
##Vote Walrein

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)