1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Complete Horror (Peaked #248)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Ewil, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ewil

Ewil

Introduction

With the new drops from the OU and being bored of the OU situation, i've decided to built my first UU team and it start to have pretty success in the ladder. But now that i'm a little high then the normal i'm starting to notice some weak point in this team and i want you to suggest me some good improvements.
    Basically i wanna try the new toy that UU have like Chandelure, Machamp and Alakazam.

Team at a Glance

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Team Analysis

[​IMG]

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Scald
    - Grass Knot
    - Roar

Empoleon is a damn good special wall and my stealth rock setupper. The EVs and nature are obviusly for optimize his special wall role, scald have 30% to burn the target, so if it can burn (never happen to me 'coz i'm very unlucky) i can a more advantage on my opponent, since i don't any status inducer move in my team (should i ? that's another question). Grass knot is obviusly for take care of the ground/water mons that try to wall my empoleon. Roar is for phazing and when even the spikes are out it can be very useful.

[​IMG]

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Spikes
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Roserade is my spikes setupper and second special wall. The combination of rest+Natural Cure provides a reliable recovery at the cost of the switch. Giga drain is STAB and for a partial recovery, HP Fire is for coverage.

[​IMG]

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit

Heracross is a good revenge killer and a pseudo-status absorber, after weaking some counters with hazards he can score many KOs. Megahorn is choosen for STAB and high power against psy mons, CC is the main STAB, Stone Edge is a simple Filler and Pursuit can wreck psy/ghost pokes in the switch, most famous: Zam, Mis and Victini.

[​IMG]

Chandelure (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is the SUB+3 attacks special side of the team, it's very effective and can provides a lot of trouble in to the opponent's team, thanks to his damn good SPA. IDK if HP fight is the right choice or if Grass can be better, but if i get a FF boost, chandelure starts the rampage, stopped only by very bulky special wall and fastest pokes.

[​IMG]

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Grass Knot

LO Magic Guard Alakazam is a complete beast. He's one of the fastest pokemon in the tier and one that have 135 SPA that coupled with LO go high and high. The obvius disvantage is that Zam have paper-like defenses and is susceptible to the scarf mons and the priority attackers. He's a good late game sweeper and with the help of the hazards he can open severl holes in the opponent's team.

[​IMG]

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 152 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin

Donphan is my spinner and a pretty good physical sweeper. The EV's are given to be bulky and aggressive at the same time, but if you have a better EV spread for raise defense an let it be a good attacker at the same time, it's well accepted. Earthquake is the main STAB, Rapid Spin is what i choose Donphan, Stone age is for the famous EdgeQuake coverage and Ice shard is for priority.
    The problem with Donphan is that he's affected by the hazards before he can get rid of them with rapid spin, and i'm considering the option to change him with a more effective spinner like Claydol (but clay have a lot of bad weakness but it can provide me a ground immunity wich i lack).

Conclusion

Hope you like my team and can suggest to me some good improvements, especially for the role of spinner and for a good ground immunity since i don't have one.
  2. Ewil

Ewil

Bump ! need suggestion to get higher, c'mon guys :D
  3. That Noob

That Noob

If you want a spinner and a good ground immunity, use Claydol. Claydol is a great defensive spinner and a ground immunity thanks to Levitate.
    also, quick thing peaking #248 on ou ladder is bad, peaking #248 on uu ladder is downright terrible.
  4. Ewil

Ewil

Yep, i know, i don't have much time to play, but i want to build a good team for when i have more time to ladder.
    Any specific spread for clay ? Maybe a more defensive one can be useful since i have 2 special wall
  5. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Your team seems okay, but you really don't have the power to outright sweep, nor the power to stall your opponent to death.

My recomendations,

Switch Giga Drain on Roserade for sleep powder and switch hidden power fire for leaf storm. Sleep powder will give you a free turn, which is deadly if you can take atdvantage of it. Leaf storm is your sole attacking move because Roserade shouldn't be sweeping and can afford to go without the extra coverage.

After you sleep someone, you need a method of taking atdvantage of it, I recomend Darmanitan, specifically this one,

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Flare Blitz
    - Rock Slide
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Scarf Darmanitan is an absolute monster in UU. If you can't set up an Alakazam sweep, eliminate all the water/rock types and have Darmanitan wreck his way through everything. Preferably you should replace Hera for Darm and then replace Chandy for something (two fire types is a bit redundant). This would give you the spot to put your flying immunity/rapid spinner in. As That Noob said, give Claydol a go, with propper ev investment, you can get around 300 hp/300 Def/300 SDef.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)