Completed 2v2 Singles match! Engineer Pikachu vs. Rolf (Ref: Tortferngatr)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones:
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault;
And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it.
Here, under leav-"

Wait a minute. Hmm. I appear to have gotten out the wrong script. Hang on...ah, here it is.

"Welcome, one and all Smogonites, to today’s CAP ASB match! Today's match is a 2v2 singles battle between Engineer Pikachu's Dratini (Qing Long,) his Syclar (Frozo,) and Rolf's Togepi (Mist,) and his Ferroseed (Boyd)!"

"I, Tortferngatr, have the honor of being your ref today. Here are the rules the contestants have selected:"

Umm I'm seeking a battle too I guess.

2v2 Singles
DQ Time : 3 days
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

Arena: Mountain Peak
At the summit of a mountain, frigid wind currents sweep across the ground (no hail, just wind). The ground itself is not covered in ice, but it is hard enough that it is near impossible to dig through. The land-size of the arena is medium, a rough circle with an approximate ten-foot radius. Going out of the arena results in falling into cold water about five feet deep, as most of the mountain is underground. Going even further out results in being swept away by the currents (aka dying, but your Pokeball allows you to bring it back into the Pokeball). Oh, and there are two large oak trees gathered in the middle, but no berries.
I accept.
Switch = KO, all abilities, no items
"And here are the contestants:"

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Nature: Naive (A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +5% flat increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 Accuracy becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks, Special Defense reduced by *)

Type: Ice / Bug
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon. (Glalie/Froslass line, Regice, Baibanira line, and Furijio ONLY: immunity to Sheer Cold, removal of Boiling water's Burn effect, and 50% reduction in burn chance from Fire moves.)
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats: 40 / 76 / 35 / 74 / 34 / 91

HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: ***
SpD: * (-)
Spe: 105 (91 x 1.15) (+)

Evolution Counter: 0 / 4
Move Counter: 0
Dream Counter: 0

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks:
Leer (*)
Leech Life (*)
Ice Shard (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Slash (*)
Icy Wind (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Icicle Spear (*)
Scratch (*)

Earth Power (*)
Water Pulse (*)
Tail Glow (*)

Blizzard (*)
Acrobat (*)
Rock Slide (*)

Dratini* (Qing Long) (M)
Nature: Mild (Special Attack increased by *, Defense reduced by *)

Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Stats: 41 / 64 / 45 / 50 / 50 / 50

Def: * (-)
SpA: *** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 50

Evolution Counter: 0 / 6
Move Counter: 0
Dream Counter: 0

Abilities:
Shed Skin:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW Locked):
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the damage received from physical attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
Wrap (*)
Leer (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Twister (*)
Dragon Rage (*)
Slam (*)
Agility (*)

ExtremeSpeed (*)
Aqua Jet (*)
Dragon Pulse (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Thunderbolt (*)
Fire Blast (*)

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Nature: Careful (Attack reduced by *; Special Defense increased by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Togepi
Atk: *(-1)
Def: ****
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 20

EC: 0/6
MC: 0/4
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the base damage of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Serene Grace: (Innate) This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)
Super Luck (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.

Attacks:
Growl(*)
Charm(*)
Metronome(*)
Sweet Kiss(*)
Yawn(*)
Encore(*)
AncientPower(*)
Follow Me(*)
Gift Pass(*)
Nasty Plot(*)
Morning Sun(*)
Extrasensory(*)
Psycho Shock(*)
Incinerate(*)
Thunder Wave(*)

Dratini(*) Haar (M)
Nature: Brave (Attack is increased by *; A 15% decrease in Base Speed and a -5% flat increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks.)

Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Stats:
Dratini
Atk: ****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 43

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the damage received from physical attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
Wrap(*)
Leer(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Twister(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Slam(*)
Agility(*)
Outrage

Dragon Dance(*)
Extremespeed(*)
Dragon Rush(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Incinerate(*)
Surf(*)

"Here's the order things are going to go in,"

Round 1 said:
1. Engineer Pikachu sends out his Pokemon
2. Rolf responds by sending out a Pokemon of his own, and saying what actions it's taking this round
3. Engineer Pikachu responds with his own actions for the round
4. I come in and see what happens.
Even-Numbered Rounds after Round 1 said:
5. Engineer Pikachu sends his actions
6. Rolf responds with his own actions
7. I again come in and see what happens.
Odd-Numbered Rounds after Round 1 said:
8. Rolf sends in his actions
9. Engineer Pikachu responds with his own actions
10. I yet again come in and see what happens.
Whoever has the last standing Pokemon wins.

"And here's the pre-battle shout."

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

engineer Pika that's your cue to send out whichever mon you're going to use.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol sorry I was a bit busy today before this.

Aaaanyway, I send out Frozo the Syclar!

also minor nitpick Qing Long has no "u" in it.

I send out mist. Lead with thunder wave to slow it down. After, use sweet kiss to confuse it off and possibly send it into the frigid water. Follow with a serene grace exteasensory.

If the first thunder wave doesn't hit and a non-attacking move is used, encore it then thunder wave.

Thunderwave-sweet kiss-extrasensory or if twave misses and a non-attacking move is used, encore-thunderwave.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
hmf.

OK Frozo, since you're incredibly zippy and the Togepi is slow as heck, let the Thunder Wave hit you while you use Tail Glow. Since you'll still outspeed it when paralyzed, attack with a Blizzard (96% acc yay) before it can Encore you. If you're not Encored, use Earth Power in front of the Togepi to deal damage and push it back (into the water hopefully). Otherwise, you have no choice but to Blizzard (push it into the water again hopefully).

Round 1

Both sides send out their Pokemon-let's see which ones they've sent out.

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Nature: Naive (A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +5% flat increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 Accuracy becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks, Special Defense reduced by *)
Abilities: CompoundEyes/Mountaineer
Energy: 100
Boosts: N/A
Other: 2 recovers/5 chills left

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Nature: Bold (Attack reduced by *; Defense increased by *)
Abilities:
Serene Grace/Hustle
Stats:
Other: 2 recovers/5 chills left

Hmm! An interesting matchup, Syclar versus Togepi. Syclar easily outspeeds Togepi, rapidly engaging in a Tail Glow. As the lights dance from Syclar's icy tail end, Togepi sends out a wave of thunder. The tiny shocks are enough for Syclar to be paralysed; but even then Syclar is the faster of the two-sending out a mighty BLIZZARD! As tauren, protoss and minions of Baal rush at Toge-

Wait a minute. Wrong Blizzard. Oops. Syclar sends a howling Blizzard straight at Togepi, who doesn't have time to dodge! Togepi happily and serenely walks right through the storm, blissfully enjoying the cold air-however, her Serene Grace backfires on her, and the snow chunks harden into ice on her body! It looks like she's frozen!

Syclar follows up the assault with an Earth Power. Thankfully, Togepi's special defense doesn't drop, though the reverberations through the ice do not make Togepi feel good. However, Togepi still somehow manages to use Extrasensory from within the icy cage-after all, it's a mental attack. Syclar is knocked back by the assault and into the water-just as Togepi is knocked in from the Earth Power!

Seems like the trainers are going to have to do some quick thinking to get their Pokemon out before the current gets too strong!

End results of Round 1:

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Abilities: CompoundEyes (innate)/Mountaineer (innate)
HP: 82
Energy: 76
Boosts: +2 Special Attack
Other: 25% Paralysis

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Serene Grace (innate)/Hustle (can be activated)
Stats:
HP: 57
Energy: 87
Other: 2 recovers/5 chills left, Frozen

Your turn, Engineer Pikachu!

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, I thought I still had +2 Sp.A (y/n?)...

OK, you did well, Frozo. However, you have to get out of the water. Use Acrobat to leap out of the water and onto the tundra; aim to land by the oak trees if possible, since they mark the center of the arena.

Next, use an Earth Power right in front of Mist to push it further out into the water (if it didn't make it out quite yet) or to push it back into the water (if it did make it out). Hopefully it'll create a current that pushes everything out and away.

Lastly, just chill if Togepi is still out in the water and it doesn't look like it'll come back in time for the round to end. Otherwise, use Blizzard to push it back even more!

Oops. Fixed, Frozo now has +2 Special Attack. (BTW: your Togepi's nature isn't careful, it's bold-Careful is -Sp. A, +Sp. D, you have -attack +defense.)

Okay Mist, we're in a fix. Our short legs and weird body shape makes it hard to swim, and we are trapped in a cage of ice, free to float around wherever the water takes us. Lead with soaking in some Morning Sun to melt the ice surrounding you as well as healing yourself.

After that, I'm going to need you to get yourself to shore before you drown - you can't be knocked out too far yet, as I can't imagine Earth Power having that much effect while you're in the water. Turn towards the land, then use this chance to intensely Psycho Shock the water behind you, throwing you back onto dry land, ultimately landing behind Frozo. Between paralysis, flying water, and surprise, you should be able to crack an Ancientpower off before Frozo has another chance to summon a Blizzard.

Morning Sun ~ Evasive Psycho Shock ~ Ancientpower'

EDIT: Thanks for finding that, the team in registration is edited. I think I originally wanted it Careful but then decided I wanted Bold when I got to stats and forgot to go back up and change it.

Round 2

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Energy: 76
Boosts: +2 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 57
Energy: 87
Other: 2 recovers/5 chills left, Frozen

We're back! Going into the next round, it looks like both parties are in a bit of a bind-both of them are in the water, struggling to get out! Syclar gets out first, launching into the air like an Acrobat despite its paralysis! A mild shock yoinks him in midair, preventing it from reaching the oak tree-but Syclar's in a prime position to use Earth Power at Togepi anyway! Shortly after launching the energy wave, Syclar cools the water on his body down and absorbs it into his body. It was nice to be an ice-type.

I sense a battle.

Togepi, meanwhile, is struggling. She isn't exactly feeling too good-she's frozen and being swept off by the current. She turns her eyes skyward and absorbs heat and light-the power melts through the ice, with the leftover power generated from the Morning Sun restoring its health! No longer encumbered by the ice, Togepi is suddenly knocked from the water by a burst of earth mingled with water-Syclar's Earth Power barely did anything coming from five feet beneath the waves, but there was enough power (not to mention a rather serenely graceful Togepi) to trigger a slight decrease in focus for Togepi-its Special Defense fell!

She doesn't seem down for the count yet, however, because split seconds after this a ball of golden light appeared as though it were formed from the thoughts of a truly pure mind. The ball explodes in a pulse of electric waves-a Psycho Shock-and pushes Togepi over and behind Syclar-right in time for Togepi to get off an AncientPower! Content that she's behind Syclar, she charges up a ball of light with prehistoric power...

And where there is a battle, there is prey...

Yet despite Syclar's paralysis, seeing Togepi rocket over him, and having a small amount of flying water get in his eyes, he nonetheless feels every organ in its body tell him to move over, and fast-his mountaineer instincts are showing, and Syclar puts them to good effect, dodging the AncientPower like a pro and turning to face Togepi! Nevertheless, Togepi is spared from facing a harsh Blizzard-Syclar seems like it's been hit with a joy buzzer! Either way, it's paralyzed for that turn-something Togepi finds itself very grateful for.

...Meanwhile, a strange shape comes flying in from the distance...it seems like a Mandibuzz has flown in from the distance, sensing the smells of battle-and she's willing to hover over to see if she shouldn't accelerate matters...

End Results: Round 2

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
Energy: 59
Boosts: +1 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 70
Atk: *(-)
Def: ****(+)
Energy: 62
Other: 1 recovers/5 chills left

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
HP: 110
Spe: 80
Attacks: ???

And thus, I do something crazy and shake the match up. Mandibuzz will swoop down at the third turn of each round and use an attack against whatever battler she thinks is currently the weakest. You can try attacking her then-just realize that directly involving her in the fight could easily backfire in your face, given the fact she's a pretty strong defender and you aren't exactly in its weight class. Perhaps she'll go away on her own if the fight doesn't progress.

Turn order is unaffected. Rolf, your turn!

Weee okay well, serene grace only works for my moves, not his? Or have I been wrong about this for years?

Anyways...
Mist, we just got uggh'd. Lets start off by using incinerate on the little guy. Before i was afraid the water might have been too much for the flames, but now were home free!

This vulture will be tailing us now battle, so we've got to watch out for it too. Or do we? Mist, use Follow Me and then chill on the third action. Being an egg isn't such a disadvantage now! We can pass ourself off as this birds egg and gain protection for a short while. Follow me should attract some positive attention, then chilling makes us still as well as gaining a much needed rest. Hopefully a buggy snack is left for the birdy :)

If buggy tries to create a blizzard to scare the bird away or such, direct incinerate at the blizzard instead of the buggy. The bird should be our friend here! Follow me should keep the bird attentive enough even after other scare tactics.
Incinerate - follow me - chill

EDIT: I didn't change anything in the original post. I just want to clarify that Incinerate should not be used on any action other than the first, since I reread this post and it could be interpreted that way. It should only be used on the first action if buggy were to use Blizzard. Otherwise, follow through with the original plan.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
OK Syclar, you're going to have some exercise to do; make sure you don't get paralyzed :p

An arc of fire is going to be coming your way in a second. That's obviously not good for you. Run to the oak trees such that the trees block the path between you and Togepi. That should make it much harder for the flames to hit you, since oak trees take a long time to burn :D Next, just chill by the trees if the fire looks like it won't reach you by the end of the round. Otherwise, back a little further away and chill. Lastly, send another Blizzard flying at the Togepi. Vultures like weak food. Vultures like eggs. Vultures like scavenging in the frozen tundra. That should be enough to keep the Mandibuzz away from you.

run to the oak trees to dodge fire ~ chill (move away if necessary) ~ BLIZZARD

Round 3

Rolf: I looked it up and you're right, my bad. (I always thought it worked like No Guard-both this Pokemon's attacks and the enemy's attacks having an equally doubled chance of secondary effects) I'll just say Syclar got lucky in both cases.

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
Energy: 59
Boosts: +1 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 70
Energy: 62
Other: 1 recovers/5 chills left

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
HP: 110
Attacks: ???

"By the way folks-I'm pretty sure Mandibuzz is part condor-AKA why somebody would find it in the mountains. But that isn't important. Staying on its good side, however, IS important!"

"Anyways, Togepi starts off the match by using Incinerate! It generates a little hot fire, throwing it at Syclar. It's no use, however-Syclar barely managed to hide behind the oak tree, which intercepts the flame with its fire-resistant bark. It fizzles out and dies-as Syclar chills off and restores energy, Togepi uses Follow Me! The dance draws Mandibuzz's attention-but Syclar, hiding behind the tree, is unaffected by the dance. Mandibuzz is unfooled by Togepi-Vullaby eggs are dark gray-and tucks into a Brave Bird! Togepi, flustered by the assault, chills to regain energy-leaving it open to a Blizzard from Syclar! The attack hits both Togepi and Mandibuzz-the latter in particular finding it painful to bear. Mandibuzz launches an Air Slash at Syclar quickly out of retaliation, before flying back above the battlefield, continuing to observe the fight from afar."

"Togepi is starting to visibly show signs of being tired-it's starting to pant. Syclar, meanwhile, is licking its wounds from the Air Slash it's received. Either way-time for Engineer Pikachu to send his next orders!"

End results of Round 3:

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
HP: 65
Energy: 69
Other: 25% Paralysis, 2 recovers/4 chills left

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 44
Energy: 72
Other: 1 recovers/4 chills left

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
HP: 88
Energy: 88
Attacks: Brave Bird, Air Slash, ???

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
OK that thing is evil.

Frozo, I want you to take out that Togepi as soon as you can. Continue to hide behind the tree and Tail Glow up again. If Togepi circles around to catch you unawares, circle around with him so the trees are between you and Tail Glow.

Next, use Blizzard to dish some heavy damage to Togepi. If it tries to shoot flames at you or it looks like it's charging up fire to hit the Blizzard, use an Earth Power to knock it away from the center and towards the water (hopefully TG boosted Earth Power can knock it a fair distance into the water).

Lastly, your priority is to avoid the Barujiina since Togepi can't do much to you, barring a Mountaineer-surpassing AncientPower, which isn't likely to happen. If Barujiina tries to use any physical attack on you, use Acrobat to leap over it. If it uses a special move, just take it. If Togepi attempts to fire an AncientPower for the second time this round, use Water Pulse to push the boulders or whatever is summoned away from you. If neither of the above conditions are fulfilled, use Water Pulse on the Togepi to push it further into the water.

Okay mist, we can do this! Start off by heading over near buggy as he tail glows and encoring buggy so he can't attack you this turn. Then, charm Birujiina using your great looks. You're too cute to get attacked :) finish by using incinerate on buggy, now that he's exposed as he tail glows one more time.

If buggy is fully paralyzed in the first round, swap the order of charm and encore. If buggy is fully paralyzed in the second set also, go ahead and incinerate it.

Encore - charm - incinerate
If para once, charm - encore - incinerate
If para twice, charm - incinerate - incinerate

Round 4

By the way: Due to some issues, Engineer Pikachu will be out from the 23rd to the 25th. If his DQ times intersect that frame, they are extended until after he gets back.

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
HP: 65
Energy: 69

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 44
Energy: 72

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
Energy: 88
Attacks: Brave Bird, Air Slash, ???

"Looks like the spectators are making a lot of noise-" -ohwaitaminute, there aren't any spectators, and it looks like Togepi has just given Syclar, who has just Tail Glowed, a sweet Encore! Loving the support, Syclar can't help but Tail Glow a second time, as Togepi decides to use Charm at the skies above. Looking upwards with an expression that can only be rivaled by some breeds of toy dog (and trust me, I own one of those breeds), Mandibuzz can't really muster up the strength to use a physical attack against Togepi (after all, Togepi's so charming.) She does find herself capable of launching a Dark Pulse at Togepi from on high, however! Togepi, still feeling good from its raw Charm, figures out too late that Mandibuzz has probably defeated and eaten plenty of cute Pokemon and feels no compunction in defeating another (and probably doesn't want to eat the Syclar with the +6 Special Attack just yet.) Togepi is hit straight on by the blast of nasty thoughts.

Syclar, still feeling proud of himself, uses one last Tail Glow, maximizing its Special Attack!

Togepi, bugged that her attacks have backfired, Incinerates Syclar! The weak power of the attack is offset by the sheer weakness Syclar bears to fire. Realizing that Togepi is his enemy again, Syclar awaits his trainer's orders. Togepi also awaits her orders. Mandibuzz floats high above the field, waiting for the tides of battle to continue turning...

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
HP: 55
Energy: 45
Boosts: +6 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 34
Energy: 54

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
Energy: 83
Boosts: -2 Attack
Attacks: Brave Bird, Air Slash, Dark Pulse, ???

Rolf posts his actions next! (I recommend doing so soon so EP has time to respond.)

An all-female species with a motherly tendency to eggs doesn't respond to Charms, eggs, or attention? Blah.

Well the only thing left is to use Morning Sun again and try to weather these blows that'll be coming soon. If Frozo uses any non-attacking moves for any reason, encore them. Other than that, we'll pray for paralysis or a Blizzard miss and use incinerate twice!

Morning Sun - Incinerate - Incinerate
Encore if any non-attack moves are used

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, it's time to finish off the little egg so Mandibuzz can have her meal.

Summon a whirling Blizzard to deal heaaavy damage to the weak little egg and nullify its healing. Then, summon an Earth Power to push Togepi towards the edge of the water. Lastly, Water Pulse the Togepi further out into the water; hopefully Mandibuzz will attack Mist as well.

Yeah well we didn't even get a ref round in that time? Maybe he was waiting for you to come back or something, I dunno.

Round 5

I was indeed waiting for your vacation to be over.

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
HP: 55
Energy: 45
Boosts: +6 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 34
Energy: 54

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
Energy: 83
Boosts: -2 Attack

"Welcome back-and things are heading off to an icy start! Howling, freezing winds are appearing across the battlefield-all because Syclar has just unleashed a powerful Blizzard. The blizzard howls at Togepi-blowing it back as it simply looks calmly upward. She absorbs sunlight and Morning Sun-which negates most of the damage.

She cannot negate all of it, however. Next, she is forced to deal with an incoming Earth Power! Skymin is not with this young one today, as the surprising burst knocks her special defense down a notch. Nevertheless, Togepi struggles on, unleashing an incinerating blow at Syclar!"

Mandibuzz sees Togepi now-but a single swipe of her wing could knock it down now. It launches another Air Slash...but almost as though out of mercy, Togepi is spared. The attack seemed to be aimed at Syclar for whatever reason...but misses him barely. Syclar tries to fire a Water Pulse, but a residual shock yoinks it into full paralysis and the water dissipates. This lets Togepi fire another Incinerate attack at Syclar-putting both to a lower degree of health.

Both sides await their orders, as they raise their flanks heavily. It seems like Togepi in particular could expire at any minute. Mandibuzz circles overhead, wondering which one she should target as "lunch."

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
HP: 21
Energy: 31
Boosts: +5 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 11
Energy: 36
Boosts: -1 special defense
Other: No recovers/4 chills left

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
Energy: 78
Boosts: -1 Attack

Engineer Pikachu is up next!

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Umm... OK?

Frozo, you're going to win this unless you get... unlucky. Use Blizzard over and over again until it dies (since one blizzard kills the Togepi and the energy penalty doesn't apply to paralyzed attacks).

Round 6

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
HP: 21
Boosts: +5 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 11
Boosts: -1 special defense

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
Energy: 78
Boosts: -1 Attack

"And we're back! It doesn't seem as though there's much to consider, however, as Syclar simply fires its Blizzard off with paralysis being surprisingly non-interfering. Mandibuzz is looking down-a challenger has fallen. The +5 Syclar looks like too much of a threat for it, so it stays flying high in the atmosphere. It launches a Dark Pulse at Syclar-its point is to sap it down. Syclar fails to dodge, but it does survive."

Syclar* [Frozo] (M)
Stats:
HP: 8
Boosts: +4 Special Attack

Togepi(*) Mist (F)
Abilities:
Stats:
HP: 0

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying
Hardy-natured
Overcoat/Big Pecks
Energy: 75

"Rolf, send out your next Pokemon!"

Go, haar the dratini!

Finish this guy off with an Extremespeed! And if for some reason that doest KO do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)