[COMPLETED] Diggersby

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Offensive pressure is one of the best ways to force switches and Diggersby hits like a freaking truck and can thus force a lot of switches against slower Pokemon. With max HP and Lefties, it even has ok bulk and can take a couple neutral STAB hits or weak super effective moves, such as SpD Tyranitar's Crunch (36.89 - 43.58%), King's Shield Aegislash's Iron Head (40.9 - 48.39%), Timid Lefties Magnezone's Flash Cannon or Hidden Power Ice (43.85 - 51.87%), and Klefki's Foul Play (44.38 - 52.4%), which is also outsped and OHKOed by Earthquake while it can't paralyze you with Thunder Wave. Being a good check to Aegislash thanks to the HP investment, while also setting up Spikes against the few Pokemon that wall Diggersby, and even having room for U-turn is a great combo of qualities imo.

And it's not like offensive Spikes users are unheard of, with Pokemon such as Greninja and Roserade that usually set up Spikes on the switches they force thanks to their great offensive presence, not their ability to tank hits.

Last edited:
What are you guy's opinion on this:
A Speed Booster for Support, (possible Swords Dances) then toss to Diggersby!!! I made the set just to give Diggersby Speed to hit things first most of the time (which really helped me out)!

Diggersby @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Without any Baton Passes, this set can still be beneficial as a bulky attacker like azumarill, as long as Diggersby has an effective item, but with more weaknesses due to his typing. But I made this set cuz I wanted to test him out, and have him be use full on my team.

The item at the moment is pending, but this Baton Pass Receiver set has had some success for me. With the Speed Boosts (even without attack boosts), Diggersby with the moves I gave it so far did massive damage to everything not named Skarmory (or any other bulky physical wall). Unless if my math is wrong, Diggersby needs about x2.5 and up Speed to outspeed most common fast threats, and x3 Attack and up to OHKO most Pokemon in the metagame (+2 Attack will still hurt most pokemon, but x3 can really finish up the game). Skarmory and tough physical walls do need a couple of Swords Dance Support before doing damage to them. I only have Quick Attack to counter possible Talonflame Gale Wing's revenge kills after i have acquired enough speed boosts outspeed Talonflame!

Opinions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)