AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Hi Espeon.
QC APPROVALS: SOMALIA, Alexwolf, BKC

GP APPROVALS: Piikachuu~
[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Meowstic-M has access to Prankster, which makes it very useful in support roles and pairs well with its versatile movepool.</li>
<li>It has a good Speed stat which is just fast enough to outrun important threats.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>It has massive amount of competition as a Prankster user (with Klefki and Sableye) and a Psychic-type (with special attackers such as Gardevoir and Alakazam) to the point of being nearly outclassed.</li>
<li>All stats of its excluding Speed are average.</li>
<li>It has no reliable method of recovery.</li>
<li>Why aren't you using this thing in Doubles? All joking aside, it's actually incredible there.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>name: TrickScarf<br />
move 1: Trick<br />
move 2: Thunder Wave<br />
move 3: Toxic / Yawn<br />
move 4: Psychic / Psyshock<br />
ability: Prankster<br />
item: Choice Scarf<br />
nature: Bold / Modest<br />
evs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe</p>

<p>Meowstic-M can utilize the tried-and-true TrickScarf strategy, differentiating itself somewhat from currently available Prankster and Trick users without being outclassed. The purpose of this set is to disrupt momentum by swapping its Choice Scarf onto threats that won't appreciate having Choice Scarf, including walls and attackers that rely mainly on switching moves. With specific threats being locked into a bad move, sweepers can possibly set up with ease, so Meowstic-M should be used primarily on offensive teams. Prankster helps immensely in this strategy, as Trick always goes first, and Meowstic-M can thus always Trick its Choice Scarf onto a Pokemon that's otherwise too fast or threatening before fainting.</p>

<p>In addition to Tricking Pokemon (and preferably after doing so), Meowstic-M can further bother the opposing Pokemon with multiple status moves. Thunder Wave is essential as there are numerous fast threats in the metagame. Although Toxic and Yawn have different effects, they both debilitate threats so that offensive teammates can break through or set up on them later. A Psychic-type move is essential to deal damage in desperate situations and to avoid being Taunt bait. Assuming Meowstic-M still has a Choice Scarf, it can act as a bare check to Psychic-weak threats with either move so it doesn't have to use Thunder Wave, though it should be noted that, without offensive investment, these attacks will only do heavy damage and will likely not OHKO healthy targets.</p>

<p>To outrun all unboosted base 130 Speed Pokemon with a Choice Scarf, 76 Speed EVs are required, which also allows Meowstic-M to outrun Adamant Mamoswine naturally (so its priority moves go before Mamoswine's Ice Shard). 252 EVs are invested in HP and the rest go into either Defense or Special Attack with a Bold or Modest nature, respectively. Meowstic-M can also use Choice Specs with other attacking moves alongside Trick, although a set such like that isn't exactly easy to use, especially considering Meowstic-M's average offensive stats.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Meowstic-M does not have access to Taunt, so entry hazard users such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory can set up in front of it easily, while not minding paralysis much and only fearing being Tricked a Choice Scarf or being hit by Yawn. To this extent, all the Magic Bounce users also don't care about what Meowstic-M does to them aside from Trick, though one exception to this is Mega Absol, which is a perfect counter because of its immunity to Trick and Psychic-type moves. Meowstic-M also isn't bulky and doesn't have reliable recovery, so random forms of damage, including attacks, weather, and entry hazards, will take it down quickly. In desperate situations, Meowstic-M is walled hard by Dark- and Steel-types such as Tyranitar and Metagross, though in the process it might manage to get off a Thunder Wave or Yawn.</p>

Last edited:
You are not Uxie, you don't have great bulk, access to entry hazards and U-Turn to grab momentum so you shouldn't compare the two. I don't think this set is going to accomplish much; priority Trick is fine and all but you are too weak to be a threat offensively, lack any solid defense and have horrible typing. Too bad this thing does not get Stored power.

QC APPROVED 1/3

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
amcheck

a lot of comment-explained changes. The after-trick sentence was a bit unfortunate, but it was problematic, because not only was your sentence wrong, but pretty much any sentence with the first two parts would be wrong. And it's subtle, so you don't even notice it. (And who knows, maybe it's not even very wrong, but I'd say it is.)
[Pros]
Meowstic-M has access to Prankster, which makes it very useful in support roles, and pairs well with its versatile movepool.
It is naturally fast; just fast enough to outrun important threats such as Mega Kangaskhan and Garchomp.
[Cons]
It has massive amount of competition as a Prankster user (with Klefki and Sableye) and Psychic-type (with other generic bonafide special attackers such as Gardevoir and Alakazam) to the point of being nearly outclassed.
All stats excluding Speed are average.
It has no reliable method of recovery if it attempts to utilize supportive sets.
Why aren't you using this thing in Doubles?
[Set Recommendations]

[SET]
name: TrickScarf
move 1: Trick
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Toxic / Yawn
move 4: Psychic / Psyshock
ability: Prankster
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Bold / Modest
evs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe

<p>Meowstic-M can utilize the tried-and-true TrickScarf strategy, differentiating himself somewhat from currently available Prankster and Trick users without being outclassed. The purpose of this set is to disrupt momentum by swapping its Choice Scarf onto threats that won't appreciate having Choice Scarf, including walls and attackers and walls that rely mainly on switching moves. With specific threats being locked into a bad move, sweepers can possibly set up with little problemsease, so Meowstic-M should be used primarily on offensive teams. Prankster helps immensely in this strategy, as Trick always goes first, and Meowstic-M can thus always Trick its Scarf onto a threat that's otherwise too fast before dying.</p>

<p>In addition to Tricking Pokemon (and preferably after usdoing itso), Meowstic-M can further cripple parts of the opposing team by using aPokemon with the status moves of your choice. Thunder Wave is essential as there are numerous fast threats in the metagame, while the only other support move up for debate is Toxic and Yawn. Although Toxic and Yawn have different effects, they both debilitate threats so that offensive teammates can break through or set up on them later. A Psychic-type move is essential to deal damage in desperate situations and avoid being Taunt bait. Assuming Meowstic-M still has a Choice Scarf, it can act as a bare check to Mega Gengar with either move so it doesn't have to use Thunder Wave, though it should be noted that, without offensive investment, these attacks will only do heavy damage rather than OHKO.</p>

<p>To outrun Mega Gengar and with a Choice Scarf, 76 Spe EVs are required, which also allow Meowstic-M to ourun Adamant Mamoswine naturally (so its priority moves go before Mamoswine's Ice Shard). The rest of the252 EVs are invested towardsin HP and the rest go into either Defense or Special Attack with a Bold or Modest nature, respectively. Meowstic-M can also use Choice Specs alongside owither attacking moves alongside Trick, although a set such like this isn't exactly easy to use, especially considering Meowstic-M's average offensive stats.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Meowstic-M does not have access to Taunt, so entry hazard users such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory can set up Spikes and Stealth Rock in front of it easily, while not minding much about paralysis or poisonmuch and only fearing being Tricked a Choice Scarf or being hit by Yawn. To this extent, all the Magic Bounce users also don't care about Meowstic-M does to them aside from Trick, though one exception to this is Mega Absol, which is a perfect counter because of its immunity to Trick and Psychic-type moves. Meowstic-M also isn't bulky and doesn't have reliable recovery, so random forms of damage, including attacks, sandstormweather, and entry hazards, will take it down sooner than later. In desperate situations, Meowstic-M is walled hard by Dark- and Steel-types such as Tyranitar and Metagross, though in the process it might manage to part withget off a Thunder Wave or Yawn.</p>

Comments:
is there really a reason to say 'generic bonafide' special attackers? It's just outclassed by those psychic-types, period. Ditto for 'if it attempts to use supportive sets', it has no reliable recovery period which screws it in any case.
The way you worded the second trick sentence implies that there are walls that don't need to switch moves, which is pretty much totally untrue, so I altered it. I guess there kind of are, but not really.
The sentence about status moves after tricking...i don't think that, as it is currently constituted, there is an ending after the part in parantheses that can be considered gramatically correct. No, seriously. So i changed it, feel free to do it some other way, but make those two first parts cooperate if you do so. Parts of the opposing team->Pokemon, because why not.
No real need to say that Toxic and Yawn are the only status moves up for debate, just debate them. Also that sentence is gramatically wrong, in case you still want to keep that sentiment.
Yeah, I included the generic '1 attack that blocks taunt bait' sentence, because why not. Even though your non-attacking moves usually go first, they can still taunt you after that, and whimsicott/torn can still taunt you first.
If you're going to mention that it should be mainly used on offensive teams, give an equal mention to crippling a wall that team has trouble with alongside setting up on a locked-in offensive pokemon.
You say Toxic and Yawn are up for debate;why not at least show a bit of that debate in the analysis itself? If it's a tough choice, then you should help the reader make it.
Assuming you plan to use 252 HP evs no matter what, my edit makes more sense. If not, fine, but explain that you're going 252 SpA if you are doing that.
I think it's mildly pointless to mention entry hazards users will set up entry hazards in front of meowstic, and those two DO fear yawn, as it forces them out or puts them to sleep. And no need to say 'they don't mind poison', you had to write it like that to avoid branching off to mention they were immune to Toxic and i got that but then it's mildly confusing for beginners (who might think you CAN poison them and they just don't mind) and anyone who knows understands already, so overall i just cut that.
Hey, hail does exist too, ya know. Again, sandstorm mentioned because it's a damaging weather, but let's just assume people understand that basic part of what we're talking about.
at the end-part with would mean that it lets go of that move, which makes no sense, so I changed that too.

Epikhairz

Anything goes
dont forget <ul></ul> and <li></li> tags for Pros and Cons and remove the [SET]

I might do my own amcheck later (GP team doesnt have to care bout that tho :I) but these are just some things that stick out :x

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My god what a christmas tree. I'll have to step up my game in a couple of months.

But yeah, implemented I guess...

additions removals comments
[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Meowstic-M has access to Prankster, which makes it very useful in support roles,(RC) and pairs well with its versatile movepool.</li>
<li>It is naturally fast; has a good Speed stat which is just fast enough to outrun important threats such as Mega Kangaskhan and Garchomp.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>It has massive amount of competition as a Prankster user (with Klefki and Sableye) and a Psychic-type (with special attackers such as Gardevoir and Alakazam) to the point of being nearly outclassed.</li>
<li>All of its stats excluding Speed are average.</li>
<li>It has no reliable method of recovery.</li>
<li>Why aren't you using this thing in Doubles? It's actually incredible there.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>name: TrickScarf <br />
move 1: Trick <br />
move 2: Thunder Wave <br />
move 3: Toxic / Yawn <br />
move 4: Psychic / Psyshock <br />
ability: Prankster <br />
item: Choice Scarf <br />
nature: Bold / Modest <br />
evs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe </p> (for this whole block, get rid of the spaces between the end of the text and the tags at the end of the line: "<p>name: TrickScarf<br />","move 1: Trick<br />" etc)

<p>Meowstic-M can utilize the tried-and-true TrickScarf strategy, differentiating himself itself (you've already used "it," so i'm going to stick with that) somewhat from currently available Prankster and Trick users without being outclassed. The purpose of this set is to disrupt momentum by swapping its Choice Scarf onto threats that won't appreciate having Choice Scarf, including walls and attackers that rely mainly on switching moves. With specific threats being locked into a bad move, sweepers can possibly set up with ease, so Meowstic-M should be used primarily on offensive teams. Prankster helps immensely in this strategy, as Trick always goes first, and Meowstic-M can thus always Trick its Choice Scarf onto a Pokemon that's otherwise too fast or threatening before dying.</p>

<p>In addition to Tricking Pokemon (and preferably after doing so), Meowstic-M can further bother (i assume this is along the lines of what you're trying to say) the opposing Pokemon with the status moves of your choice. Thunder Wave is essential as there are numerous fast threats in the metagame. Although Toxic and Yawn have different effects, they both debilitate threats so that offensive teammates can break through or set up on them later. A Psychic-type move is essential to deal damage in desperate situations and to avoid being Taunt bait. Assuming Meowstic-M still has a Choice Scarf, it can act as a bare check to Mega Gengar with either move so it doesn't have to use Thunder Wave, though it should be noted that, without offensive investment, these attacks will only do heavy damage rather than OHKO.</p>

<p>To outrun Mega Gengar with a Choice Scarf, 76 Spe Speed EVs are required, which also allow allows Meowstic-M to ourun outrun Adamant Mamoswine naturally (so its priority moves go before Mamoswine's Ice Shard). 252 EVs are invested in HP and the rest go into either Defense or Special Attack with a Bold or Modest nature, respectively. Meowstic-M can also use Choice Specs with other attacking moves alongside Trick, although a set such like this that isn't exactly easy to use, especially considering Meowstic-M's average offensive stats.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Meowstic-M does not have access to Taunt, so entry hazard users such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory can set up in front of it easily, while not minding much about paralysis much and only fearing being Tricked a Choice Scarf or being hit by Yawn. To this extent, all the Magic Bounce users also don't care about what Meowstic-M does to them aside from Trick, though one exception to this is Mega Absol, which is a perfect counter because of its immunity to Trick and Psychic-type moves. Meowstic-M also isn't bulky and doesn't have reliable recovery, so random forms of damage, including attacks, weather, and entry hazards, will take it down sooner than later quickly. In desperate situations, Meowstic-M is walled hard by Dark- and Steel-types such as Tyranitar and Metagross, though in the process it might manage get off a Thunder Wave or Yawn.</p>

gp 1/1

Last edited:
Not that I pull any weight what so ever here, and even though this is completed I would like to suggest a dual-screens set:

Meowstic @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Serious Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Yawn
- Psychic

I have been testing this in particular to great success. Just a suggestion, seeing as this is a completed analysis and all.. Apologies if a set like this had already been mentioned and I missed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)