ORAS OU Computer World (peaked somewhere just under 1800 at some point in August/early September)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Kraftwerk are my favorite group, and Computer World is my absolute favorite album. I just really like Krafwerk as a whole and think they are both really innovative and incredibly enjoyable to listen to. While The Man Machine is probably a more appropriate album to represent this team in terms of name alone, Computer World is much easier to have playing in the background while playing and suits the highly rhythmic/formulaic nature of Scolipass as a whole better.

===================

This team's a little outdated and sadly I never saved a screenshot of when I peaked so you'll just have to trust my word about the peak (it's not that impressive anyway, but that's not important). I was on the alt Parcel Passer (that alt has both decayed and slightly tilted since) with this team and I'm sure that some OU players faced me on it and either think I'm scum or, in the case of a guy who I lost to (who I have to say was a really good sport, recognising that I would've won if not for missing Megahorn with Rhyperior; I had a fun chat with you in that match and he was so apologetic it's nuts; glad to know not everyone on there is a complete dickwad). Rather to my surprise there are only three replays of the alt, one of which wasn't saved by myself and the other two of which were saved by myself at around 1600 to show the matchup vs. Xtra Chirp$. I think the kinda low peak of this team is in part simply because my playing ability is not that good honestly (I'm better than your average scrub but I often have difficulty climbing beyond upper-mid ladder), but it also says a lot about the fact that you can't climb the ladder solely using Scolipass and it is a big part of why I don't think BP (or even SpeedPass) as a whole is broken. Anyway, enough talking and on with the RMT.

Additional Credits
Littlelucario gave me some help building this one (as did ericaroselia indirectly through a previous team that this ended up being 2/3 identical to this one lol), although the vast majority of the actual team is my own stuff due to it being built on top of the aforementioned previous build.

Team Preview

The Team

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Tail
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

I've run the bulky Colbur Berry variant of Azelf here 'cause Sash is ass. I used to carry Taunt, but I have since dropped it because I kept getting mindgamed by Diancie users but couldn't really afford to give up the ability to lay hazards on Sableye consistently, and I found that I wasn't really using Taunt very much anyway considering that nothing ever tries to use Azelf for setup fodder. The reason I'm using Iron Tail as opposed to HP Steel is because the latter requires SpA investment to net the OHKO with 50% consistently, and I didn't want to detract from my bulk because it would result in me losing to jolly Lopunny leads. Also it never OHKOs Diancie if they wait a turn to mega, which is detrimental due to the fact that it can put you in range of priority pretty easily and prevent you from laying rocks.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Scolipede is running Megahorn because I didn't want to auto-lose to anyone using Mega Alakazam, meaning that having the ability to both outpace and OHKO it was of vital importance to the success of the team. Attract is a pretty bad gimmick honestly because it doesn't consistently help you and has always screwed me over more than it's helped me. The listed EVs outpace everything up to timid Mega Alakazam at +1, HP is maxed out and the rest is dumped into defense to allow your to SubTect vs MSab and have your Sub take an aboslute-min-roll KOff from Mega Sableye (allowing you to retain a sub vs. non-Foul Play Sab 1/15 of the time).

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 24 Def / 100 Spe OR 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Mega Heracross is a pretty standard SD set. You can use either spread honestly; they both beat 8 Spe Rotom-W at +0 and outpace Scarf Latios at +3. However, the max attack spread sacrifices a significant amount of bulk (and, as such, makes setting up/dealing with priority more difficult) in exchange for the ability to 2HKO bold Unaware Clefable after Leftovers, which is helpful because Unaware Clef gives everything barring Xatu and Scolipede a headache. A faster spread with 176 Spe can also be run to outpace jolly Crawdaunt at +0 to stop it Crabhammering your face if you can't pass boosts to it for whatever reason.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave

Speaking of Xatu, the reason that I stuck with this as opposed to switching to Espeon was because it has access to Heat Wave. This allows it to swiftly deal with Scizor, who otherwise really shits on this team. Beyond this, the set is standard (Stored Power to shit on stuff, Roost to recover, max HP/Def to boost more easily, Magic Bounce 'cause fuck Whirlwind). Something to note is that Xatu 2HKOs Mega Sableye at +6 and can set up on it pretty consistently provided it doesn't get critted, and as such it doesn't really miss Gleam that much in the great scheme of things.

Rhyperior @ Chople Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Rhyperior is a kind of weird choice, but this team has made it one of my favorite recipients despite not being particular spectacular as a recipient, and the reason for that is because it has base 145 Atk, has access to Swords Dance and counters birdspam (which otherwise fucks with the archetype pretty immensely) on a consistent basis. I haven't lost to Xtra Chirpz once with this variant of the team, which says a lot about how Rhyperior is fulfilling its role. The listed EV spread is just 'cause max atk makes it more threatening after lots of speed boosts if you can't get an SD up for whatever reason, and the listed EVs outpace 0 spe Chansey at +0 (which, extends to outpace Mega Lopunny at +4). Chople Berry is there to allow you to get 2 chances to attack Mega Pinsir, and it also allows you to take a hit from Mega Medicham (making it a really consistent way of getting it into Megahorn range if it successfully RKs something with Fake Out/Bullet Punch). It just eases a lot of matchups and takes advantage of how easy it is to get to +4 with SubTect. Megahorn is used to OHKO Tangrowth at +2 while also threatening stuff like Celebi and Lati@s (among other things) more before an SD--improving it's sweeping capabilities when it gets passed to by Scolipede.

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Last but not least, we have Manaphy. Surf+Ice Beam+Energy Ball is used for maximum sweeping potential, and the reasons that Surf is used over Scald are twofold: it 2HKOs Chansey at +6, and it improves my sweeping capabilities. Sitrus Berry allows me to set up while taking a hit and then be put out of range of most priority. The HP stat hits a Sitrus Berry number, the EVs split between my defenses leave my SpD stat one point higher than my Def stat on the off chance someone brings Download Porygon2 or smth crazy like that. (This is the ladder man; who knows what you'll see?) The speed investment outpaces jolly Mega Tyranitar, allowing me to always outpace it if our speed stages are equal. This extends to outpacing every scarfer (even the irrelevant Latios) at +2 speed.

Weaknesses
I'd elaborate on every thing this team struggles with, but because it's BP the way of beating it basically consists of the same stuff you'd do to beat any other BP team. It struggles with strong neutral attackers and anything that can hit without worrying about Substitute (Mega Gardevoir and Mega Heracross are almost auto-wins vs. this team, for instance). Taunt and Encore users can give Scolipede a headache, and Haze (particularly Haze Quagsire) can completely clear all stat boosts you have attained. Whimsicott prevents you from ever setting up with Scolipede courtesy of priority Encore. Any other methods you use to win vs. BP are mostly applicable to this team, so if you have experience fighting BP you will know what these are.

Replays
The only ones I have saved are of me fighting Xtra Chirp$ at 1600-1700 on the ladder (I didn't think I'd RMT this I'm sorry :s), but yeah they show off two ways that Rhyperior is really nice in the birdspam matchup.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424499769 - Back when I still carried Taunt on Azelf. Azelf lays rocks, Scolipede uses Substitute while Excadrill is locked into Rapid Spin and sets up to +5 thanks to Gale Wings' priority ignoring it's speed boosts. Scolipede passes its boosts to Rhyperior and Rhyperior sets up to +2 on Talonflame before proceeding to force a forfeit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-426197223 - Xatu blocks opposing Azelf's rocks, I let my own Azelf to its Explosion to force them to RK with either Excadrill or a Flying-type (both of which can be forced out and/or abused by something on my team) and bring Rhyperior out as it dies. I play kinda poorly against that Manaphy, but whatever I achieve my goal anyway (it's only 1600-1700 so I can get away with shit like that). I'm able to get a Sub up after the Manaphy attacks, which allows me to use Sub-->Tect-->Megahorn to get to +3 on the Manaphy (this is another use for Megahorn) and then Protect for a fourth boost against the Pinsir. I then go to Rhyperior, protected by my Sub, and kill Pinsir off with Stone Edge, take the Scarf Exca EQ with my high defensive investment and kill it back with EQ and then Megahorn to break Dragonite's multiscale without activating Weakness Policy as it misplays and DDs as opposed to just attacking and then not even using ESpeed, allowing me to outpace on the following turn and kill it with Stone Edge.

Shoutouts
I've made lots of friends on the site that I can use to artificially inflate my likecount have made the past almost-four years on this site a thoroughly enjoyable experience. As such I'm going to tag as many as I can remember off of the top of my head, as well as some people who I don't talk to so much who are also cool. (Sorry if I forgot anyone!!!)
Overused (also gonna put people who I met through other competitive discussion stuff here 'cause there are so few that I cba to make a separate section)
zbr Random Passerby Bloo/Infernal (in spirit) -Magic- Sobi ericaroselia Bendiving Albacore Aragorn the King Littlelucario bludz Celticpride CrystalRam tigers jaw ksr15 Terrakion. BlazeLatias Skarmx2 SketchUp False. Eutychios Vertex p2 Erai14 Agent Gibbs Take Azelfie Icing On Da Cake and probably a buttload I fogot

Firebot/social forums/wallposts
internet pupper!!! boodan!!! Rugi shade Acklow Cresselia~~ Jebus McAzn Hulavuta Kudasai Sapphire. Bouff Asek Shaka Brah vonFiedler Drangonn. Ullar (in spirit) GotR Viridi Shrug Walrein and probably a buttload more I fogot

Met through Geno
Ununhexium Typhlito Ranger Mike cacturne Air Astara Shaymin :D QuickBH Russell Bestbrook Leer fleurdyleurse regirock and maybe more (less likely than other sections but defo possible)

C&C/other sites
Hootie Tokyo Tom LightningLuxray Kurona HypnoEmpire RotomPoison (a.k.a. Geno) boltsandbombers NotSoClutch Matt_192 cj-97 GiaQuando and I am 100% certain that I am forgetting a lot of people
Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Tail
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 24 Def / 100 Spe OR 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave

Rhyperior @ Chople Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)