Quality Control Conkeldurr(Offensive God)

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by Thepokedudeman, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Thepokedudeman

Thepokedudeman

[​IMG]

Overview: Conkeldurr has been an offensive boss in gen. 5 with its amazing attack stat. Although it lacks in Special Defense, its HP makes up for it. It is most-likely the best pokemon with mono fighting type, even though it lacks close combat. But, it has some moves other fighting types would only dream of: Drain Punch and Mach Punch.

Set: Bulk And Burn Item:Flame Orb Nature:Adamant EVs: 252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 SpD

Moves:
    Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Facade
    Mach Punch/Payback/Stone Edge
    Anaylisis: While A plus 1 Bulkup is powerful enough at an over 600 attack stat, when you add a guts boost,
    you're somewhere around a 900 attack stat. Bulk Up, which is self-explanitory, is the main move of the set, getting a giant boost in attack in the first turn. Next, since you are going to be burned and losing a lot of damage every turn, so Lucky for Conkeldurr, it gets access to Drain Punch, a move most fighting types beg for. For the next move, we will be making use of Facade, which doubles when statused, making it a great option for any Toxic Orb or Flame Orb set(Usually Breloom or Gliscor). The last move slot is pretty much up to you, depending on preference. You could roll with Mach Punch, which is an easy way to make Conkeldurr a revenge killer against a huge threat(Usually for me Choice Scarf Jirachi that Para-Flinches me to death). Payback is a good option to hit ghost type pokemon, if you have problems with them usually. Lastly, there's Stone Edge, a move for some extra type coverage(If you trust your luck with accuracy), and also a good way to deal with those pesky flying types.

Additional Options/Comments:
    - It Wouldn't hurt to put in some HP EVs if you have a tough time dealing with entry hazards, or if your team lacks a rapid spinner, and also a good idea for a Flame Orb set.
    - A good partner with Conkeldurr would be Max SpD Tyranitar, since Conkeldurr lacks in SpD and needs a parter to scare away Latios and Espeon
    - And lastly, Conkeldurr needs some Coverage for Offensive Pokes like Choice Banded Dragonite, so you would probably like to take a Skarmory or Foretress to sponge an Outrage to the face.

I hope you liked the set I created, and I hope to create more in the future.
  2. The Silent Storm

The Silent Storm

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)