1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Considering old threads in our "article revamp"

Discussion in 'Site Projects' started by Jumpman16, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

just going to paste the pm and my reply here

This idea has some potential, I'll bounce it off of our staff. Thanks.

and it does, though somewhat less since we dont have 3+ years of threads to call upon. it wouldn't have to be too many threads and they could go to some subsection of smogon's greatest hits or whatever...but i'm pretty sure you don't really need that much "experience" to tell what a good thread is or not, this is a project that would very well suit a non-badge holder or two (or three etc) who's looking to contribute, and then our staff can reserve judgment on the actual threads they find.

it may not be worth it though considering we dont have that much to work with (only 12 months' worth) so what do you guys think
  2. Max

Max yadig
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I for one like the idea. Even if we only have 12+ months of threads, I'm sure there are enough of them to make this worthwhile. As long as it helps the people of the community out, I don't see a problem in arranging some users to find useful threads.

Plus, I'm sure we can find quite a few users who'd be willing to help out, since they want to contribute to Smogon.
  3. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm sure some threads in Stark Mountain where people put forward their interesting theories about the D/P metagame, and more, would be a great asset and is a perfect example of what this is about.

Obviously there are threads all over the boards that would benifit the author and the articles that need many opinions, and not just his.

Good idea!
  4. Tangerine

Tangerine Where the Lights Are
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

5. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

im okay with this
  6. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

I like that idea, especially as a suggestion for those that are willingly eager to help.
  7. Great Sage

Great Sage

I support this as well.
  8. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

9. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

I like this idea.
  10. Jumpman16

is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

k so who can we get to look through stark and stuff
  11. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

So if we find anything worth mentioning, we run it through this thread to see if it's worth keeping?
  12. Jumpman16

i guess, though making a post about this in C&C may be better so we dont have current contributors doubling up on tasks when there are (i hope) plenty of contributors-in-waiting who can help with stuff like this

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)