Constant rage-quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would really like if there was something implemented that only allows a player to quit a battle maybe 3 or 5 times within a certain time period before their username gets under probation or something. its driving me crazy how many people quit battles. There are so many times where another player has quit within the first round if it doesn't go their way, or wait to the very last round before they are about to lose to quit and I find this very unfair and annoying. I understand they lose points when they quit but losing points just isn't that much of a big deal to stop all these players from doing so. What do you guys think about this?

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really see the problem with users forfeiting. I mean, you get free points when they do so, so what's there to complain about? Also, it would be quite difficult for us to limit the amount of times a user can forfeit, as people can simply leave the website and all matches that they were in will be automatically forfeited after a period of time, and we can't stop people from leaving, haha

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, you want to drag out the battle longer? Rather than just saving time by them quitting, you would want them to take as long as possible or possibly just top battling altogether and time out? It doesn't make sense to me. And yeah, I'm with Electrolyte. We can't top the from quitting battles; they could just turn off their computer or exit the browser.

If you mean when users quit but the tier still goes down, then there's nothing we can do about that, either. It's better just to let them quit.

Yes, i am saying they should finish the battles. Its so demeaning to the other player when you cant even let them finish their good game they are playing. Also, just because they had a bad first round doesnt mean they are going to lose the game. A talented player should be able to come back from a hit and strategically find a way to come back. And yes anyone could just quit out of their browser but its just the principle of setting the rule that will let players know its crappy to rage quit and hopefully convince some players to keep playing

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, but Pokemon Showdown!'s users are not known for ethics. This seems like you're trying to fix something that is too broken to even try.

Oh, and this is a suggested related to the server, which shouldn't be in here. Please don't do that again.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Treecko finally doing his Suggestion Box duties... maybe we can make him mod after all.

People who complain about rage quitting need to get over themselves. Boohoo, the team matchup was highly in my favor / Boohoo I was at +6 in every stat and my opponent left so I didn't get to sweep with my unique and original Stored Power Smeargle. How about you take your opponent's time into consideration? Continuing with a huge stallfest or an endless Baton Pass chain when you have no chance of winning is pointless and gets you nowhere. Get over yourself. Oh and...

1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
Seriously, top of the screen, along with three rules threads on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)