Project Core Analysis Workshop (Discussing Partners for Mega Sharpedo + Tank Chomp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by AM & Aragorn the King | Format primarily copied from Victim of the Week

Thanks to Analytic for the artwork

Core Analysis Workshop

Pokemon teams rely on offensive and defensive synergy to function. Cores of pokemon are units within teams that are built specifically to take advantage of these synergies between pokemon. Many teams are built around such cores. The premise of this thread is to analyze cores by discussing threats to them and then potential partners. Hopefully this exercise helps you with your teambuilding process.

I will not necessarily be using cores from the Good Cores thread (though I may use a few), but I recommend you check it out if you are looking for a core to build around.

Procedure:

2 mon cores

1. I will post a core comprised of 2 pokemon.

2. For the first 3 days after that post, posters will have the chance to post threats to the core.
Example: Rotom-Wash is a threat to a birdspam core of Talonflame + Mega Pinsir

3. After the the first 3 days are up, posters will nominate potential partners to the core, keeping in mind the threats previously posted. This will last for 4 days.
Example: Serperior is a potential partner to the above birdspam core because it beats Rotom-Wash and Rock types like Rhyperior

4. When the week is up, I will choose the top 3 partners to the core and put them in the OP. This is a subjective procedure so I will most likely consult other players – but not ones who made nominations in the thread. Please don’t be insulted if your nomination doesn’t make the OP. I will probably add in a Hall of Fame if this thread goes on for long enough.

3 mon cores

1. I will post a core comprised of 3 pokemon.

2. For half the week, posters will have a chance to post threats to that core.

3. After the time period is up, I will choose the top threats to the core and put them into the OP. We will not discuss partners for 3 mon cores.

Rules:

1. Please follow up your reservations in a timely fashion. I will allow 3 hours after a reservation to make the post. After the 3 hours is up, if you have not made your post then someone else may reserve that pokemon.

2. When the threats nominations period ends, I will no longer accept threats and will only be accepting partners to the core.

3. Please post only pokemon that are viable in OU. This means they should be listed on the viability rankings thread.

4. Each poster may only nominate one partner to a core. I would prefer you only post one threat as well but if many threats have been posted since your first post I may allow you to post a second threat.

5. When posting either a threat or a partner, explain yourself. Calcs are not necessary but please list more reasons than something simple like type synergy. Be descriptive so that other posters and I can fully understand your reasoning behind your nomination. Also please list a full set of the pokemon including its item, full moveset, EV spread, and nature.

6. When nominating partners, please post one moveset and EV spread. I'd prefer you didn't use slashes much just because this should be treated as a teambuilding exercise. Obviously I will be more lenient regarding slashes on threats.

7. Please be respectful to others :)

Clarifications Regarding Threats & Partners:

A threat to the core must check or counter at least one member and cannot be countered by the other. A threat does not necessarily need to be able to switch into both members of the core, but it should be difficult/annoying to switch into for the members of the core. Of course, the biggest threats counter both members.

When nominating partners, you are allowed to make suggested changes to the current sets of the members of the core.

Mega Metagross + Keldeo

Top 3 Partners:
Tyranitar |
Tangrowth |
Raikou

Mega Diancie + Volcarona

Top 3 Partners:
Keldeo |
Azumarill |
Celebi

Mega Venusaur + Heatran

Top 3 Partners:
Tornadus-T |
Raikou |
Slowbro

Mega Lopunny + Gengar

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Hippowdon | Klefki | Manaphy

Mega Charizard X + Serperior

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Starmie | Empoleon | Mamoswine

Garchomp + Skarmory

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Clefable | Mega Altaria | Mega Venusaur

Mega Altaria + Manaphy

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Heatran | Alakazam | Klefki

Mega Alakazam + Scizor

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Azumarill | Gyarados | Tyranitar

Mega Gyarados + Toxicroak

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Magneton | Jirachi | Mamoswine

Mega Manectric + Weavile

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Gengar | Klefki | Azumarill

Slurpuff + Hawlucha

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Heatran | Mega Manectric | Magneton

Hippowdon + Ferrothorn + Starmie

Threats
Top Threats:
Serperior | Mew | Reuniclus | Manaphy
Mega Sableye | Mega Latias | Mega Venusaur | Mega Charizard Y

Mega Scizor + Manaphy + Hippowdon

Threats
Top Threats:
Mega Charizard X | Serperior | Mega Venusaur | Keldeo
Manaphy | Breloom | Mega Garchomp | Suicune

Excadrill + Tyranitar

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners (not named Zard Y):
Latias | Celebi | Serperior

Clefable + Gliscor

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Mega Manectric | Mega Venusaur | Slowbro

Kyurem-Black + Victini

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Starmie | Mega Lopunny | Landorus-T

Talonflame + Gastrodon

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Ferrothorn | Mega Venusaur | Mega Sableye

Gengar + Clefable

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Garchomp | Heatran | Hippowdon

Thundurus + Mega Heracross

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Heatran | Excadrill | Tentacruel

Bisharp + Mega Lopunny

Threats | Partners

Landorus-T + Raikou

Threats | Partners

Mega Sableye + Slowbro + Heatran

Threats

Talonflame + Starmie + Ferrothorn

Threats

Tornadus-T + Tangrowth

Threats | Partners

Politoed + Kingdra

Threats | Partners

Mega Medicham + Sylveon

Threats | Partners

Latios + Heatran

Threats | Partners

Mega Gardevoir + Talonflame

Threats | Partners

Tyranitar + Manaphy

Threats | Partners

Thundurus + Hoopa-Unbound

Threats | Partners

Mega Charizard Y + AV Metagross

Threats | Partners

Tyranitar + Skarmory

Threats | Partners

Breloom + Talonflame

Threats | Partners

Mega Beedrill + Magnezone

Threats | Partners

Mega Tyranitar + Amoonguss

Threats | Partners

Latios + Lucario

Threats | Partners

Mega Manectric + Crawdaunt

Threats | Partners

Weavile + Serperior

Threats | Partners

Dragonite + Mega Scizor

Threats | Partners

Mega Sceptile + Azumarill

Threats | Partners

Skarmory + Chansey ZZZ

Threats | Partners

Mega Diancie + Breloom

Threats | Partners

Mega Venusaur + Tyranitar + Skarmory

Threats

Mega Latias + Infernape + Hippowdon

Threats
Mega Pidgeot + Dugtrio

Threats | Partners

Current Core:
Mega Sharpedo + Garchomp

Threats | Partners

Last edited:

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay so the old thread got deleted for whatever reason, AM told me he couldn’t find it and that I was ok to just make a new one (I have also changed my avatar in case anyone thinks I’m a spambot or something). Sorry to everyone who intended to nominate a partner to the Landorus + Thundurus core, but I probably won’t be revisiting any of the same cores for a while just because it would be boring.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

So this is a pretty simplistic core which has two powerful attackers hitting from opposite sides of the spectrum. Mega Lopunny cleans up against most offense but struggles against bulky Psychic and Fairy types primarily which Gengar can feast on. On the other hand Gengar isn’t really hard stopped by much bar Assault Vest users and Blissey which Lopunny can put in work against.

Anyway please begin discussing threats. Threat discussion will end on Thursday.

rip bludz thread and rip weedle

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Talonflame is quite the threat to these two frail attackers. It is one of the few offensive "checks" to Lopunny, and also really isn't too afraid of Gengar either. Priority Brave Bird hits both of these two hard; it OHKOs both unboosted. Talon can also take advantage of Lopunny using Fake Out to Mega evolve safely. It can come in on the predicted Fake Out, force Lopunny out and set up an SD in most cases. Any team using these two should have some kind of check or method to handling SD Talonflame.

Last edited:
haha gg xD

alakazam is a check

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute / Encore

Alakazam is a pretty solid check to both mons on this core. Alakazam basically outspeeds and OHKOes both mons on this core with Psychic (and if you're real enough Focus Blast and Shadow Ball xD). What makes Alakazam a check at most is that it can't switch into either mon into this core (gengar for obvious reasons and lopunny does a hefty chunk with Return). Not really much to it, it outspeeds and just OHKOes both mons making it a solid enough answer.

Pretty small explanation but there isn't really much to add here

Last edited:

bludz

Actually I have to thank GrimoireGod for the OP. A little while back he asked if he could run a Core Analysis Workshop in the PU forum and because his thread is still up I was able to rip the OP from there.

FREE WEEDLE

Reserving M-Aerodactyl, sorry for the delay

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Mega Aerodactyl, once Mega Evolved, completely tears apart this core. Being able to OHKO both Mega Lopunny and Genger with the respective moves makes it a huge thread. It also gets the added bonus of not only outspeeding both Pokemon, but, without Stealth Rock, it is able to take a hit solidly from either Pokemon. It can not freely switch in to Lopunny, as High Jump Kick and Return will KO it. However, if you're feeling lucky, it can actually switch into Genger and take any one hit, outspeeding and KOing even before Mega Evolution, although it is recommended you get a free switch in.

248 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 255-300 (98.4 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

248 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 282-332 (104 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Gliscor is a problem for this core, since it hard checks one member of it and loosely checks the other.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 244 HP / 200+ SpD Gliscor: 156-185 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 204-240 (78.7 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and you remove its Life Orb in the process, so even if you don't KO it you can handle it without much difficulty

Unfortunately, even if Lopunny doesn't run Ice Punch, Gliscor isn't a great answer to it, since Return will 2HKO after one PuP :

+1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 213-252 (60.5 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

and Gliscor cannot 2HKO back :

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 109-129 (40.2 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

But Gliscor does beat Lopunny 1v1 after some prior damage, and Lopunny can't switch into it (even Knock Off deals enough damage to Lopunny for a 2HKO to be likely.

Last edited:
RIP weedle and (my) first post

Reserving Scarf Latios

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

With a scarf, Latios is able to outspeed both Pokémon in this core and OHKO both of them with Psyshock. Only bring in Latios when you can bring it in freely, as it is not a switch-in to either Pokémon.

252 SpA Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 272-324 (100.3 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 396-468 (152.8 - 180.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Scarf Landoge

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Stone Edge / Explosion
- Superpower / Stone Edge / Explosion

This is pretty self explanatory, but I'll explain anyways. Landorus basically outspeeds both members of the core and KOs them with the corresponding move. Lopunny cannot OHKO Lando with Ice Punch nor can Gengar with any move bar Icy Wind, which is basically nonexistent. Landorus-T can OHKO both mons with the appropriate SE coverage move or he can 2HKO each with a neutral move if he does not have the appropriate coverage move. Considering this, Lando-t is actually a huge threat to both members of this core

Here are some calcs to prove it:
252 Atk Landorus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 350-412 (134 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 298-352 (109.9 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 186-220 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 179-211 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 244-288 (76.4 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 207-243 (64.8 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Reserving Tornadus-T

image.jpg

Tornadus-T @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 Hp / 160 Spa / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

(Keep in mind that I am aware that this is t the most viable spread for Tornadus-T, but it best combats the core at hand)

Tornadus-T has been recently moved up to OU and for a good number of reasons. It's great speed, coverage, ability, momentum and decent power, which are some of the key reasons behind this shift, and are also the reasons that it is able to destroy this core. Gengar struggles to 2hko and has to hope for a high role, while Tornadus-T easily 2hkos it with Knock Off removing Gengars ability to 2hko at all. It defeats Mega Loppuny Though its super effective stab and its bulk, which allows it to eat up a return!

0 Atk Tornadus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 190-224 (73.3 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 148-175 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 208-246 (62.6 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Edit: Please excuse the shitty calcs, I was on my phone and shit was playing up. Like I'm pretty sure that Knock Off OHKOs, but I decided to go with what the messed up calcs said. I'm also glad to see the thread back! Keep the good work up Bludz.

Last edited:

Mur

If you're not first you're last

The slayer of offense is here

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This should be pretty self explanatory but I'l go into a lil bit of detail!
Thundy threatens this core in more than a few ways. Both members of the core are easily forced out with the threat of a t-wave crippling them for the rest of the game(bar heal bell support/healing wish). Gengar is also outsped and cracked by a LO thunderbolt which is a KO after stealth rocks or a round of LO damage. Mlop does not like taking a t-wave(as previously stated) and most certainly does not want to eat a focus blast. Mlop can abuse fake out to out-priority the t-wave but this situation is unlikely as why would you revenge a thundy with Mlop lol? Thundy always is a threat to more offensively inclined cores and this one is no different so teammates that can absorb the yellow color and take on thundy should always be mandatory.

Reserving Mega Lopunny. That's allowed, right?

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Substitute
- Fake Out

Ironically, Mega Lopunny beats both mons. If it wins the speed tie with the opposing Mega Lopunny, it OHKOs easily with High Jump Kick. Return OHKOs Gengar.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 261-307 (100.7 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 462-546 (170.4 - 201.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Real sorry your first thread got deleted. That took away about half my posts and likes too lmao

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch / Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Conkeldurr is a more bulky threat to the core (yes, they exist) because it can hard check Gengar and soft check Mega Lopunny. AV Conkeldurr can switch into Gengar without too many problems, though Sludge Wave hurts and even has a little chance to 2HKO after rocks. Knock Off easily KOs Gengar and against Mega Lopunny you can't switch in but you win a 1v1 situation because Conk is able to live a HJK and hit back with Drain Punch. If Lopunny is weakened Mach Punch also can be enough to beat Lopunny (does over 60%) Definitely a big threat because both members lose a 1v1 situation and Gengar even gets soft-countered.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn / Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

This is a set I've been using a lot lately to revenge unsuspecting Mega Lop on the ladder (sorry if it's shitty). Outspeeds both mons and OHKOes with Zen Headbutt. Also takes very little damage from Return, Fake Out, Power-up Punch or Sludge Wave so basically lure your opponent into using these moves and switch it in. U-Turn for momentum although Fire Punch hits Scizor, Bisharp and Ferrothorn who can all switch in for free otherwise. Healing Wish in the last slot because Scarf Healing Wish can be clutch sometimes.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Rock Polish

Since M-Lopunny is not running Ice Punch, Landorus-I can just come in and set a Rock Polish and proceed to sweep the duo. Psychic is a guaranteed OHKO on both Lopunny and Gengar, not much to say here.

Calcs:
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lopunny: 346-408 (127.6 - 150.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 421-497 (162.5 - 191.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

p2

Banned deucer.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Scarf Keldeo cannot directly switch into Gengar or Lopunny, but OHKOs them with Hydro Pump and Secret Sword, respectively, while outspeeding them. However, Gengar does need prior damage from either LO or SR for it to have a guaranteed chance. Neither of them want to switch directly into Keldeo either because Scald is aids

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 226-267 (87.2 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 290-344 (107 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Reserving scarf victini

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

With a Choice Scarf, Victini can outspeed both members of the core. Victini's mediocre bulk lets it switch in to Lopunny and take a hit, then respond with V-create or Zen Headbutt.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 172-204 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 256-303 (94.4 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Victini Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 230-272 (84.8 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

However, Victini gets OHKOed by Gengar's Shadow Ball, meaning it should be brought in either via double switch or VoltTurn, or after a teammate faints. For the set, Victini can also provide momentum with U-turn if Lopunny or Gengar switches out.

Last edited:

Mega Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 Hp / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Substitute/Dragon Pulse

CM Mega Latias here beats both Mega-Lopunny and Gengar 1v1 without the need to outspeed them. LO Gengar fails to ohko Mega Latias even after rocks. Mega Lop on the other hand is turned into setup fodder, taking maximum 40.7% from unboosted Return. After it has setup once or twice, Latias-M can kill Mega Lop and then setup even further on Gengar's face.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 242-283 (66.6 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 248 HP / 84+ Def Mega Latias: 126-148 (34.7 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Mega Latias Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 350-414 (135.1 - 159.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Latias Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 242-288 (89.2 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's Heart Attack time again guys.

Heart Attack (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Rash Nature (running Mild means Diancie can set up on Gengar)
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Rock Polish Mega Diancie is a threat to this core, although its matchup isn't perfect. Once it sets up a Rock Polish, it is capable of OHKOing both Lopunny and Gengar. However, it is difficult to set Diancie up on either of these Pokemon, as Gengar's Sludge Wave + Lopunny's Fake Out = dead Diancie, and Lopunny's HJK + sacking Gengar + Fake Out = dead Diancie.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 64 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 208-246 (80.9 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 31-37 (12 - 14.3%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 204-240 (79.3 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lopunny: 414-488 (152.7 - 180%) -- guaranteed OHKO
16 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 247-292 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Not the best check ever, but once it manages to set up Rock Polish, it wins easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)