OM Core Laddering Challenge [Challenge #13 @ post #497; deadline Feb. 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
K. Challenge #4 is now over. Congrats to Racool, Aku Mau Ngetroll and Zephyr Dragon Lord as the winners of Challenge #4.

Challenge #5
AG, AAA, 1v1
AG

and

AAA

and

1v1

Elo requirements for each achievements.

AG

Bronze: 1400
Silver: 1575
Gold: 1750
Platinum: 1925

AAA
Bronze: 1225
Silver: 1350
Gold: 1475
Platinum: 1600

1v1
Bronze: 1325
Silver: 1450
Gold: 1575
Platinum: 1700

Challenge will end at around March 15th, 2017. Special thanks to Aku Mau Ngetroll for AAA core and Chloe. for AG core ideas, even if I didn't follow you. And for all people who gave me core suggestions. They are appreciated and, more importantly, will be considered for future challenges.

Also after this challenge, I'm thinking of doing something different, since doing all mons have gotten boring (and I ran out of metas already). Any idea for the next challenge will be appreciated. Maybe required items? Abilities? Mega stones?

Bronze in AG, probably going to RMT the team I'm using once I get to Silver-ish (was planning on doing so beforehand anyways)

report to get Gold in AAA

i think the requirement for Platinum is kinda hard because only 1 person in AAA that ever reach 1600 Elo, and now that person have the same Elo as me. and the "almost dead ladder" make it more difficult too to find people, waiting to not to lose to AFK (some lose because i am afking because tired of waiting).

I did say that the next Challenge is gonna be special, but since I have no idea other than this, I'll just say it. Note that Challenge #5 isn't over yet.

For the next Challenge, I'll make it with based on Assignments. Basically, do ALL of these assignments listed below and you'll win the challenge. Since I don't really have too much idea about the assignments, I'll be accepting your assignment ideas as a possible addition.

Also, every completion MUST have a proof, either replays (for battles) or a screenshot (for laddering, all of the assignements are battles so it doesn't matter). Also note that your account must still have CLC in it to register.

Here's the assignments that I'll be giving, so that you can prepare for it.

1. Win a battle with Skill Swapping a Natural Cure mon to a Poison Heal mon in AAA.

2. Win 2 battles under 10 turns in BH (must provide 2 replays)

3. Win 2 battles over 80 turns in BH (must also provide 2 replays)

4. Win a battle by using Komala with Sleep Talk + Whirlwind in Sketchmons.

5. Win a battle in AG using OU team.

6. Win a battle in 1v1 by making your opponent uses Struggle.

7. Win a battle in Mix and Mega without Mega Evolving.

8. Reach at least +4 Speed in 1 turn in Full Potential using a mon with Weak Armor + any boosting moves in one battle.

9. Reach +6 in each stats in AG.

10. KO at least 2 mon in a BH battle using Dream Eater from any mon.

11. Win 2 battles in Full Potential while Trick Room is active when the battle is finished.

12. Win a Monotype Battle vs a Mono-Steel with Mono-Ice.

13. Win 3 1v1 games with just 1 mon (must provide 3 replays).

14. Grab a Justified boost and KO at least 1 mon in a battle in AAA.

15. Win a battle without switching in one of these metas (not all): BH, AAA, Mix and Mega, Sketchmons or Full Potential. Only ONE, no more.

Edit: 15 is now the final number of challenges.

Last edited:
(Quick question; does the AG assignment include not having OHKO moves on your own Pokémon?)

Also, I have two ideas here. They may or may not be good.

9.) Grab a Justified boost in AAA or Mix and Mega, and take down at least 2/3 Pokemon (depends on the difficulty of this) with it.

10.) Heal yourself 3 times in an AAA battle from immunity abilities. (I just put several as I feel you might have been able to determine what number would be best)

Last edited:
(Quick question; does the AG assignment include not having OHKO moves on your own Pokémon?)

Also, I have two ideas here. They may or may not be good.

9.) Grab a Justified boost in AAA or Mix and Mega, and take down at least 2/3 Pokemon (depends on the difficulty of this) with it.

10.) Heal yourself several times in an AAA battle from immunity abilities.
Yes, it must be OU team WITH OU clauses. No 1HKO moves.

Also, several times? Please give an exact number, like 2 or 3.

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
I did say that the next Challenge is gonna be special, but since I have no idea other than this, I'll just say it. Note that Challenge #5 isn't over yet.

For the next Challenge, I'll make it with based on Assignments. Basically, do ALL of these assignments listed below and you'll win the challenge. Since I don't really have too much idea about the assignments, I'll be accepting your assignment ideas as a possible addition.

Also, every completion MUST have a proof, either replays (for battles) or a screenshot (for laddering, all of the assignements are battles so it doesn't matter). Also note that your account must still have CLC in it to register.

1. Win a battle with Skill Swapping a Natural Cure mon to a Poison Heal mon in AAA.

6. Win a battle in 1v1 by PP-stalling your opponent until it uses Struggle.

8. Reach at least +4 Speed in 1 turn in Full Potential using a mon with Weak Armor + any boosting moves in one battle.

I'll be accepting 2 more assignments as challenges to be 10. The challenge MUST be reasonable, not too hard.
Here's a couple ideas:

Win several 1v1 games, with just 1 pokemon.

Win a mix and mega game using only 2 or 3 native mega evolutions (primal doesn't count_

Get a baton pass moody chain to +6 in each stat (or like 4) from smeargle in AG. (Not everything has to come from Moody)

6. Win a battle in 1v1 by PP-stalling your opponent until it uses Struggle.

I'll be accepting 2 more assignments as challenges to be 10. The challenge MUST be reasonable, not too hard.
Almost all of these are easily done at the 1000 level on their respective ladders; the only exceptions are skill swapping natural cure, since that requires the opponent to actually have poison heal, and the 80 turn battle in BH, because it might be hard to get people to stick around for 80 turns without forfeiting. Is there some minimum ELO your opponent needs to have been before the battle for these to actually count, or is this just a trivial scavenger hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)