Core Laddering Challenge [BH, Inh, 1v1]

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Core Laddering Challenge!
Om Edition

Introduction

Welcome to the brand new Core Laddering Challenge! Happy laddering!

Challenge
The core laddering challenge obviously involves laddering.. with a core! It's a competition of both teambuilding, adapting and playing! Various metagames will get a core each month (BH, AAA, Tier Shift, STABmons and PU probably). They can be any style, with any Pokemon legal and you may complete them however you want. We'll try to keep the core viable though. After you've gotten the core, it's time to teambuild! The only restriction is that you'll have to use the Pokemon in the core, you may decide the movesets yourself, as well as the partners. This'll encourage you to play another style, as well as trying Pokemon you might not normally use. Please don't ask anyone to build a team for you. Finally before you start laddering, sign up in this thread with the Alt you're going to use and which metagame(s) you're going to play. You must post a fresh alt that doesn't have any ladder matches (and thus a rank) yet. Once you've signed up with the alt, you may only use that alt in the formats for this challenge. At the end of the month we'll ask the top finisher to share his team and it'll put in an archive with the sets. There will also be certain ranks you can get if you are at a certain point in the ladder which will be specified in a second post which will hold the Hall of Fame and the Archive. Please don't start laddering before you signed up!

Of course, you can also discuss the core in this thread. What does it fare well against? How do you need to support it? What sets are good on them?

Make sure to post it if you achieved any rank in the Hall of Fame! Also please post a screenshot.
Hey yall! I'm here to inform you guys that in the next OM Core Laddering Challenge, Monotype will be participating. This has been donce once before, and we actually decided to do it again! If your looking at this you actually get early dibs on the cores prior to the release. This will be a 3 way core challenge, and the cores we'll be using are listed below:
+
+
+

Since this challenge is going to be going allow with the month long format, the HoF levels are consistent for all 3, 1250-Bronze, 1350-Silver, 1450-Gold, 1550-Platinum. For entering this challenge, you can either register here on this forum, or register on our website (it will be listed as Challenge #39). I wish everyone here's whose participating the best of luck, and to have fun laddering! If you have any questions, you can PM Twix, Bondie, or Myself! :)

Tagging Snaquaza to add this to the OP

The challenge will be released Sunday, Nov 1, and if the ladder happens to reset during that time, it will be paused, and extended.

Have fun laddering!

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Working on Archive

PU

BH

n

AAA

[/hide]

Monotype

Tier Shift

STABmons

[/hide]

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be laddering pu (maybe aaa but not sure rn) under the alt BT has PTSD

in as "starepolitely" for PU
:I btw I hate the fact that we are building around two prominent nasty plotters. I know they have other sets but thats their main set.

Last edited:
Doing this. The alt I'll be using will be Normal Old Cores.

As for which meta, I'll probably do BH only. If I decide to do another challenge it will be AAA.

I hate low ladder BH. With a passion.

Low Ladder BH simply takes SO long to get out. If I could tolerate it, I wouldn't be complaining. But, the stupidity of it makes me sad. Please stop using Fur Coat+Sitrus Berry Mega Slowbro. Also Umbreon and Ferrothorn. Low ladder makes all the worst mistakes. Some mistakes are great, like Chocolate Chip Cookies, but not these sets!

Edit: I know this is COMPLETELY unrelated, but....

I AM THE FIRST BRONZE RANK!!!!

Proof: (Shout-out to Jack Dalton on Showdown for getting the screenshot, since I can't download it.)

Last edited:
CLC DarkeKnight for AAA.

EDIT: I suppose I'll join for PU as well.

EDIT 2: No scratch that! I forgot about the challenge and used some other team. I'm in only for AAA.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)