Core Laddering Challenge [BH, Inh, 1v1]

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Stabmons as CLC Ownage

All i have to do is slap mega pidgeot on over gothitelle on my team and voila lel. I just won a tour with that team tonight so i hope it wont be too hard.

Ok, so I went through a few teams for the CLC laddering and found that the combination of sets for Ninetales and Simipour that I liked most was Specially Defensive Ninetales and Sub Salac Nasty Plot Simipour. To go along with this, I figured I would build a Fire/Water/Grass core and add Tangela, which covered a lot of Simipour and Ninetales' checks. Simipour and Bouffalant both turned out to be great sweepers and Ninetales was able to hold it's own against Pokemon such as Tangela, Raichu, Rotom-F, etc. Here's the team. Enjoy :]

rampardos.gif
simipour.gif
ninetales.gif
tangela.gif
fraxure.gif
bouffalant.gif

When I thought of a lead that beat both Simipour and Ninetales, I thought of Sturdy Weakness Policy Golem. A really cool Pokemon that I've never used in this context before is Rampardos. With Mold Breaker and access to Surf, with 112 Special Attack investment, Rampardos is able to OHKO Golem through it's Sturdy and keep it's Focus Sash intact to be able to set up Stealth Rocks. Rampardos is also able to hit the most relevant Rapid Spinner (Avalugg) and a lot of the common Defoggers (Pelipper, Togetic, etc.) hard with it's STAB, Stone Edge.

Headaches (Rampardos) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Surf

In my run, the most successful of the two Pokemon in this core was Simipour. Simipour is extremely powerful, especially against this meta, and even without a Nasty Plot, a Torrent-boosted Surf hits extremely hard. I opted for Surf over Hydro Pump because it's the more accurate and reliable of the two. Simipour can set up on a lot of Pokemon and unless your opponent has a check, it is guaranteed to put in a lot of work.

Im Paul (Simipour) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Ice Beam

It was hard to think of a set best to use on Ninetales since I decided it was best not to use two Pokemon with Nasty Plot. I chose this set from one of Darnell's old XY teams and it ended up fitting pretty well in this team. If your opponent lacked a Fire type, it was relatively easy to set up a Substitute with Ninetales and wear down teams. Although Ninetales was definitely not as successful than Simipour, it was fun to use and was great for wearing down teams.

Tails (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tangela is a very strong and underrated Pokemon in PU, and it was able to easily deal with Pokemon that Simipour and Ninetales couldn't beat (namely Poliwrath) and it also completed the Fire/Water/Grass core. This is actually another set that was originally made by Darnell back in the days of XY that has been seeing more use than ever lately. Originally, HP Ice was there over Sludge Bomb, but Sub Swords Dance Bouffalant is such a huge threat in this tier and Sludge Bomb is guaranteed to break Bouffalant's Substitute.

Tangelo (Tangela) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Fraxure is a really cool Pokemon that I had never really used much before this team. When people see Fraxure, most think Dragon Dance or Choice Band. What really seemed to catch people off guard was Choice Scarf Fraxure. Choice Scarf Fraxure can outspeed most of the unboosted metagame and still hits extremely hard. Most of the time you only use your STABs and Low Kick since fairies aren't as common in PU, but Poison Jab allows you to hit Mr.Mime, Togetic, and Clefairy.

Fracture (Fraxure) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Low Kick

Right now, Bouffalant is easily my most favorite Pokemon in the PU metagame, since it is able to set up on so many strong defensive cores and it can take and dish out hits so well. Although this set in particular is walled by Haunter, Misdreavus, and Drifblim, you can run Stone Edge over Earthquake alternatively but Earthquake is more reliable.

Afro SMASH (Bouffalant) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Headaches (Rampardos) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Surf

Im Paul (Simipour) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Tails (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tangelo (Tangela) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Fracture (Fraxure) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Low Kick

Afro SMASH (Bouffalant) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

P.S. Can I have a cookie for winning, Snaquaza? :]

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

Silver in STABmons, which wasn't too hard tbh. Had to quit one match and got raped by bad predictions in another, i could be 13-0 if i focused a little more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)