Serious Corporate Pressure on States for Progressive Stances

What's actually scary about this is that this is the collective health of the population and it is a negative pressure being put on governments to mislabel (or not label at all) to deceive people. Some GMOs are fine-- I think it's disingenuous to state that they're ALL BAD-- but especially when it comes to pesticide use, we are not getting the info we should be. A very far cry indeed from progressive pushes which only affect the socio-cultural aspects of our world, and do not affect everyone's life.

There again, I suppose we can't have our cake and eat it too. :/
I couldn't put it any better myself. It's not that I think GMO can't be good. There is this thing I've heard of called Golden Rice which seems to do exactly what I suggest: make it so vitamins and minerals are part of the deal. Imagine doing that with potatoes and corn, which are hardly the best side dishes (especially corn, which is all sh•t; might as well be eating candy, as my cousin, a very high tier chef, says). They can, if for the right purpose, just like everything else. But we consumers have a right to know what we're eating, especially given that there were studies showing that GMOs made by Monsanto were harmful, to say the very least.

And to make things worse, forcing us to eat them unknowingly while rich people in the know avoid them is the hight of hypocrisy.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
this thread is also not about GMOs, as it is not a "progressive" issue. Please take your anti-GMO crusade elsewhere. Since you all seem so keen to talk about it, just make your own dedicated thread.

this thread is also not about GMOs, as it is not a "progressive" issue. Please take your anti-GMO crusade elsewhere. Since you all seem so keen to talk about it, just make your own dedicated thread.
Oops, didn't mean to get carried away again. Sorry.

And I might take you up on your suggestion sometime on the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)