1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Correction to Fake Out mechanics (and other stuff)

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Unbreakable, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unbreakable

Unbreakable

So I was up last night training my Haxorus to Outrage level, and I realized that two of the daily trainers, Morimoto and Cheren, lead with a Fake Out Liepard. Much to my chagrin, it turns out that Fake Out maintains its superior priority in the face of Sucker Punch and Quick Attack, therefore I must conclude that the information on this site regarding the move is incorrect in that regard. That is to say, the priority of Fake Out does not become +1 in the face of another +1 move used by the opponent. (I don't have anyone with Extremespeed, but in light of this data, I have to hypothesize that Fake Out beats that as well.) So this is a rare case where the simulator has it right and our site has it wrong.

Also, a rarely encountered glitch happened: During a double battle, Haxorus finally learned Outrage, and I overwrote the move I had chosen it to use that turn, Dragon Claw, with that. To my surprise, it still used the move I selected even though it was overwritten.
  2. Great Sage

Great Sage

Fake Out has +3 priority in BW. The level-up thing is known, and is irrelevant to simulator and Wi-Fi battling, since Pokemon do not gain experience in simulator or Wi-Fi battling.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)