Correction to Fake Out mechanics (and other stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was up last night training my Haxorus to Outrage level, and I realized that two of the daily trainers, Morimoto and Cheren, lead with a Fake Out Liepard. Much to my chagrin, it turns out that Fake Out maintains its superior priority in the face of Sucker Punch and Quick Attack, therefore I must conclude that the information on this site regarding the move is incorrect in that regard. That is to say, the priority of Fake Out does not become +1 in the face of another +1 move used by the opponent. (I don't have anyone with Extremespeed, but in light of this data, I have to hypothesize that Fake Out beats that as well.) So this is a rare case where the simulator has it right and our site has it wrong.

Also, a rarely encountered glitch happened: During a double battle, Haxorus finally learned Outrage, and I overwrote the move I had chosen it to use that turn, Dragon Claw, with that. To my surprise, it still used the move I selected even though it was overwritten.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Fake Out has +3 priority in BW. The level-up thing is known, and is irrelevant to simulator and Wi-Fi battling, since Pokemon do not gain experience in simulator or Wi-Fi battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)