1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Cosplays

Discussion in 'VGC' started by SoaringLust, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SoaringLust

SoaringLust

Anyone else surprised about the lack of cosplayers at the VGCs?

At last year's British championships, I saw a Chilli and Cress cosplayer and that was about it really. Not even a Rocket grunt.

Also, still deciding if I should wear my (in-progress) Champion Alder/Adeku cosplay to the VGC '12 or if I should wear my basic male trainer cosplay.
  2. keelhauled

keelhauled

Me and user: Giant Enemy Crab and user: Kinneas will be cosplaying at vgc2012 in birmingham
  3. Ninahaza

Ninahaza You'll always be a part of me
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

the legend

[​IMG]

the Infernape kid
  4. SoaringLust

SoaringLust

Nice. As what if I may ask?
  5. DreamTalon

DreamTalon

I vaguely remember seeing a guy walking around Washington DC in 2011 with a Subway Boss Emmet costume, and in the line at Dallas I saw a guy dressed as Chilan (the 5th Gen Brock of the anime and 1st Gym Leader) and made conversation.
  6. keelhauled

keelhauled

We are going to make a dodrio outfit, and we will each be a head
  7. Unreality

Unreality not hatching shiny values, go away

Last year at San Jose, i saw a male scrafty and what looked like a female shaymin-s

until i saw "her" legs
  8. DreamTalon

DreamTalon

One other thing I've seen that I forgot to mention is that there were a lot of 14/15 year old girls at the event dressed as the female trainer in Black and White...

Lets just say it turned some heads.
  9. Zog

Zog

While I have been considering for some time becoming a magical girl, as Kinneas will happily tell you, it's not happening this year.
    Maybe if you bring that Kyuubey we could get a deal worked out, but I wouldn't get too excited.

Instead, I'm coming dressed as a sexy beast.

Also lol I actually did see a rocket grunt at UK nats last year.
  10. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

There's always a couple knocking about, nothing too special. I seem to recall a guy with a Latios costume on one year? Or am I imagining that from the UK.

I can bet there will be the standard girl as Misty as well, played a rather attractive one in France last year.
  11. Ninahaza

Ninahaza You'll always be a part of me
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

you know, ever since giving sakura con a try, cosplay has been slowly[very slowly] drawing me in.for example; chances of me attending sakura con again this year? very high
    i most likely wont cosplay and just end up having a blast without cosplay on like i did last year. i wouldnt mind having my first cosplay experience be at a vgc event though, the question is "what/whom would i cosplay though?" Brock is not someone i want to cosplay really.........so this makes things hard as far as black characters go

also speaking of last years Sakura con, here are some pictures i took of pokemon cosplay, which by the way was pretty huge. i guess pokemon is just everywhere

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CUTE!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Go, use Psychic. trainer Ninahaza defeated Trainer EVAN.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ha, this guy was pretty funny, hope to see him again if i go this year

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hmm, now we are just crossing into Naruto. lets try that again, back to pokemon

[​IMG]
    hahaha, ok, alright alright, back to pokemon for real this time

[​IMG]
    there's more but i dont want to.......overpost?

anyways yeah, like i said, i really wouldn't mind cosplaying at nationals or worlds but what would i cosplay? hmmm
  12. lucariojr

lucariojr it's nothing to sneasel at
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I remember in Dallas last year there was someone cosplaying as Cilan. He messed up his hair color, but I believe he used a Crustle when I battled him. He also commented on this video if you want to track him down!
  13. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ninhaza.

Post.

Moooooorrrreee!
  14. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Larvitard
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

[​IMG]

I do remember a trainer dressed as Red roaming around the VGC 2011 Atlanta qualifier. He was awesomely dressed indeed!
  15. ultimatedra

ultimatedra

I remember when VGC's first started there was quite a bit of people who would dress in cosplay. I think over time the people realized it is a tournament scene and not a convention. You will see them at Nats and Worlds, but on the local level, cosplayers are pretty uncommon.
  16. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

2nd'd.

Those were awsome pics. More would definetly be good.
  17. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

18. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Let's try to keep this VGC related and not just random cosplay from cons. There's a lot of Pokemon cosplay out there.
  19. Huy

Huy INSTANT BALLS
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Next post that does not related to a VGC event will be infracted.
  20. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Once I went to a TCG event and saw a bunch of cosplayers dressed like Team Plasma.
  21. Superpokemon67

Superpokemon67

I saw a dancer and a Black Belt at VA. They had pretty great costumes, but I haven't seen much otherwise.
  22. Stormfront

Stormfront

I forget which user on here the dancer is, I just know he's a user on here.

That's all I've seen as well though.
  23. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

At UK VGC in 2010 there was a guy dressed as a Zangoose. but he was rather strange. In 2011 in Birmingham I saw a guy dressed as a Bug Catcher. He just had a straw hat and a fishing net with him though. I've seen cosplayers are other Pokémon events but I can't recall many others at the UK VGC's that haven't been said already.
  24. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

Well there was a Jesse(she was putting a lil weight) Cosplayer at Newark in 2010. Though I think she had a tumblr from what my friend told me.
  25. Drifblim

Drifblim

I have worn a Drifloon hat to every VGC I have ever attended. And Halloween a few years back.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)