Could you be your own friend?

That's a tough one, but I doubt it would work. First of all, I'm slightly dense (my common sense isn't the best by a long shot) and I'm very defensive if I feel threatened. I'm also a highly emotional, highly sensitive person who can be sarcastic. I also can't talk well, so sometimes I can come off mean/uncaring, or just downright say things I don't mean. I'd probably give myself a terrible breakdown. I'm also extremely shy, and I have a hard time talking about things I like for fear of being rejected for liking it. This really make conversations difficult for me. Throw in my ADHD too...I'm a mess to be around.

On the other hand, I'm extremely nice and caring, and I've always done my best to help people. I've stayed up before just to talk to people who really needed support. I don't like others in pain, and I'm overly empathetic. I'm also incredibly loyal to those that I care about, and try my absolute hardest for them. So maybe that would balance out the bad.

So I don't think I could be friends with myself - at most it would be an acquaintance - and especially not romantically. I need someone who understands me and what I go through, and who can help me despite what is wrong with me. While understanding is nice, it doesn't help me out, and if anything it'll set me off worse.

Here's an interesting thought:

Would self esteem issues get in the way of you befriending your clone? Since they are a carbon copy of you, if you have a bad opinion of yourself you'd obviously have a bad opinion of them. But would you tell them that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)