Could you please rate my team?

Hey everyone!!! Hope you guys can find some time to rate my white team. This is what it looks like right now

Jellicent@Leftovers
Nature: Bold(+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 50 Spe
Taunt
Surf
Will-o-wisp
Recover

Replaces cofagrigus as part of the defensive core of the team. Seems like a better option with the ev spread and nature making it more of a staller than cofagrigus. Also, with 60 base speed, outspeeds most walls with neutral nature.
Taunt ensures that no status is inflicted on jellicent while will-o-wisp cripples physical attackers while slowly whittling away their HP. Surf can hit fire types for super-effective damage and has pretty good neutral coverage.
Leftovers work well on this set.

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
Nature: Sassy(+SDef, -Spe)
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
Curse
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
Rest

The other wall on my team. It not only has top tier defenses, but a steel typing means it is resistant to a lot of attacks. Again, I've given it maximum bulk with 252 HP EVs and 252 SDef EVs and access to curse means it can boost its defense and also raise its attack at the same time. Apart from that, it powers up gyro ball by lowering its speed. This is also the reason for the -Spe nature.
Gyro ball is the STAB attack of choice as it can have a max base power of 225 with STAB. It can hit really hard after just a couple of uses of curse. Rest is there for recovering HP and restoring status.
It has power whip because my team lacks super-effective attacks against water types. Also, 180 Base power with stab is not bad, considering gyro ball will need the use of curse everytime to be effective.
It has a rocky helmet as its held item which when combined with its iron barbs ability can give physical attackers a really tough time trying to break down this wall.

Excadrill@Air Balloon
Nature: Jolly(+Spe, -SAtk)
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 134 HP / 72 Def / 52 SDef / 252 Spe
Rapid Spin
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide

My designated physical sweeper. With a jolly nature and heavy investment in speed, it can outpace a lot of other pokemon, with base speed below 100 and without a speed boosting nature even if 252 Evs are invested in their speed. Swords Dance doubles his massive attack and STAB earthquake hits everything that doesn't levitate or fly pretty hard.
Rock slide gives him great neutral coverage and adds spin support to the team with rapid spin.
Sand rush ability makes him pretty fast in sandstorms and can outspeed a lot of pokemon with much higher base speed.
Air balloon allows him to surprise ground types and set up with swords dance.

Throh@Sitrus Berry/flame orb
Nature: Careful(+SDef, -SAtk)
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
Bulk Up
Stone Edge
Storm throw
Payback

Replaces eelektross as bulky physical attacker, with nature and evs maximising special bulk and bulk up is on the moveset to increase defense and attack. With a respectable 100 base attack and guts ability, throh is more than capable of breaking down opposing walls who try to cripple it. And its natural bulk allows it to last longer than most fighting types. Also, makes my team more versatile with fighting and dark moves, both of which my team did not have.
Storm throw is a great move as it also hits as a critical hit and cancels out defense boosts of the opponent.
Stone edge kills flying types that switch in trying to take throh out.
Payback does the same against psychic types. Being very slow, throh can make good use of the double power payback gets.
Sitrus berry is for maximising longevity, and is used when throh needs to be a bit more on the defensive, while flame orb allows throh to attack right from the start.

Volcarona@Life Orb
Nature: Bold(+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
Quiver Dance
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power(Rock)

This set aims at making volcarona very bulky so it can last longer and quiver dance allows it to become stronger, faster and bulkier than it already is. Fire Blast and Bug buzz Hit everything but fire types for atleast neutral damage. Hidden power rock allows it to hit fire types and flying types for super-effective damage.
Life Orb powers up volcarona allowing it to hit really hard after just one or two quiver dances, and because it comes at the price of HP, I feel that the extra bulk is necessary. It can serve as both balance as well as do the job of a sweeper if it gets the chance to set up with quiver dance.

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf/Shell Bell
Nature: Modest(+SAtk, -Atk)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 6 Atk
Surf
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
U-turn

Its probably the most stereotyped set for hydreigon but it fits well on my team. This set allows hydreigon to be a powerful special sweeper with STAB 210 base power draco meteor, modest nature and 252 EVs in SAtk. Choice Scarf and 252 Spe EVs make it really fast and it is the fastest pokemon on my team without taking boosts like quiver dance into account. U-Turn helps it get out safely to neutralise the SAtk drop due to draco meteor.
Fire Blast gives coverage against ice types and also allows it to hit steel types for super-effective damage.
Surf is for Steel types that resist fire like Heatran.
Choice Scarf is used most of the time on this set but the fact that it restricts hydreigon to the use of only one move could be a problem. Shell bell helps restore its Hp whenever it inflicts damage and since hydreigon has all attacking moves, the item proves to be pretty useful for increasing hydreigon's longevity.

This is the team I currently have in-game.
My Strategy:
I usually open with hydreigon, which aims to hit hard with draco meteor, unless it comes up against a special wall like chansey or blissey. Since it has u-turn, it can scout effectively.
The Mid-game part is handled by volcarona or jellicent, depending on what is required. If more aggression and power is needed, then volcarona does the job. Jellicent can stall a lot of opponents with the taunt+will-o-wisp combo.
Throh also plays a vital role mid-game by breaking down and walls that may be trying to stall the team.
Excadrill can sweep if allowed the chance to set up with swords dance.
Hydreigon can then come in and clean out whatever is left as it is relatively fresh and draco meteor is once again ready to hit with a lot of power as the SAtk drop gets negated upon switching out.

Please help me decide which pokemon can combine well with each other to form a solid battle subway team for all the competitions there.
If you feel that my team needs changes or has any loopholes which I haven't been able to notice, please let me know so I can make the necessary changes.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man not a bad team you got going here, although without any weather changing Pokemon you're gonna have some significant problem against rain offense, and even sun to a degree. Needless to say, Jellicent is essentially a better choice than Confagricus anyway, but it'll also patch up your weather weakness quite a bit as well. It matches perfectly with Ferrothorn as a defensive core and also fairs well when against stall. It's also a perfect switch in for Jirachi which could be hindering your offensive capabilities if it successfully is spreading paralysis around your team. Other major rain Pokemon like Politoed and Azumarill are stopped cold by this as well. It also wears down Pokemon like Blissey and Slowbro for example, among other stall Pokemon as mentioned above. Here is the set:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature @ Bold
evs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 Spe
Ability @ Water Absorb
-Taunt
-Scald
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

Good luck!

Hey man not a bad team you got going here, although without any weather changing Pokemon you're gonna have some significant problem against rain offense, and even sun to a degree. Needless to say, Jellicent is essentially a better choice than Confagricus anyway, but it'll also patch up your weather weakness quite a bit as well. It matches perfectly with Ferrothorn as a defensive core and also fairs well when against stall. It's also a perfect switch in for Jirachi which could be hindering your offensive capabilities if it successfully is spreading paralysis around your team. Other major rain Pokemon like Politoed and Azumarill are stopped cold by this as well. It also wears down Pokemon like Blissey and Slowbro for example, among other stall Pokemon as mentioned above. Here is the set:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature @ Bold
evs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 Spe
Ability @ Water Absorb
-Taunt
-Scald
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

Good luck!
Thanks! Will try out jellicent. Never used it though. Btw, any suggestions for battle subway? And what about item choice for eelektross if jellicent is using leftovers?

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uhm sorry, but I don't play ingame so hopefully someone else can help you with Battle subway. Also item clause isn't a standard clause so you don't have to worry about it when battling competitively. (Although I'm assuming you're asking since i think Item clause may be used ingame, then I'm not sure about a suitable item replace...Shell Bell maybe? I really don't know)

Brightpower is the evasion item if i dont mistake here, but that is banned on Smogon.

As for the rest this seems like a nice team but braviary and eleektross arent as effective as one would hope them to be.
But if you test them and like them , feel free to use them :)

TIP: Add sprite pictures to the post , makes reading this alot more fun and easier.

Brightpower is the evasion item if i dont mistake here, but that is banned on Smogon.

As for the rest this seems like a nice team but braviary and eleektross arent as effective as one would hope them to be.
But if you test them and like them , feel free to use them :)

TIP: Add sprite pictures to the post , makes reading this alot more fun and easier.
I use bright powder in-game. Could you elaborate a little on the braviary and eelektross sets not being effective.

Uhm sorry, but I don't play ingame so hopefully someone else can help you with Battle subway. Also item clause isn't a standard clause so you don't have to worry about it when battling competitively. (Although I'm assuming you're asking since i think Item clause may be used ingame, then I'm not sure about a suitable item replace...Shell Bell maybe? I really don't know)
Ok. By the way, is it ok to replace scald with Hex on the jellicent set that you suggested?

Well , eleektross has nice typing+ability as he cancels out his only weakness. But other then that his stats and moveset are rather dissappointing. Beeing walled completely by even a skarmory (weak to electricity) .
As with braviary , nice attack but not the best speed and not the best defences.
Ice and thunder are a common type , so it will be easely killed off before it can do what you plan him for to do.
You made him fast with nature and EVs and he still only outspeeds 90 base speed pokemon ? That is very dissappointing if you ask me.

How about Surf? It has a higher base power than scald and will-o-wisp is on the set.
That would work if you like that better.
Also if they use a pokemon with the guts ability against you , you dont accidentually want to burn them with scald , so surf looks like a valuable alternative.

Well , eleektross has nice typing+ability as he cancels out his only weakness. But other then that his stats and moveset are rather dissappointing. Beeing walled completely by even a skarmory (weak to electricity) .
As with braviary , nice attack but not the best speed and not the best defences.
Ice and thunder are a common type , so it will be easely killed off before it can do what you plan him for to do.
You made him fast with nature and EVs and he still only outspeeds 90 base speed pokemon ? That is very dissappointing if you ask me.
So could you suggest some replacements for braviary and eelektross, along with the set, nature and ev spread. Preferably some fast physical attackers with decent bulk from fifth generation.

Well , dragonite with multiscale has been doing miracles.
A set like :
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ablity : Multiscale
Nature: Jolly/Bold/Carefull
Moves : Roost (to keep hp full for multiscale)/Dragon Dance(to boost obviously) , fire punch , outrage, brick break/extreme speed
EVs offensive : 252 attack , 252 speed
EVs bulky: 252 Hp , 252 other evs can be attack , defence , spDef , speed , anything you like really .

If you want to keep a electric type on your team , you could go with a jolteon or electivire . Both have their pro's and cons .
You could also get a spinner for last spot because i think you didnt have that yet and that would HURT volcarona alot!

One more thing:
Cofagrius has the gift of power split. You arent using it yet but you should!
Go with a full defensive EV set like : 252 Hp , 129 def , spdef , bold nature.
Powersplit will lower the enemys attack and special attack , and make yours higher.
After a powersplit you can rest without hesitating or fearing to die before waking up.

Well , dragonite with multiscale has been doing miracles.
A set like :
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ablity : Multiscale
Nature: Jolly/Bold/Carefull
Moves : Roost (to keep hp full for multiscale)/Dragon Dance(to boost obviously) , fire punch , outrage, brick break/extreme speed
EVs offensive : 252 attack , 252 speed
EVs bulky: 252 Hp , 252 other evs can be attack , defence , spDef , speed , anything you like really .

If you want to keep a electric type on your team , you could go with a jolteon or electivire . Both have their pro's and cons .
You could also get a spinner for last spot because i think you didnt have that yet and that would HURT volcarona alot!

One more thing:
Cofagrius has the gift of power split. You arent using it yet but you should!
Go with a full defensive EV set like : 252 Hp , 129 def , spdef , bold nature.
Powersplit will lower the enemys attack and special attack , and make yours higher.
After a powersplit you can rest without hesitating or fearing to die before waking up.
How about excadrill as a spinner? He can replace eelektross, he's faster and has better attack and a prettty good typing with many resistances.
I currently have two sets in mind.

SET 1
Excadrill@Sitrus berry
Nature: Jolly(+Spe, -SAtk)
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 HP
Rapid Spin
Sandstorm
Rock Slide
Earthquake

The jolly nature allows excadrill to narrowly outspeed pokemon with base speed 100 and neutral nature. EV spread increases its mammoth attack stat.
Sandstorm will boost his speed due to sand rush and will also hurt opponents as long as they are not rock, ground or steel. And these three types are normally pretty slow so no need to use sandstorm against them.
Rapid spin support is something I needed so it's on the set
STAB 150 Base power Earthquake hits everything that doesn't levitate or fly pretty hard while rock slide hits those that do.

This set aims at making excadrill fast and capable of hitting without needing to set up, but compromises on bulk. Sitrus berry helps increase excadrill's longevity as he needs to be in there while the sandstorm lasts as none of my other pokemon resist sandstorm.

SET 2

Excadrill@air balloon
Nature : Jolly(+Spe, -SAtk)
Ability : Anything will do
EVs: 252 Spe / 196 HP / 36 Def / 26 SDef
Rapid Spin
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Earthquake

This is a slightly bulkier set with swords dance replacing sandstorm in order to boost attack. It is still pretty fast and can still outspeed 100 base speed pokemon with neutral nature.
The other moves serve the same purpose as the previous set.
air balloon gives immunity to ground moves, especially earthquake, so it can set up with swords dance without having to worry about one of its weaknesses.

Please let me know what you think.
Again, he's replacing eelektross on the team so please consider that too.

I have an excadrill on my sandstorm team in the spinning role too.
With air balloon , its rather gimmicky but it works well.
I used adamant nature because i have sand up so sand rush activates and then he is fast enough.
Using excadrill as a spinner is very unexpected for alot of people so they will switch out alot thinking you will go with EQ or any other moves he has. So he gets alot of opportunities to spin :D
Set i use :
Excadrill @ Air balloon
Ability: Sand rush
Moves : X-scissor (kills psychics/darks) , rock slide , earthquake , rapid spin
Adamant nature , 252 attack 252 speed .

This set works well on a sandstorm team but i doubt it would be effective outside sandstorm so you have to test a bit

Put changes in bold next time , makes it easier to see what you exactly changed because now i really dont see it :D
Sorry about that. I'm new here, so don't know much about posting in forums. By the way, I have made the changes in bold. Please check them out.

The ferrothorn set as it is now is maybe a bit too offensive but i think it can work.
Rest is nice as you cn get rid of a burn. Most people would use leech seed + protect . You can test such a set but i dont think you will like it.

Throh i havent seen yet before, as a physical attacker in fighting style with great bulk it is overshadowed by machamp and conkeldurr.
Maybe get one of those instead if you think throh isnt doing his job.

The ferrothorn set as it is now is maybe a bit too offensive but i think it can work.
Rest is nice as you cn get rid of a burn. Most people would use leech seed + protect . You can test such a set but i dont think you will like it.

Throh i havent seen yet before, as a physical attacker in fighting style with great bulk it is overshadowed by machamp and conkeldurr.
Maybe get one of those instead if you think throh isnt doing his job.
I'll try leech seed+protect. Does ingrain fit in along with them? Also maybe iron defense to replace curse and turn ferrothorn into a staller?
I did consider conkeldurr but i thought storm throw was a great move and since only throh can use it, decided to go with the latter.
If I replace braviary with excadrill, I'll have all weathers covered right?
Plus I'll get a spinner who is apparently the best one around.

Excadrill is a very nice spinner as he forces alot of switches so you get a free rapid spin usually.
Braviary wont work as well as one would hope he does so yeah maybe replace him.
seed + protect works on ferro , but keep atleast one attacking move (power whip would be nice) . and as last spot curse/iron defence would work.
Ingrain isnt bad but instead of leech seed it isn good because leech seed will kill the opponent or force it to switch alot. Where ingrain only heals you and makes it so that you cant be whirlwinded out.
I actually havnt heard of storm throw , but if you say it is that good , then might aswell keep throh.

Excadrill is a very nice spinner as he forces alot of switches so you get a free rapid spin usually.
Braviary wont work as well as one would hope he does so yeah maybe replace him.
seed + protect works on ferro , but keep atleast one attacking move (power whip would be nice) . and as last spot curse/iron defence would work.
Ingrain isnt bad but instead of leech seed it isn good because leech seed will kill the opponent or force it to switch alot. Where ingrain only heals you and makes it so that you cant be whirlwinded out.
I actually havnt heard of storm throw , but if you say it is that good , then might aswell keep throh.
Storm throw is the english name for mountain storm(japanese). It has base power 40 and always results in a critical hit just like frost breath. And since critical hits cancel out boosts of the opponent, it works perfectly as a wall breaker, especially against chansey or blissey.
Only pokemon that annul it are those with shell armor or abilities that prevent critical hits from landing on the pokemon.
On the other hand, throh has a lot lower attack than machamp or conkeldurr.
Wouldn't hurt to test them considering I've never used either of them.
Could you suggest a set for conkeldurr, because I'm trying to build a white only team.

I've never used conkeldurr myself but he has given me a hard time in battle's (harder time as machamp would so conkeldurr over machamp i'd say)

I know it needs the guts ability , 252 HP EV , and 252 Sp.Def i think .
Then bulk up , drain punch , mach punch and payback as moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)