Countdown to XY: A Nostalgia Thread

Day 29: School and lots of homework so I'll have the weekend free! Oh and trying not to have an asthma attack. Being alive is an important component of playing video games.

Day 28: What type combination were you most looking forward to in XY?
I focus more on the designs themselves with the types as an afterthought but Ice/Fire could be interesting.

Day 29: How are you spending your last day of freedom before XY takes over your life?
Same old, namely household chores, work, internet and a spot of gaming. Currently charging my 3DS and about to get something to eat before I go to bed.

Day 28: What type combination were you most looking forward to in XY?
I can't say there were any types I was really looking forward to. Usually I'm just glad when old Pokes get evos, which just happened in the form of Megas this time around. Then again I tend to like Normal types in general, since 8 times out of 10 it means they're at least cute if not useful, so I usually get excited when I see new Normal/Whatever combos.

Day 29: How are you spending your last day of freedom before XY takes over your life?

Work in the morning while I still have some teeny bit of concentration, followed by dinner with the family and my new nephew to remind me of what I'm leaving behind on my journey to Kalos. 'Course, in my mind, I'm already there.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Here is the last question as we approach the official release of Pokémon XY in the US!
Day 30: What is your favorite thing about Pokémon XY?

This thread will stay open so you can answer the question whenever you finish playing through the game.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this thread! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your posts, and I'm sure many other people did as well. Thank you for making it a success!

Definitely sitting on the benches

Pokémon X and Y has so many awesome features, it's not easy pinpointing the best one. Although if I had to make a choice, I would pick Mega Evolution. It's a great way to power up old Pokémon, giving unused Pokémon a new lease on life and giving already powerful Pokémon new weapons to play with. It's a creative idea and definitely one of my favorite things about X and Y. I'm very excited that X and Y is literally right around the corner (and in some parts of the world, already here). This gen is gonna be a great one.

Well, I can't say because it doesn't come out until tomorrow until I live, and I can't play it until the afternoon because of swim practice, so see my answer to question 7.

(Also, unrelated: I am currently IV breeding a Scyther in Black 2 for competitive use. When XY comes out tomorrow. Am I crazy or what?)

Last edited:
Here is the last question as we approach the official release of Pokémon XY in the US!

This thread will stay open so you can answer the question whenever you finish playing through the game.
Probably all of the advances from the previous generations, such as sitting on benches the new fairy type (and other type chart changes), mega evolutions, and, from a less competitive standpoint, roller skates the new graphics.

EDIT: And Goomy. *nod*

Last edited:

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My favorite thing about XY is

Goomy. Most adorable thing I have ever witnessed. Not even Pikachu and friends can match its cuteness. Squish squish.

:3

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Day 1: My first memory of Pokemon was playing Pokemon Stadium with some friends. Ofc I was a complete nubcake.
Day 2: I found and caught a Shiny Raticate in Pearl. "Ermagersh a glitch! Better catch it and show it off :D"
Day 3: Not even close :C
Day 4: My Swampert in Sapphire. I wanted to see how much I could train it before it spontaneously combusted.
Day 5: Pikachu. I like electricity. I like rodents. Match made in heaven. (Dendenne might replace it though...)
Day 6: The Mew behind the truck story. Everything else I haven't heard of.
Day 7: The super-training. I want EVs and I don't want to hunt certain Pokes down.
Day 8: I own a lot of Pikachu stuff. Not a lolworthy amount, but a lot.
Day 9: Unova, because it loops back on itself.
Day 10: Make Pokemon not just a kid's game. If there was a filter that would allow you to change stuff to make it slightly more mature-ish (like Parental Controls), I would approve of it.
Day 11: The Minigame where Magikarp uses Splash.
Day 12: Although I have never played RBY to the point at which I could hear it ingame, the champion battle in those games.
Day 13: They're all right.
Day 14: An iffy question. No, because if I were to never know about Pokemon, I would never have made the friends I have today.
Day 15: Dive. Not just the ruins in Undella town this time, okay?
Day 16: Yes.
Day 17: Destiny Deoxys. Friendship ftw <3
Day 18: Liepard. So much this.
Day 19: Frozen 3 times in a row.
Day 20: Besides learning about the new Pokemon, I didn't spoil myself that much.
Day 21: Get X and/or Y.
Day 22: Youngster Joey. I like his Rattata, it's the strongest of all Rattatas.
Day 23: Chikorita. It just wasn't doing enough damage. I'm sorry Chiko ;-;
Day 24: Dendenne, Buneary, Mew, Shaymin, Goomy, and Pikachu are too close to call.
Day 25: I don't know. I'm getting one though, that's for certain.
Day 26: I like them, even though I mocked them for days about Digimon when they first came out.
Day 27: YES PLEASE DEAR GLOB YES WOOHOO!
Day 28: Electric/Psychic.
Day 29: By doing absolutely nothing.
Day 30: YOU CAN CATCH PIKACHU IN IT!

Now that I have X, I can actually answer this question properly. My favourite part of XY is definitely that Pikachu now actually says "Pika Pika!" when you send it into battle.

(Although it's so French! I get that the region is based on France, but must we have French names for every route and restaurant?)

Day 30:
There were so many little things such as the battle fields you fought on. They were all exactly like the area you where fighting in. Delphox using it's Stick to cast special attacks. Throughout the game there were just lots of little things from the "I like shorts" line or the beautiful environments that make this game, probably one of my favorites.

Also fuck Team Flare. Those guys are fucking evil.

Day 30:
I didn't manage to play it for too long till now, but I can say I like the fact that now Pokemon gain experience even when you catch the pokemon you're fighting against, and not only when you defeat it.

Day 30: That EXP Share. My party is SO overleveled right now it's not even funny, including Pokemon I'm barely even using. Oh and the fact that one of the Psychics I found said my power level was over 9000.

Day 30: That EXP Share. My party is SO overleveled right now it's not even funny, including Pokemon I'm barely even using. Oh and the fact that one of the Psychics I found said my power level was over 9000.
Psychic Robert, I think. I only remember because that's my name, haha. And I'm agreeing with the EXP Share part. It's almost making it too easy. I have some Pokémon about to evolve who I've barely used in battle!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

I'm not getting the games until Christmas... so I'll get back to you on that in 2 months and 9 days. ;_;

I have 6 gym badges now so this is what I think of the game so far:
-The new graphics is amazing!
-I like the fact that the berry patches have returned and that there is a lot of space for berries and that they are quick to grow
-I like the new breeding mechanics (as long as they don't make RNG difficult)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)