Project Counter That Pokemon 2! (Round 12 - Submissions) [Closed?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 8 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

PM me your votes. You can vote for your own submissions.

Vote for your two favorite submissions. Your vote should look like this, with your own selections:

2 Votes: Beedrill

1 Vote: Thundurus
The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 1's fourth Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 26th of December

You may keep discussing candidates during this period. Have fun!

Last edited:
EDIT: A vote was submitted literally seconds after this post was made, Dragalge has been changed to Keldeo.

Team 1 has chosen Choice Specs Keldeo as their fourth Pokemon!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability : Justified
EVs : 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Ice

Submissions for Round 9 will now begin, in which Team 1 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
upload_2015-12-25_23-5-52.png

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Since Team 1 does have hazard support with Latios, Talonflame can check Team 2 once it gets switched in. Keldeo is OHKOed by Brave Bird, Scizor and Bisharp don't want to get burned, and Heatran gets Taunted leaving it to only Lava Plume. EVs go into HP and Attack to take hits and hit back harder.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

This is already the 5th Pokemon so I think it's about time we pick a Mega (read: win condition) or a hazard setter. Mega Diancie is a nice mon to fit on this team because Magic Bounce discourages hazard / status spamming while also checking Talonflame which can easily clean the team. Recall that Heatran has no Flash Cannon so this set easily trolls it. Mega Diancie is also able to clean up the opposing team very easily as the only one that it loses to; Scizor is checked heavily by Gyarados and Keldeo.

I nominate for Team 1

Helmet Garchomp.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp provides an excellent defensive backbone and it sets up rocks on 3/4 pokemon. It has fantastic match up against 3/4 of the pokemon so far and Lati can switch into keldeo and click a powerful pyshock or Gyara can come in and spam t-wave and rest off any potential scald burns.

It does approx 43-53% To Keldeo upon EQ switch in meaning it can reliably solo Team 2's team.
Dragon Tail can also be used to phase and chip damage Keldeo when it tries to switch in as well as being a general usage move to phase out any other potential sweepers bought later in by Team 2. Dragon Claw could potentially be used for extra damage however 3/4 of the team resist dragon and all hate being EQ'd.
Swords Dance is an essential move as the team doesn't have any form of stat increase.

EV's:
92 Spe to outspeed Jolly Sharp, Loom
Rest into Hp and defense to absorb as many hits from Sciz and Sharp

Last edited:
Some thoughts before voting:
1) While Talonflame makes sense because of the hazard support Latios provides and Keldeo helping to check Bisharp, picking it now automatically makes the team 6-0ed by Thundurus. Mega Manectric and Mega Aerodactyl also becomes much more threatening to the team. However, in terms of being able to put in work against the team as it is now, Talonflame is a very good pick.

2) Picking Mega Diancie, while it offers team support, leaves the team in a position to be destroyed by Mega Metagross, Mega Lopunny and Electrics. It also relies on Speed ties with the base 110s such as Lati@s which is dangerous. However, it does a decent job against the current team and discourages status, which provides longevity for Kyu-B and Gyara.

3) Bulky Garchomp - I'll admit this completely slipped my mind as I'm thinking of something more Offensive. A reliable Rocker who can put in work against the team. However, it makes the team 6-0ed by Mega Diancie and Electrics. It also means our only way of beating Lati@s is a Speed tie with our own Lati@s.

Round 9 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

Vote for your two favorite submissions. Your vote should look like this, with your own selections:

The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 1's fifth Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 3rd of January

Team 1 has chosen Helmet Garchomp as their fifth Pokemon!

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail
-Swords Dance

Submissions for Round 10 will now begin, in which Team 2 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Literally every single member of Team 1 is weak to Mega Diancie's STAB Moonblast or Diamond Storm. The fact that Latios carries HP Fire also means Mega Diancie is faster than every single Pokemon on the opponent's team and can OHKO or 2HKO them with its moves. Mega Diancie also gives the team a way to check Talonflame which is fast becoming a problem.

EDIT: After performing some calculations, it seems that DDD Mega Altaria 6-0s this team effortlessly too, especially if it has Heal Bell. It sets up on Garchomp, Gyarados, -2 Latios and Keldeo locked into the wrong move. It also doesn't force you to sack something each time Keldeo comes in.

Last edited:
Your submission is just great buddy :]

Anyway, that's my nom

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Scarf kyurem-b easily outspeed and click stab outrage to see something die. I don't like that neither this or Mdiancie have a ground immunity and it's hard to switch into the opposing chomper who can exploit the presence of scizor and bisharp. But i think we can fix it later or i don't know. Probably not the best nom, but surely it destroys the opposition team 1

Round 10 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 1's fifth Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 10th of January

Team 2 has chosen Mega Diancie as their fifth Pokemon!

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Moonblast
-Diamond Storm
-Earth Power
-Protect

Submissions for Round 11 will now begin, in which Team 2 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

Now it's finally the last mon for Team 2.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I actually wanted to nominate AV Slowking which hardwalls everything on this team except Kyurem-B but I settled on Torn-T instead. With this set, Team 2 has a switch-in to Keldeo (although Hydro Pump still does loads). It is also one of the go-to answers against Mega Venusaur which Team 1 might use to check Mega Diancie. Iron Tail is chosen in the second slot to not have to rely too much on Scizor to beat opposing Mega Diancie. Superpower is not used here because the targets such as Tyranitar, Kyurem-B, Heatran and Bisharp are already checked by other members. Tornadus-T also has U-turn which gives the team some momentum together with Scizor.

Team 2 (or just Random Passerby) has chosen AV Torn-T as their last Pokemon!

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Submissions for Round 12 will now begin, in which Team 1 will be choosing their last Pokemon.

I nominate Mega Aerodactyl for Team 1

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Initially I had opted to put metagross mega as the last mon and then I realised that there was a much better answer to the issue of torn-t plus diancie that didn't get completely owned by pursuit scizor.

Ok so the spread gives aero 376 speed. Just enough to outspeed torn-t.
The 96 in hp just to make it that much more bulkier.

Aerial Ace is an excellent stab move to kill Keldeo and is nice and accurate

Stone edge to destroy tornadus and it merks everything on the team besides bisharp.

Roost for longevity - Also to help with 50-50's with bisharp as jolly shaprs sucker does a max of 71.

Earthquake - Does 93-100 to bisharp and 90-100 vs diancie which is at worst a roll and if rocks are up almost a guaranteed 0hko on sharp and a dead diancie.

Yeah I sorta thought long and hard about this and I think this is the offensive answer to Team 2.

Obviously it doesn't straight win the game for team 1 but it puts in some serious work.

Absolutely nothing on the team takes a stone edge well that can then retaliate without just dying to the next move besides scizor which takes 50%. Scizor's bullet punch flat 0hkoes but it's only taking 2 stone edges (even with misses it isn't taking many).

Yeah I'm really happy with this choice as the last mon for team one, there are other routes to take but nothing smacks Team 2 quite like aero. :)

Last edited:
I nominate SLOWBRO for Team 1

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald/Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam/Surf
I want to nominate this pokebro because its a nice pivot thanks to regenerator and is the perfect answer to Keldeo, Diance and heatran. .With this set, This is a solid switch to Keldeo wich troubles most of the team.
Scald is to spread burns and is really helpful to wear Diance down. Fire blast is to kill opposing steels suck as scizor and bisharp. Psyshock is to hit tornadus therian harder. Ice beam is used as last moveslot . This pokemon shuts keldeo hard and make it pretty useless, sure the enemy can send their bisharp or scizor but u can predict and kill it with fb or just keep spamming scald if your afraid of heatran.

I nominate SLOWBRO for Team 1

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald/Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam/Surf
I want to nominate this pokebro because its a nice pivot thanks to regenerator and is the perfect answer to Keldeo, Diance and heatran. .With this set, This is a solid switch to Keldeo wich troubles most of the team.
Scald is to spread burns and is really helpful to wear Diance down. Fire blast is to kill opposing steels suck as scizor and bisharp. Psyshock is to hit tornadus therian harder. Ice beam is used as last moveslot . This pokemon shuts keldeo hard and make it pretty useless, sure the enemy can send their bisharp or scizor but u can predict and kill it with fb or just keep spamming scald if your afraid of heatran.
Hi, I like the idea of Slowbro as the last mon on the team, however you may as well give it a mega stone because the team has no mega as of yet.
Also giving it slack off over Ice Beam is super important as the recovery on slowbro is what allows it to wall every physical mon in the game.

But yeah those are just some of my thoughts on your nomination :)

Hi, I like the idea of Slowbro as the last mon on the team, however you may as well give it a mega stone because the team has no mega as of yet.
Also giving it slack off over Ice Beam is super important as the recovery on slowbro is what allows it to wall every physical mon in the game.

But yeah those are just some of my thoughts on your nomination :)
Agreed, slapping a stone is always good since the team really needs a mega.
Also, putting Calm mind in addition to slack off should could be an option to think about.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
IV: 30 SpD
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Steel

144 Spe EVs with a Timid Nature allows Mega Manectric to outspeed Tornadus-T after Mega Evolving. Mega Manectric takes very little from any of Torn-T's attacks and can threaten back with Thunderbolt or grab momentum with Volt Switch. Flamethrower allows Mega Man to easily KO Bisharp and Scizor without the SpA drop while Hidden Power Steel takes care of Diancie. 30 SpD IVs gives it Hidden Power Steel.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out the mistake in EVs. Just putting another alternative mon out there instead of only 2 mons.

Last edited:

Manectric @ Manectite
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Steel

240 Spe EVs with a Modest Nature allows Mega Manectric to outspeed Tornadus-T after Mega Evolving. Mega Manectric takes very little from any of Torn-T's attacks and can threaten back with Thunderbolt or grab momentum with Volt Switch. Flamethrower allows Mega Man to easily KO Bisharp and Scizor without the SpA drop while Hidden Power Steel takes care of Diancie.
Really like that idea dude!
Will admit I was kinda keen nominate mane but thought it wasn't going to net the ko on diancie but hp steel.
However you have Ev'd the manectric wrong as max speed modest does not outspeed hasty tornadus and will still need to be ove the timid variety.

The good news is however
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Steel vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 276-328 (114.5 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah so I think changing it to timid is really important otherwise torn is going to fast u-turn chip damage the manectric.

Round 12 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 1's last Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 27th of January

Team 1 has chosen Mega Manectric as their last Pokemon!

Manectric @ Manectite
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
IV: 30 SpD
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Steel

Submissions for Round 13 will now begin, in which Team 2 can change a moveslot on one of their Pokemon.

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Superpower > Iron Tail

Ok so whilst it isn't a really huge deal I think irontail is a superior move overall on torn as there are no fairies on the opposing team that we need to lure and it hits Kyurem nice and hard as well as being a move we can use to revenge kills keldeos without taking the risk of missing on hurricane.

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power Ground
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hidden Power Ground > Iron Tail

Reasoning: There aren't any Fairy types on the opposing team so the only target of Iron Tail is Kyurem-B, which can be dealt with by Scizor and Keldeo. At present, Mega Manectric is a very huge threat so Hidden Power Ground makes Mega Manectric think twice about switching in whenever it wants to as it deals about half to it, which makes whittling it down with entry hazards makes picking it off with priority moves easier. Plus, Torn-T can make it a desperation move to use as it isn't OHKOed by Thunderbolt.

Note: Icy Wind is also an option here as it slows down Mega Manectric but the damage inflicted is very low and the debuff can be removed by switching out anyway so imo, HP Ground is better. Team 2 still needs Team 1 to choke to not get 6-0ed by Mega Manectric, even with this change, however.

Round 12 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

2 Votes: Beedrill U-Turn to X-Scissor

1 Vote: Thundurus Nasty Plot to Thunder Wave
The selection with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 2's new move.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 4th of February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)