Other Counter That Pokemon! (Final Battle Friday @ 12 PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Counter That Pokemon!
approved by Haunter & Subject 18

Welcome to the Counter That Pokemon Project! Last generation, this Project, spearheaded by Ganj4lf and Melee Mewtwo, was a huge success. It brought the community together to build teams, learn about countering specific Pokemon, and most importantly, have fun.

How it works

This project will focus on the construction of two separate teams, both bent on completely countering the other. The way this will be done is simple. Each team will pick a Pokemon one at a time alternating as follows: Team 1 picks, then Team 2 picks, then Team 2 picks, then Team 1 picks, then team 1 again, and so on until both teams have six Pokemon. At the beginning of every round, the Pokemon you pick should be one that does its best to counter the Pokemon (that’s plural btw!) that the other team picked in the previous rounds. This takes considerable amounts of team building skills, as it is important to simultaneously pick Pokemon that can counter whatever the opposing team picks while still trying to maintain synergy and prevent the other team from picking effective counters themselves. NOTE WHEN I SAY TEAM 1 AND TEAM 2, I MEAN THE POKEMON TEAMS. PEOPLE PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROJECT WILL BE ABLE TO DO SO FOR BOTH TEAMS.

Each round will have two periods: a nomination period and a voting period. During the nomination period, new users as well as veterans can nominate whatever Pokemon they feel will best suit the team relative to the opposing team (for the first round, it will just be a Pokemon that Team 1 will want to build around). I encourage people to discuss the different nominations during this time. After all, if we don’t have solid discussions about which Pokemon is best suited for the team, it will be very difficult to pick the best choice. After a few days of nominations, the voting period will begin. Voting will last two days, after which the following round will begin. Only those with a post count greater than or equal to 50 will be allowed to vote. This may seem “elitist” or unfair to newer users, but it is only a measure to prevent people from making alternate accounts or getting their friends to sign up just to vote for their Pokemon (this is not me being paranoid, we actually had this happen last generation).

Once the two teams have been created, I will elect two battlers to have the teams combat each other in a best of three series to see which team has truly countered the other!

Rules

Nominations must be serious in nature. I don’t to see anyone making fake nominations for teams built around Stunfisk or anything of the sort. That being said, if you want to use an underrated Pokemon or one that may be considered “bad” in normal play, yet does a good job countering the opposing team, that is perfectly ok.

No insulting others for their opinions on what Pokemon is best. The standard OU forum rules about flaming apply to this thread as well. If you insult users, you may face infractions, so just be respectful to your fellow users n_n

All nominations must have solid reasoning as to why that Pokemon should be chosen. I’m not asking for a novel, but at least a paragraph explaining why you think your set is best is necessary. Any nomination without an explanation to go with it will be disqualified (don’t worry though I’ll let you know through PM if your description is unsatisfactory and you will be given a chance to expand on it n_n)

Each person only gets one nomination per round. You can't just post three or four counters every round hoping that yours will be picked. Just submit the one you believe is best suited to counter the given Pokemon.

NO SLASHES ALLOWED ON YOUR MOVESETS. Otherwise, the opposing team's "counter" might end up not being a counter at all.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

With that said, I hope you enjoy the first round of Counter That Pokemon!

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Trait: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
-Power Whip
-Thunder Wave
-Leech Seed
-Knock Off

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
U-turn

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 112 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 240 Atk / 16 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
I'll snag the first second post to to help everyone get started with their nominations. The first one is usually pretty tough, because you don't really have anything to "counter" yet. Instead, you have to choose a Pokemon that lends itself to a multitude of styles while also being decently difficult to counter (or rather that has easily exploitable counters). I nominate Landorus-I for the first Pokemon!

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Landorus-I is the perfect Pokemon for this type of project. Not only is it a formidable Pokemon in the sense that it can do a lot of damage to almost the entire tier, it is also one with very exploitable counters. If the opposing team chooses to use Chansey, it can be over powered with Calm Mind and overloaded with other special attackers. If they choose Latias or Latios, Team 1 can choose Bisharp or Aegislash to easily Pursuit trap it. Landorus also finds itself being able to fit onto many different playstles including HO, Bulky Offense, and Balance. On the whole, I see Landorus and being a very good place to start. Note that I didn't choose Knock Off Landorus because it would essentially be useless. The other team will never pick Chansey if they know Landorus-I has Knock Off! This is the kind of thinking you need to have with your nominations!

Last edited:

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
I'll snag the first post to to help everyone get started with their nominations. The first one is usually pretty tough, because you don't really have anything to "counter" yet. Instead, you have to choose a Pokemon that lends itself to a multitude of styles while also being decently difficult to counter (or rather that has easily exploitable counters). I nominate Landorus-I for the first Pokemon!

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Landorus-I is the perfect Pokemon for this type of project. Not only is it a formidable Pokemon in the sense that it can do a lot of damage to almost the entire tier, it is also one with very exploitable counters. If the opposing team chooses to use Chansey, it can be over powered with Calm Mind and overloaded with other special attackers. If they choose Latias or Latios, Team 1 can choose Bisharp or Aegislash to easily Pursuit trap it. Landorus also finds itself being able to fit onto many different playstles including HO, Bulky Offense, and Balance. On the whole, I see Landorus and being a very good place to start. Note that I didn't choose Knock Off Landorus because it would essentially be useless. The other team will never pick Chansey if they know Landorus-I has Knock Off! This is the kind of thinking you need to have with your nominations!
Correct me if I'm not seeing right, but you have a Naive nature despite the fact you have all special moves...? Or is that the idea?

I'm a little confused, will it be us making Team 1 or will it be you?

Other than that, the idea is really cool.
The community makes two teams meant to counter each other. So for the first phase you would nominate a Pokemon that team 1 would use. Then you would nominate a pokemon for team 2, this goes back and forth until you have two teams that are build to counter each other.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
I'm a little confused, will it be us making Team 1 or will it be you?

Other than that, the idea is really cool.
Sorry, I know this is a confusing concept. It will go like this: everyone who wishes to participate will be able to for both teams. By that I mean, everyone will make nominations for both Team 1 and Team 2. My first post is one nomination, but anyone is able to make posts about what they think should be the chosen Pokemon. So rounds will go like this

Nomination period: everyone who wants to nominates a pokemon for Team 1 to build around, and we all discuss what we think is the best one

Voting period: everyone with 50 or more posts votes on which Pokemon they want to be chosen, the one with the most votes wins that round and becomes a part of Team 1

Nomination period: People nominate a Pokemon to counter Team 1's pick. You don't have to choose between team 1 or 2, you can contribute to both :]

Voting Period: Same as before

Nomination period: Now Team 2 gets to pick their second Pokemon YES VOTING WILL ALTERNATE IN THIS WAY 1->2->2->1->1->2->2 and so on until all six Pokemon are chosen.

Again, if you have any more questions, please PM me and I will try to explain in a less confusing way n_n

Also, good catch on the Naive thing, I just copied it from a Knock Off Landorus I was using and forgot to change the natures back.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Alright, let me nom this bad boy.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 88 Atk / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Iron Head

Autotomize + Weakness Policy Aegislash is pretty damn amazing at being a late-game sweeper / cleaner. Now, Aegislash is already an amazing Pokémon due to it bringing a myriad of useful resistances to his team while also being a fantastic Mixed Attacker. Aegislash fits in to a lot of playstyles easily, including Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, & even Semi-Stall as a late-game cleaner, as mentioned before. The coverage moves are pretty self explanatory. Hidden Power Ice blows away the likes of Garchomp, Landorus-T, & Gliscor like there's no tomorrow & Iron Head smashes Fairies into next week. Overall, I think this would be a good place to start, based on the fact that this is such an underrated set & needs more use than it gets.

A Mega Mawile Nomination is a Successful Domination~

E X P L A N A T I O N
As far as MEvo's go in the XY OU metagame, few can place as much offensive pressure as Mega Mawile can. It's ridiculously good typing is only augmented by its monsterous Attack stat which is the highest in the entire game. Possessing a good movepool alongside some decent bulk is just the icing on the cake for this little 'mon.
So without further ado, here's the set:

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 HP / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

As far as counters go, Mega Mawile has very few ; utilizing this heavy hitting Pokemon will force the opposing team to a pretty limited list to choose from, if they wish to have a reliable answer for Mega Mawile. Mega Venusaur will force the team to waste their Mega Evolution, while Skarmory and Ferrothorn are easily taken advantage of by the countless offensive 'mons that exist in the OU metagame.
Mega Mawile has great potential in being able to fit into almost any team archetype. From Hyper Offense to Balanced, Mega Mawile has the capability to fit in effortlessly and execute its job efficiently. The Swords Dance variant is amazing for either wall-breaking or sweeping the opposing team once it has been sufficiently weakened. The ability to play two roles in one set is quite a feat.
To sum it up, Mega Mawile makes a fantastic first pick not only because of its flexibility but also because it has very few counters and forces the opposing team to choose from a limited list if they wish to have a reliable answer to Mega Mawile.

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That's funny. I was going to nominate Landorus-I too, but with this set:

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Gravity

Gravity Landorus is very useful now. This is mainly because of its ability to hit common counters to it, such as Rotom-W, as well as other common levitators/flying types, such as Mandibuzz, Skarmory, Talonflame, Rotom-H, Air Balloon Pokemon, such as Heatran, and much more extremely hard with STAB Earth Power coming off of 556 Special Attack. Also worth noting is that gravity raises Focus Miss Blast's accuracy to 100%, allowing Landorus to clean up team much more reliably. Yes, Calm Mind Landorus does have the ability to beat the blobs, but this Landorus, in my opinion, is more useful. With one turn setting up gravity, the opponent's hopes that Rotom-W, Heatran, and Skarmory will be able to handle Landorus will be shattered, and it will very possibly have a successful sweep.

Also, Halcyon., TheShellderSmuggler is right. Why does your Landorus have 4 attack EV's and a Naive nature if it isn't running any physical moves?

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Ok I'll also start commenting on some of the other nominations to show you how I think this should be done n_n

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 88 Atk / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Iron Head
This is certainly an interesting option, and I don't want you to think that I'm shutting it down with what I'm about to say, just sharing some concerns That I have with the set in this type of project. This seems like the kind of thing that works better when the opponent doesn't know what's coming. In other words, I feel like it won't be as effective since Team 2 can pick something that either outright OHKOs it before Weakness Policy can connect, or something like Whirlwind Mandibuzz, which won't care either way. Again, I don't want to seem like I'm saying this is a bad choice, because it could very well work, it just seems like the kind of Pokemon that relies more on surprise factor than anything else to be effective. Interesting choice though, thank you!

A Mega Mawile Nomination is a Successful Domination~

E X P L A N A T I O N
As far as MEvo's go in the XY OU metagame, few can place as much offensive pressure as Mega Mawile can. It's ridiculously good typing is only augmented by its monsterous Attack stat which is the highest in the entire game. Possessing a good movepool alongside some decent bulk is just the icing on the cake for this little 'mon.
So without further ado, here's the set:

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 HP / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance / Substitute

As far as counters go, Mega Mawile has very few ; utilizing this heavy hitting Pokemon will force the opposing team to a pretty limited list to choose from, if they wish to have a reliable answer for Mega Mawile. Mega Venusaur will force the team to waste their Mega Evolution, while Skarmory and Ferrothorn are easily taken advantage of by the countless offensive 'mons that exist in the OU metagame.
Mega Mawile has great potential in being able to fit into almost any team archetype. From Hyper Offense to Balanced, Mega Mawile has the capability to fit in effortlessly and execute its job efficiently. The beauty of the last slot is that, depending on the team style preference and needs, either choice is perfectly viable. Swords Dance turns Mega Mawile into a legitimate wall-breaker and potential game closer for the team, while Substitute simply wrecks all of Mega Mawile's would be checks.
To sum it up, Mega Mawile makes a fantastic first pick not only because of its flexibility but also because it has very few counters and forces the opposing team to choose from a limited list if they wish to have a reliable answer to Mega Mawile.
You know as well as I that Mega Mawile is one of the biggest threats around, and this is definitely a viable choice, but it's kind of a risky pick for a round 1 Pokemon, especially since it's a Mega. This means that we will now be unable to pick any other Mega Pokemon for thr rest of the project, which limits out team options. It also has a lot of checks that can be easily loaded onto a single team without overlapping roles (ie, a team can have Heatran, Garchomp, and Keldeo without being overly concerned with Mawile. In other words, these are all easy Pokemon to fit on a team to naturally counter Mawile). Still, like I said with Dr Ciel, don't think this is me saying this is a bad choice, I'm merely sharing my concerns from the perspective of this project.

Also, as a side note, I forgot to mention that you can't have slashes on these movesets, otherwise people would be able to switch things up at the end to make sure the opponent's counters weren't actually counters (think Extrasensory/HP Grass on Greninja or Earthquake/Roost on Zard X letting it choose its counters)! So please no slashing on these movesets. I'll be sure to add this to the OP.

Keep 'em coming guys!

I was thinking of win conditions where the opposing counter is easy to eliminate while not eroding our options by picking something like a Mega right off the bat. So sorry if this is a little "out there" as a nomination.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 124 Spd / 252 Atk / 132 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

While some say that Haxorus is "outclassed" as a dragon-dancer its claim to fame is its ability of Mold Breaker which negates Levitate, Multiscale and most importantly Unaware. While all other dragons are shut down by Unaware cores Haxorus can push through. Unlike Mega-Gyarados who I was also heavily considering nominating Haxorus can carry a Lum Berry which allows to set up in the face of scalders and sweep even if the opponents Thundurus-I is still alive. Haxorus's has an incredibly high attack stat as well and can hold its own as a wallbreaker. Overall Haxorus is IMO an interesting and unexpected choice who can be very good given the shape of the current metagame and limits team 2's defensive options by making an Unaware core worthless.

As a summary: Haxorus is a very solid first pick as it has very few defensive answers because of Mold Breaker and it can function in multiple roles
(wallbreaker and DD-Sweeper) thanks to its high attack state.

Last edited:
Just a question, does each team pick their pokemon in alternating orders for each round? This would prevent the second team from having any inherit advantage.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Just a question, does each team pick their pokemon in alternating orders for each round? This would prevent the second team from having any inherit advantage.
1 2 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 2 2 1

This is how the picking will happen. The reason for this is because Team 2 does (as you said) have an inherent advantage since they get the first counter. However, Team 1 also gets the last pick, which means they get to counter the entirety of Team 2, which evens things out considerably. I hope that answers your question.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This.

Meet Dragon Dance Mega-Tyranitar, one of the strongest and bulkiest megas around. He's a solid wincon, and a such a good starting point for the team. He has the raw power to smack shit around, and the bulk to take some hits. He may have somewhat lackluster Speed, but with his bulk he can easily set up a Dragon Dance turning him into a threat easily.

Dragon Dance is the star of the set; with it he can outspeed most of the unboosted meta while at the same time boosting his Attack stat to dangerous levels. Crunch is the STAB move and the move to use in situations when the last two moves don't hit Super-effectively. Earthquake and Ice Punch is godly coverage, resisted only by very few (lol Surskit) and hits a lot for SE such as Landorus(-T), Dragonite, and Bisharp.

IMO, this is a good choice for a starting point for this project. Tyranitar is easy to build around, and most of his his counters can be dealt with without being too overspecialized (Talonflame can still RK while still beating Breloom and Conk, Latios can be a Defogger, etc.).

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Here's what I'd like to suggest:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Azumarill has only gotten better with every passing generation. Now that it can use Belly Drum and Aqua Jet together, and has a secondary STAB, it is finally a terror to behold in OU. This Azumarill can find itself on teams from HO to bulky offense to balance, and doesn't have very many counters. Waterfall is used over Superpower because with Superpower, any Pokemon with priority has a much easier time countering Azumarill. The only other physical Fairy is Mega Mawile, who uses up a Mega slot and as so isn't the best choice for the first mon. If we force the opponent to use their Mega slot on turn 1 by picking Mega Venusaur, so much the better, as their opitions are much more limited.

Blastoise@Blastoisite
Mega Launcher
Modest 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spd
~ Hydro Pump
~ Aura Sphere
~ Dark Pulse
~ Dragon Pulse

Mega Blastoise I think would make a good base line due to his general well roundedness, and an all out attacker set keeps it simple to work off of. Water typing with solid 78/120/115 defenses makes for one durable mofo. Mega Launcher combined with a great 135 SpA stat and pretty good coverage means viable switch ins are few and far between that can't get 2HKO by something. Hydro Pump is still your strongest move even if it's not boosted by Mega Launcher. All your other moves get buffed by Mega Launcher, meaning all of your attacks have effective BP over 100. the 20 Spd helps you outrun neutral base 80 like Dragonite and Mega Venusaur. Dragon Pulse is used over Ice Beam since it takes out CharX like that, and Ice Beam isn't super effective against Mega Venusaur anyway, one of the few Grass types you're likely to run into. Ferrothorn is handled by Aura Sphere, and Breloom is just too frail. No matter what four moves you pick you can't cover everything though. And that's what this thread will demonstrate!

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs : 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Tail Glow Manaphy seems like a good place to start. The set I'm proposing seems more like a lure than a sweeper, but I like how self-sufficient it is for the most part in that it can handle some of its own biggest problems. With Wacan Berry and Psychic, Manaphy can stave off Thundurus, Rotom-W, Mega Venusaur, and Assault Vest Conkeldurr in one fell swoop, while still being a legitimate and powerful threat that can blast a hole or two in the opposition. While Team 2 knows what's coming, it does mean they'll have to resort to other, less immediately powerful / threatening options to stop Manaphy.

I will nominate a very safe albeit boring one.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 44 Spd / 252 Def / 212 HP
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I guess I'm nominating this guy because of how splashable Rotom-W is to any team, while holding its own weight and some against a lot of top-tier threats. 44 speed EVs are to outspeed Jolly Azu(if im not mistaken) and min speed Lando-T.

Last edited:
The first poke needs to be one that puts pressure in team 2, often obligating them to choose a specific counter or something that just checks it, like CB Terrakion did in the last one. Gravity landorus or mega pinsir/charizard X would be perfect, although Mega Tyranitar and Haxorus seems very appealing to me, too.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know Landorus has been posted twice already but they all play really differently.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

So we all know that Landorus can hit a large portion of Pokemon in the tier hard with appropriate coverage moves, and nothing is really safe switching in. When you think of Lando counters, you think of Chansey and Lati@s. However with U-turn these Pokemon can be taken advantage of because momentum is gained in addition to being able to wear down Chansey and trap Lati twins without any risk of doubles. The nice thing about this is that unlike the CM set, team 2 has to be really pressurized when trying to beat this because they can't freely switch in their wall to double out and Lando's coverage is good enough that switching in something else is risky. Good partners would include things that pressurize Chansey, such as Fighting-types, things that pressurize Latis eg. Aegislash or Bisharp. Volt turning teammates are also interesting. Entry hazard support is also nice to wear down Chansey which can't switch in all the time.

I'm going to offer up an underrated and fun mon:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

I think this set is a good choice for a project such as this because it keeps many avenues open. Essentially, it won't limit teambuilding too much around any one playstyle which will allow for greater maneuverability in countering Team 2's choices, particularly when it comes to the all important final choice. Unaware Clefable can check a surprisingly large amount of offensive threats, while at the same time acting as a pretty darn good late game sweeper.

Last edited:
You know as well as I that Mega Mawile is one of the biggest threats around, and this is definitely a viable choice, but it's kind of a risky pick for a round 1 Pokemon, especially since it's a Mega. This means that we will now be unable to pick any other Mega Pokemon for thr rest of the project, which limits out team options.
Were you guys even listening?
Why are you suggesting so many megas?You'll have lots of chances later.

My suggestion is Daiguren's Rotom-w

Hmm How about CrashinBoomBang's Dnite?

216 HP,64 Atk and 228 Sp.def
-Roost
-Dragon Claw
-Extreme speed
-Earth quake

I would like to nominate the following set:

Ability: Pressure
Evs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Nature: Timid
Item: Assault Vest
- Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball
Raikou is a highly underrated mon in the current meta that fits the project well - it adds bulk, acts as a good pivot, and does not restrict teambuilding much, while also offering a good stop to popular threats such as Thundurus-I. While it does not pressure Team 2 as much as , for instance, Landorus-I, it allows us much more flexibility and can easily form good cores.

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to nom Deoxys-S:

@

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam

It can hit a lot of things in the metagame with the moves.
Psycho Boost hits really hard, and hits stuff like Mega-Venusaur, Keldeo, Hawlucha, and Breloom.
Superpower can hit things that are coming in on the switch, like Ttar, Heatran, or Excadrill. Knock Off is a very useful move that can be spammed around to some extent without fear and knocking off items to potentially cripple other mons.
Ice Beam is for hitting Lando-T, Dragons, and Zapdos.
It's fraility is made up for by it's high speed, which allows it to outspeed non-priority mons and sometimes kill them or pick weakened mons off.
Of course, although it is priority weak, it can switch to something which can take them.
It also can be easily saced after killing what it needs to kill, which is done quite quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)