Counter that Pokemon - Mk III [Silvershadow234 vs. New Breed]

I'm not gonna touch mine.

Absol can definitely destroy both of them, and gets passed that damn Trick Room with a powerful super effective STAB priority move. However, it can't switch in reliably unless Slowking used Psyshock/Trick Room or Escavalier used Pursuit. Your attacks are also extremely predictable against both of them, so you have to make that risky prediction as to whether or not it's gonna stay or switch.

Medicham is certainly very powerful and can deal with both while in, however it can only switch in on Slowking (or a pursuing Escavalier), and even then it would barely survive (against Slowking). Also, if Trick Room is active, you've signed your death warrant.

Manectric is an excellent revenge killer, very fast for the tier with two good moves to OHKO each. However, unless it's switching in on an Iron Heading Escavalier, it will die or (in Slowking's case) go down to the 20's at least, leaving you with only one or two attacks before death and possibly DOA with hazards. Also, assuming he already attacked, you only have a 2/3 chance of OHKOing Slowking. Also countered by Trick Room.

Quagsire is an excellent switch-in option, although that's about it. It can handle Escavalier pretty well, but doesn't really do much against Slowking.

Druddigon...I'm sorry, but that set is just bad. Give it back its speed IVs, replace Thunder Punch with Sucker Punch (allows you to bypass Trick Room and hit Slowking for super effective, also more useful overall and still gives you perfect coverage), replace Flamethrower with Fire Fang, make it Adamant, and take the EVs out of Satk and put them back into HP (Fire Fang with Sheer Force and max+ Atk does more than Flamethrower with your set).

Qwilfish is great for switching in, especially on Escavalier, due to its key resistances, bulk, and attack-destroying ability. However, it can't do much while it's in against Slowking, who can take out 80-90% hp in one hit. Solid aside from that, though.

Magneton absolutely destroys Escavalier, but not so much Slowking. It has nothing to get past Trick Room and it takes massive damage unless it uses Psyshock. Also, the sub is kinda useless. I'd recommend switching it with Flash Cannon.

ss234

bop.
Cherub Agent's Absol

Absol is an excellent way to break through the Escavalier / Slowking core, and also provides an excellent form of priority. It also is very difficult to switch into thanks to its coverage and power.

The only other options worth considering IMO are Manectric, Magneton and Qwilfish. Although Qwilfish can counter Esca and provides entry hazards, ccat pokemon really need to keep up the offensive pressure, and qwilfish also allows slowking in for free. I also feel that Manectric and Magneton are too easy to take advantage of(i.e. rhydon, nidoqueen etc. can come in on a tbolt and start to wreck things with their powerful moves).

Cherub Agent's Absol

Absol not only can deal pretty good with Slowking and Escavalier, also provides for team 1 a very good wallbreaker and really strongth priority move that any team benefits from it.

Also comparing Absol with the other options, I think are pretty mediocre or inviable, besides Manectric, but it doesnt seem as great as Absol imo.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
The Quagsire, they screw my team over fairly frequently, as I can only hit it with manectric's HP grass.

Cherub Agent's Absol, because I think it gets the job done the best out of the things I can vote for and I've already thought of an amazing counter for it.

OK I'm going to close the voting period now as Absol's winning by a landslide ^.^
You guys know the drill, start submitting another Pokemon for Team 1! I'd now really suggest adding some bulk, possibly some VolTurn to bring Absol and Accelgor in safely. entry hazards might also not be a bad idea.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
@ Black sludge
Ability: Intimidate
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Thunder wave
-Destiny bond
252 HP/232 speed/24 Def
Nature: Jolly

A little different to the standard Qwilfish set, This qwilfish brings in bulk and power to the team by first paralyzing the opponent so it out-speeds it, then it sets up as many spikes as it can, and on the turn before it is about to die it uses destiny bond to bring down the attack with it.

Did I hear someone asking for a pivot?

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 2 Spd
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Amoonguss here is an amazing partner for Accelgor and Absol. He has a pivotal role in getting them in safely, due to his natural bulk, decent offensive presence, and amazing ability in Regenerator which allows him to keep doing the job over and over again. Spore completely cripples one Pokemon, and Stun Spore cripples the rest and helps with Absol's mediocre speed. EVs, Nature, and IVs are designed so he can speed tie with Slowking, and he outspeeds Escavelier inside a Trick Room. He also keeps some big offensive pressure on both of them with Giga Drain for King and HpFire on escavelier, and Black Sludge is essentially a better lefties on him.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure running 0 Spd IVs results in a base 70 HP Fire. Otherwise I like the Amoonguss set.
Thunder Wave and Stun Spore makes Pokemon faster under Trick Room, so idk...

One thing I'd like to note is Taunt, which totally screws up Trick Room setters and Slowking and Escavalier are definitely not sweeping if they don't get Trick Room up.

EDIT: celever became a ninja and edited his post to fit in Taunt...

I'm not sure running 0 Spd IVs results in a base 70 HP Fire. Otherwise I like the Amoonguss set.
Thunder Wave and Stun Spore makes Pokemon faster under Trick Room, so idk...
Ugh, I think you're right. I'll put the IV's back on, but still a little worried about how that'll play against Slowking and Escavelier.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, I think you're right. I'll put the IV's back on, but still a little worried about how that'll play against Slowking and Escavelier.
Put 2 Speed IVs if you really have to, that's the lowest for a base 70 HP Fire. Unless you are fine with working with a base 64 HP Fire, but...

Put 2 Speed IVs if you really have to, that's the lowest for a base 70 HP Fire. Unless you are fine with working with a base 64 HP Fire, but...
Ran some calcs and a 70bp Hpfire 2hkos escavelier, and 64 bp 3hkos escavalier.
56SpAtk Amoonguss (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) vs 252HP/8SpDef Escavalier (Neutral): 47% - 56% (164 - 196 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 21% chance to 2HKO.

56SpAtk Amoonguss (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) vs 252HP/8SpDef Escavalier (Neutral): 52% - 61% (180 - 212 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

ss234

bop.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Golurk is a great partner for both Absol and Accelgor, as it can dominate the fighting types that can cause Absol trouble, and dish out heavy damage to Escavalier with Earthquake and can destroy Slowking with Shadow Punch. Although it doesn't pack entry hazards, it keeps up the offensive pressure of Absol and Accelgor and brings some great resistances to the table and some much needed bulk.

ATM escavalier still gets a kill on every switch in. However the poke I'm going to nominate can ohko escavalier easily, switch in and often kill slowking too.

Emboar @ Choice band
212hp/252 attack/44 speed Adament
Flare blitz
Wild charge
Head smash
Superpower

Say hello to one heck of a wallbreaker. "Hi Emboar." he can ohko a lot of the metagame and those it can ohko it can often 2hko. It can also switch in easily on any move other than return from escavalier and then kill it or kill the slowking switch in with wild charge. Altaria gets owned by head smash and between it's moves it has, I think, perfect coverage. It also handily resists fire so accelegor has a wait of his shoulders.
We can obviously pick pokes with volt-turn and hazards with our next picks as only lanturn can actually beat some slowking and give momentum but in doing so it switches out and has to switch in a poke to die before getting another shot at killing it. Rotom-C is a great partner for Emboar as it beats some of emboars checks and absol beats the others.
Team 2 will honestly struggle to find a poke that can beat this outside of max hp/max hp alomonola. That would mean two waters and therefore a double electric weakness. They would have to resort to checks IMO and most of them are taken care of by absol, double up on weakness or are worn down easily.

Druddigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Since team 1 is using Accelgor, it's going to want something to break walls to help Accelgor sweep late-game. Druddigon does that well AND sets up Stealth Rock to help wear down the opposing team. It can also perform well under Trick Room and use Fire Punch for Escavalier. Sucker Punch can help deal with Slowking better but idk if Earthquake will be more useful in the long run. You guys can discuss which is better and I'll edit my post.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs 252 HP / 252 Satk / 4 Sdef
IVs 30 Spd
Modest nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Introducing, Magneton. Not only is he able to reliably switch in on both Escavalier and Slowking with his Eviolite-boosted bulk, but he can also hit for super effective on both. His Magnet Pull is what really clinches it, all but automatically killing an Escavalier with no moves it doesn't resist. It can also Volt Switch to let Accelgor/Absol in safely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)