Counter that Pokemon - Mk III [Silvershadow234 vs. New Breed]

Tbh I don't see what pilot wine had over sandslash except priority but never mind. The poke I'm going to pick beats everything If locked into the right move and is very hard to switch into.

Exeggutor @ choice specs @ chlorophyll
248hp 252 special attack 8 speed @ modest
Leaf storm/Solar Beam
Psychic
Hidden Power [Fire]
Giga Drain

I'm allowed to use that / right as its an weather based move? If not its leaf storm.

This poke can beat every member one on one taking little damage from most of slowking's moves while walling hitmonlee and easily ohkoing them with any move. Piloswine oviously dies to leaf storm or giga drain. It ohkos escavalier with hp fire and hitmonlee will only dream of (and that'd be a nightmare) taking a psychic. This poke stops their late-game sweeper immediately so they aren't sweeping with our eggs around.
This poke would appreciate druddigon to set up rocks early to secure the ohko on slowking with giga drain. Basically this means that a sweeper that easily beats piloswine would be great like Feraligatr or any other poke. It doesn't really matter though as accelegor now has a use and isn't a free kill for escavalier (it still is but now it can kill something). Executor also means that the team 2 player may need to be a little riskier with escavalier so a team member doesnt die then bam hp fire gg escavalier and accelegor now has a free reign.

You can use SolarBeam, however there's nothing that has sunny day on either team so I wouldn't recommend it.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Hi Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- ThunderPunch
- Bullet Punch

Medicham is known for being one of the most powerful Pokemon in the game, and this set more than upholds its reputation. With this set, it can always OHKO anything but Slowking (who can be finished off with BP and usually its own life orb), and outspeeds everything but Hitmonlee (who needs Fighting Gem to do any significant damage). The only way this thing can be stopped (aside from a Hi Jump Miss) is if Slowking is already in at 100% heath, it doesn't OHKO, it surfs, (or if Hitmonlee is already in and uses CC with a Fighting Gem), dies, brings in Piloswine, and use Ice Shard, and even then it would require the death of 2 Pokemon and 30-40% of Piloswine's health. Needles to say, this is just the Monster we need.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Taunt

We need a check to hitmonlee because right now after unburden boost it outspeeds and destroys everything. i think that we also could really benefit from spikes when facing a team with both slowking and escavalier on it. for this reason i suggest we get qwilfish on board.

qwilfish is great on offense because of his ability to wall a huge spectrum of physical threats, hitmonlee and escavalier being some of them. unless your opponent is packing a lot of electric, grass, and ground STAB, this thing will be able to switch in and start setting up spikes or crippling everything in sight with t-wave and taunt. intimidate is just a sick utility ability for offense teams; you're practically putting up reflect and threatening hazards in the same turn. adding qwilfish will also discourage much attempts at abusing fire types, which helps accelgor sweep more easily.

ss234

bop.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet / Hidden Power Grass

Samurott is a great answer to Piloswine, cleanly 1HKO ing it with Hydro Pump. Rott is also one of the few special attacking water types to be able to hit slowking hard with megahorn, which is very useful for team 1 as it wouldn't be good if they have a poke that is hard countered by something on team 2. Samurott is very difficult to switch in on due to its great coverage and incredibly powerful STAB's, and puts immense pressure on team 2 whenever they bring out piloswine. Aqua Jet is prolly better here because it helps a bit vs. lee if it is sufficiently weakened as well as generally being useful to revenge kill speedy threats if weak enough. HP grass is fairly pointless on rott anyway, since lanturn is unlikely to be chosen considering it overlaps with king and HP grass is basically just for lanturn.

no, HP Grass offers the more powerful hit on lanturn and alomomola, which is crucial.
EDIT @ below: hence why silvershadw slashed aqua jet first

But why would we use a grass move considering it will be for water types and team 2 already has a slowking which gets hit hard by megahorn. The aqua jet would help vs hitmonlee too but unlike the other pokes listed samurot doesn't beat hitmonlee one on one.
Edit: Just pointing it out.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 HP / 56 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch

Golurk is a excelent pokemon for team 1, is a excelent hitmonlee counter (252+ Atk Hitmonlee Earthquake vs. 200 HP / 56 Def Golurk: 127-150 (34.41 - 40.65%) -- 56.03% chance to 3HKO) and set up substitute, golurk kills a pokemon, piloswine OHKO with focus punch before SR, slowking 2HKO with shadow punch and escavalier is killed with focus punch and earthquake, a underrated pokemon in RU and very powerful with very few counters

PD: can tell me a better EV spread?

Uh-oh it seems like a scizor repeat from the last ctp battle. Samurott can't take a hit from escavalier or ohko it and that was scizor to Landorus. It doesn't effectively beat any poke bar piloswine and maybe slowking. Scizor could only get a sd up on Heracross and Mamoswine.
Qwilifish is hard countered by slowking and isn't at all hard to come in on. The plus though is it beats escavalier and hitmonlee. Without recovery though it will be worn down and will lose to repeated hard hits.
Golurk is a decent choice but where is it getting up a sub? Escavalier 2hkos with iron head, slowking 1hkos with surf, piloswine 2hkos with icicle crash (I think) and hitmonlee breaks subs with eq. It doesn't ohko escavalier either which is a letdown but it forces team 2 to pick pokes that aren't walled by it.
Medicham is a poke which will probably do well with a problem that Exeggutor share. They both are countered by some of the same pokes but they easily beat team 2. I prefer Exeggutor as it can lure and ko escavalier meaning accelegor beats team 2. It can then spam leaf storm and get a ko every time it switches in. Medicham does the same except it pulls of a mini sweep rather than getting a ko on every switch. I still think these 2 are the best though as they both are hard to counter and effectively beat team 2.
I'm going to save my vote though just invade there's a scizor repeat.

I still think these 2 are the best though as they both are hard to counter and effectively beat team 2.
I'm going to save my vote though just invade there's a scizor repeat.
Your not really pointing out any of the flaws that Exeggutor has, first of all for Exeggutor to beat Escavalier it's going to have to predict extremely well and cannot even abuse its STAB's while Escavalier is alive due to being massive pursuit bait, Exeggutor is also easily worn down with only Giga Drain keeping it healthy. Exeggutor can't even reliably switch into Slowking because of Fire Blast and a Fighting Gem CC from Hitmonlee does around 46% which means Exeggutor would need to remain fairly healthy to prevent a Hitmonlee sweep.

I also would not compare Samurott to Scizor at all, Samurott actually does work against Team 2, Slowking cannot take a Hydro Pump + Megahorn after SR, Escavalier only needs to be worn down to 70% for it to be in range of a Hydro Pump killing it and Accelgor + Hitmonlee have no chance of taking a Hydro. While Samurott can't really switch into anything barring Iron Head from Escavalier and Surf from Slowking with no TR up there is also nothing on Team 2 that can reliably take it on.

if samurott had hp fire over aqua jet...

but okay is cleary the best choice Silvershadow234's Samurott

Golurk and Medicham are countered by dangerous threats(tangrowth and spiritomb) and Exeggutor is much predict games

Your not really pointing out any of the flaws that Exeggutor has, first of all for Exeggutor to beat Escavalier it's going to have to predict extremely well and cannot even abuse its STAB's while Escavalier is alive due to being massive pursuit bait, Exeggutor is also easily worn down with only Giga Drain keeping it healthy. Exeggutor can't even reliably switch into Slowking because of Fire Blast and a Fighting Gem CC from Hitmonlee does around 46% which means Exeggutor would need to remain fairly healthy to prevent a Hitmonlee sweep.

I also would not compare Samurott to Scizor at all, Samurott actually does work against Team 2, Slowking cannot take a Hydro Pump + Megahorn after SR, Escavalier only needs to be worn down to 70% for it to be in range of a Hydro Pump killing it and Accelgor + Hitmonlee have no chance of taking a Hydro. While Samurott can't really switch into anything barring Iron Head from Escavalier and Surf from Slowking with no TR up there is also nothing on Team 2 that can reliably take it on.
Correct me if I'm wrong but ur saying that Exeggutor is bad because it can't switch in to a few attacks while samurot is great and it can switch into only piloswine. Samurot couldn't ohko escavalier, scizor can't ohko Landorus. Hitmonlee beats samurot one on one and so what if hitmonlee can't switch in because samurot only can switch into piloswine as every other poke can seriously damage it. Also extreme prediction to hp die an escavalier. It's a 50-50 and if you win that ur set to wall break. We will have 2 good players battling and I'm sure they are capable of "extreme predictions".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)