Counter that Pokemon - Mk III [Silvershadow234 vs. New Breed]

Scorp Destroyer it can beat all members bar druddigon one on one and is a solid absol counter too. Hitmonlee is too frail and doesnt sweep effectively and rhydo is damaged by all members while not ohkoing in return.

Rhydon, I'd personally reserve something like Hitmonlee for later on if the other team ends up having a weakness on it rather than put it in now smack dab in the middle of it all where it can easily be countered. Plus Rhydon has Stealth Rocks, and great physical bulk with a nice Attack stat to back it up.

OK, normally I'd like a difference of two betweenthe winner and the runner-up, but this has gone on long enough. Double01's Hitmonlee wins over my Rhydon :(((((((((

lol jk, but I'm quite surprsed at already choosing an endgame sweeper. You can start nominating again for team 2

Armaldo @ Lum Berry
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spd
Adamant nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

We're supposed to be countering the other team, so where they have Stealth Rock, we must have Rapid Spin (rocks won't hurt either). Although our Spanish armor monster may not be very common in RU, he's the rapid spinner we deserve. He's bulky enough to survive at least two hits from either side (making him a safe switch-in), and powerful enough to OHKO both Absol and Accelgor. Although it needs two hits KO Druddigon, its 28 speed EVs are enough to outspeed Druddigon, and Drud is forced into an Outrage because its next best option 3HKOs. Armaldo: more than a utility.

edit: replaced Swords with Rocks after testing confirmed that Rocks will be more helpful, especially against this team.

Piloswine (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Piloswine would be an extremely cool addition to Team 2, being able to switch into Druddigon fairly easily and bringing the welcome addition of SR. With Eviolite Piloswine has exceptional bulk, being able to tank an Accelgors Focus Blast (70.79%-83.66%) and a Superpower from Absol (67.82%-79.7%) in the case of an emergency. Piloswine can outspeed Druddigon and easily kill it with an Icicle Crash followed by Ice Shard. Piloswine also has good synergy with the rest of Team 2, being able to take Electric attacks aimed at Slowking while Slowking can take the Fighting and Water type attacks that Piloswine hates, along with Escavalier who can take Grass type attacks aimed at Pilo. This set also fits in with what Team 2 seems to be going for, Bulky Offense.

Entei @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Grass

Even though we just picked up a revenge killer/sweeper, i think that Entei is still a good choice to double down on that role. CB Entei is just something you simply have to prepare for, which will give the rest of our team a bit of an edge. This dog mauls all three of team 1's mons with its boosted ExtremeSpeed (252 Atk Choice Band Entei (+Atk) ExtremeSpeed vs 252 HP/0 Def Druddigon: 40.22% - 47.49%). Entei is simply a house and currently acts as a another great check against everything team 1 is packing right now.

edit: decided on HP Grass, thanks DrRobotnik

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
First this: Megapants, is that an Entei cake!?

Now for team 2, and come on people, it needs some kind of bulk! I'll update this post with my spiritomb later on.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

emboar is a excelent choice for team 2, he can enter in absol (Night Slash + Superpower never OHKO) and kills everything with superpower (Accelgor is OHKOed and Druddigon had a 65% to chance of OHKO) and is a very good wallbreaker with very few switch'ins and in trick room is a excelent pokemon

Sandslash @ Soft Sand
252 attack 248 hp 8 speed
Earthquake
Stone edge
Stealth Rock
Rapid spin

Sandslash can provide us with rocks, a spinning ability and edge-quake. It can 1hko every member bar druddigon which it can 2hko and it also has the bulk to live a hit. This gives team 2 much needed rocks and allows us freedom to pick a stealth rock weak poke if neccesary. Also controlling hazards is huge in this project do having rocks and spin support at this stage will be very beneficial.
With our next picks we can choose pokes that fully counter team 1's next picks as we have rocks and a spinner so we control hazards so we can focus on using hard pokes to counter and hard counters. Moltres is now a poke we can choose and any other rock weak poke and we can add another trick roomer as sandslash likes trick room in some ways as he's not that quick but druddigon would outspeed him under trick room but you can't outspeed someone in and out of trick room without priority.
Finally the advantages that it has over the other pokes are that it beats everything one on one and gives us rocks and spins. It also is difficult to switch into thanks to edge-quake and also provides good bulk too!

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sandslash

It provides rocks and gives us an opportunity to pick powerful SR-weak Pokemon due to Rapid Spin support. Based on the description, it seems to nicely fit with countering team 1 and unlike Armaldo, isn't SR-weak.

Sandslash it also beats all the members and can live an attack from anything. It also beats everything too and sets up rocks and gives spin support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)