Project Counter that Threat! 21st Week: Snover - Counters Submissions

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Rowan, since i consider it the most viable and effective.

But i really like Briyella's Psyduck :D

Voting Psyduck cuz Psyduck is life.

I have noticed whenever i reserve a pokemon i forget all about this.... Perhaps I should post the set when I think of it rather than waiting a night. Oh well...

Rowan won this, ban switching in Ponyta on Ponyta imo. This week's threat is Mixed Fletchling

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpA / 20 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Aron @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower
- Rock Polish

200+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 36 HP / 116+ Def Aron: 2-3 (9 - 13.6%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock

Fletchling's Acrobatics does 2 HP damage 94% of the time. Hidden Power Grass + Overheat activates Berry Juice, and allows Aron to switch in on Fletchling, set up Rock Polish and then be at 100% health, easily OHKOing Fletchling with Head Smash, and is also threatening afterwards due to the Rock Polish boost.

Last edited:

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ground
- Heal Bell

The go-to stop to Fletchling. HP Grass is the best Fletch can do, and that won't be killing chou anytime soon. Chinchou easily forces Fletchling out with a STAB Volt Switch.

I'll put calcs here when the calculator is back up.

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog/U-Turn
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Archen is the perfect counter for fletch, As It carries really little damage for it, and doesnt really care about being trapped by digglet with the U turn version(You have to scout what kind of fletch it is ), so it can be switched on Flet on near every circunstances, I use Rock slide over stone edge because hax loves me, and Archen can also learn U turn to keep monmentum going if your team dont really need Defog,

obs: Will be posting the calcs lately

Last edited:

innovamania

WEESNAWW
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Recycle
- Fire Punch
- Curse

Munchlax is probably one of the best stops to that set and here's why. Thick Fat combined with natural bulk means Munchlax takes nothing from Overheat. Acrobatics does about 60% to Munchlax, (damage calculator was down so I can't get specific calcs this was just from testing with a freind.) which brings it low enough to activate berry juice and your back to full health and you can curse on the acro and proceed to ohko Fletchling even without rocks. Even without the boost body slame still 2hkoes Fletching and has the chance to paralyze if they attempt to roost stall you. Fire Punch gives you coverage to beat steal types and is better then eq because it beats Bronzor and Ferroseed, and Recycle makes sure you have Psuedo recovery The reason I think this works really well, is that not only does it perfectly counter Fletchling but it also has a lot more use outside of that and is easy to fit on most team archetypes.

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief

If Snubbul switch on Acro he'll get 3HKOed, but with bj the 3HKO become a 5HKO
Overheat drop makes Snub win
HP Grass doesn't do nothing

archeopteryx (Archen) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 80 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn/knock off
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock/defog

Laughs at everything fletch can throw at it and uses rock slide. A great counter because of roost, as it can come in on fletch over and over and over again and just roost damage off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)