Counter This Pokemon [ginganinja vs TEMP V1]

Stratos

Banned deucer.
only real reason to oppose kyurem is that it's not a true Rotom counter until it tricks away its scarf - and seeing how it'd be the only mon we have so far that isn't outsped and 2hkoed or worse, the switch would usually be fairly obvious, and then we have a neutered kyurem.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
only real reason to oppose kyurem is that it's not a true Rotom counter until it tricks away its scarf - and seeing how it'd be the only mon we have so far that isn't outsped and 2hkoed or worse, the switch would usually be fairly obvious, and then we have a neutered kyurem.
There's another reason to oppose it, to be honest: it cannot set up hazards, and I still think that SR is quite essential and that we cannot afford to not having a SR user. And, obviously, we don't want to pick one as our last pick, since we need the freedom to either counter their two last picks, or to pick Politoed, or both (if Politoed acts as a counter).

Also, on a different argument, why all those people keep suggesting Politoed when it was heavily discussed in earlier stages and we all agreed that it's better to last pick it or just don't pick it at all? It would be nice that newcomers read the previous pieces of discussion instead of stepping into the thread and suggest questionable at best pokemons, strategy-wise.

Also: where is NixHex? We have plenty of sets suggested and the discussion is dying out, in my opinion. Would be a nice moment to start voting...

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just pointing out that the things that can counter Rotom W and don't mind a scarf is a pretty fucking small list. I don't mind Kyurem since it actually doesn't mind getting a scarf (its not crippling at least). Whatever we pick, I would prefer that it checks Rotom W / Mamoswine since atm those are the most threatening pokemon to Team 1 as it stands. Something like Ferrothorn might not be a bad option.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ithilanor's Infernape

Lavos Spawn's Politoed

Electrolyte's Lucario

Arcticblast's Hydreigon

ginganinja's Kyurem

ganj4lF's Deoxys-D

ClubbingSealCub's Infernape

G-Von's Haxorus

PapaBearAds's Gyarados

Skore's Blissey

alexwolf's Genesect

FaceFaceFace's Scrafty

PieGuy13's Keldeo

CrackinSkulls's Celebi

Xelacalle's Kabutops

Pwnemon's Latios

ioliolk's Politoed

I'm here! Busy day yesterday, sorry guys. Here are the multitude of sets submitted up until today. However I noticed a problem: two people submitted two Pokemon each. Remember, post only one, as the rules of each nomination period state. Also, there was a lot of debate about each set, so make sure to scan through all posts from the nomination (page 16) to this page and read these criticisms. They will definitely influence your vote and we want as good of a pick as possible; I know a lot of people were upset about picking Metagross. C'mon guys, didn't you read this article in the latest issue of The Smog?

Anyway, time for voting. Post the username whose Pokemon for which you want to vote in bold. For instance, if I wanted to vote for ginganinja's Kyurem, my post would look like this:

ginganinja

That's what your post should look like. Do not nominate more Pokemon, do not debate or complain about the sets submitted. Discussion is over so just vote. You have as much time as I can muster. Thank you guys for hanging onto this even with my lack of activity.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ginganinja

I really, really don't want Infernape. Not only does 50% of its STAB get weakened if we do go rain, but it utterly fails to Rotom W, which can Hydro Pump our entire team. We NEED a water resist somewhere, and Infernape does not give us this. Infernape can also only switch into ONE pokemon on Team #2, as a paralysis from Celebi cripples it (making us even more Mamo weak), EQ from Mamo, and Hydro Pump from Rotom W all prevent it from switching in. I am aware that we want Stealth Rock, but honestly, id rather pick Deoxys D!

Voting for myself because a) it has the 2nd most votes and I rly don't want Nape to win, and b) its gives us a water resist which we don't have. If we pick Nape, I am 90% sure that either we don't run Rain (I guess thats not so bad but its annoying) or we get utterly destroyed by Rotom W (which I don't see how to fix since we have like 2 slots left after Nape, with no water resist and a possible Politoed to go (which loses to Rotom W)). Anyway, thats my personal opinion, either vote for a better Stealth Rocker, or vote for a water resist (doesn't even have to be me, just something that can handle Rotom W T_T).

Personally I think that a great deal of the pokemon we have listed are good choices for this slot. However, Infernape is not one of them.
For that reason I'm going to vote tactically and vote for

Ginganinja

also I move that T1 should be renamed to Ginganinja's team (or at least Team G)

ginganinja

I know the SR weakness is off-putting, but Infernape is really shit against team 2, and will make rain considerably less effective. A spinner really isn't the end of the world, and Kyurem does great otherwise.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ginganinga's Kyurem: 9
clubbingsealcub's Infernape: 6
papabearads's Gyarados: 1

Kyurem @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure
52 HP / 220 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
-Earth Power
-Roost

With a small concentration of votes for how many Pokemon were submitted this round, ginganinja has once again earned the most votes with Kyurem. So far, ginganinja and ClubbingSealCub have an opportunity to represent Team 1 in our best of 3 match! Now, we move on to Team 1's fifth Pokemon! Please submit one set including the Pokemon's name, sprite, item, ability, nature, moves, and EVs. Do not include slashes in your submissions.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Well I have been looking through the 1st team seeing that a Scarfer, and a water resist would be pretty nice for this team. With Rotom-W's excellet coverage and overall good defenses it can easely dodge water attacks, and with Levitate giving the team another immunity to ground helping Metagross out a lot. Also Rotom-W is a great counter to Mamoswine mainly Metagross biggest fear when it comes in unharmed or carrying a sash, Rotom-W can easy come in on Earthquake, and just Hydro Pump it. As I was looking for something to fit in on the team, a pokemon with great synergy to this team Rotom-W was perfect, mainly because it has one weakness in Grass that is resisted by Thundurus-T, Metagross and Kyurem.

Rotom-W also packs the always usefull Volt Switch giving the team momentum whitch a offensive team like this need to have. Also I gave Rotom Hidden Power [Ice] instead off Fire because it hits Celebi. And Thundurus-T, and Meloetta can take care off Heatran and Rotom-W. Well that is all I had ! :)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We have Meloetta with a set that induces many switches, yet we have no hazards... BLASPHEMY

Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Only Ferrothorn sets up both hazards as effortlessly as Deoxys-D. Deoxys-D does more than that though - it prevents the opponent from setting up hazards with Taunt. This is a big pro for our team with 2 SR weak mons, 1 choiced mon, and 1 LO mon. The opposing team has NOTHING that prevents Deo-D from setting up at least SR + 1 layer of Spikes before it goes down.

Enough Speed to beat Genesect and max HP. The leftover EVs goes into Special Defense so Geneset doesn't fuck us over with +1 Bug Buzz.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One think to check before suggesting a mon, is what threats are dangerous for our 5-man team, and if a sole poke can cover the most important of them. For example if we go for Pocket's Deoxys-D, then SD Terrakion, RP Genesect, any Volcarona, CM Keldeo, Garchomp, DD Gyarados and Sandslash in sand (yeah don't laugh, because as of now it can sweep the whole team with one SD under his belt) all become very huge threats. Can we cover most of them in the last slot? The answer is of 'course no. The problem with Deoxys-D, is that he can get set-up on by many faster pokes, and because we have no scarfers or strong priority, not even very fast pokes (SD Garchomp sweeps us), one turn of set-up could very well mean gg. My opinion is that we should find something that leaves little to zero set-up room, while also having SR, which is a must and i don't want us to be forced to use it in our last mon, as this would limit us greatly. So for now here is my suggestion:

Terrakion @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor (replaced SD after ginganinja's suggestion)
- Stealth Rock

With Terrakion we get a lot of offensive pressure, which means that the opponent will have a hard time setting up on this beast. It is also very fast allowing us to revenge kill troublesome threats, such as Garchomp, opposing Thundurus-T, Landorus and also speed tie with the 108 base speed group. It also can ohko everything at team 2. Terrakion can easily set-up SR against Heatran, or if he forces out Mamoswine. Finally it provides us with a fire type resistance and thus a Volcarona counter, which is very important. The 4 SpD evs are there so that Genesect doesn't get the SpA boost. I think that Terrakion fits like a glove!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)