1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Courtesy Among Staff Members

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by Aeolus, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

There has been a tremendous lack of both courtesy and respect among the staff recently, and it should not go on unchecked. I realize that it isn't my place to issue orders dictating how things should go on around here, but attention needs to be drawn to this. If you have a problem with how someone on the staff is doing their job, I suggest you PM them about it yourself and respectfully communicate your concern. If you aren't up to that, contact an admin and let them know about the situation. Don't go on a tirade of name calling in a publicly viewable place. You discredit yourself more thoroughly than the target of your insults when that happens.

The public display of immaturity that has become commonplace in #smogon and the NB chat is simply unacceptable; too often we undermine ourselves. If we go around calling each other stupid and inept in public for everyone to see, what level of respect can we justifiably demand from our users?

In sum, stop undermining your fellow staff members. We're all on the same team; it is time we acted like it.
  2. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Read, agree 100%. Not sure if I'm culpable lately but if I have a problem I'll be certain to keep my mouth shut.
  3. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

agree with contents, although i haven't seen much in the way of disagreement/argument lately. i'm around to listen if anyone needs anything ;-*
  4. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

um, okay, sure.

Anyway, if this NB-related then obviously I have no part in it, but if I'm at fault please give me something a bit more direct >.>
  5. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not directing this at anyone in particular... I'm not even excusing myself.

I'm just hoping that we get better in the future; that is all.
  6. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

I agree completely with the sentiments of this thread. I just want to let everyone know that I may act like a hardass sometimes but I'm just a lovey-dovey guy made of rainbows and gumdrops, and if I ever call you a name publicly I assure you it's in jest and I'll make it obvious that it is so.
  7. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Red.

Green too.
  8. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Barely if ever noticed. Read nonetheless.
  9. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

done it, and I still do it occasionally.

I find it difficult to say I wont do it anymore. But its a great team concept and I'll keep it in consideration.
  10. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

Just bumping this thread becaused I've noticed this sort of stuff crop up again recently. It hasn't been nearly as bad now that Justin has left... but let's work together guys!
  11. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If this is regarding my avatar it's just a joke -_-
  12. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

except for the case of justin i do not even see this as an issue at all
  13. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

I haven't noticed it recently. Justin always gets a bit out of line, I don't think he's ever going to get his admins back. I'm tired of this nonsense.
  14. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

15. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

hmmm... yep, looks like I missed something YET again
  16. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I think Aeolus was in a fight against himself...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)