Courtyard Colosseum Team!

This is the team I used to complete the Courtyard Colosseum Survival Battle on PBR. The main strategy of this team is to abuse Groudon/Kyogre and the weather they induce. Since Groudon and Kyogre are doing most of the battling, the rest of the team is built around them for backup/support. Rate my team that conquered the Colosseum and post any suggestions, as this is my first post here on Smogon. I'm always looking for improvement. :)

Keep in mind:
- Battles held in the Courtyard Colosseum begin under a fog weather condition.
- Item clause isn't in effect here.
- Trainers 1-9 have 1 Pkmn, Trainers 10-29 have 2 Pkmn, Trainers 30-39 have 3 Pkmn, Trainers 40+ have 4 Pkmn.
- Pokemon are not healed after each battle. Instead, there is a roulette spun to decide the type/amount of recovery your team will receive. The 5 types of recovery are: Complete, Hp, PP, Status, and Item. Additionally, each option has 2 different colors which determine if your whole team receives the recovery or only one.
- In between battles, I was lucky enough to heal my team almost to 100% everytime.

Name: Groudon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drought
Nature: Adamant
Ev: 252 Atk/252 Sp.D/4 Def
Attacks:
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Claw
-Stealth Rock

Summery: Due to the Courtyard Colosseum naturally being engulfed in fog, my Groudon starts off by creating endless sunlight. Using SR 1st turn rids all the opponent's focus sashes(if any) which are very common and force the opponent to think twice about switching. Once SR is in play, Groudon goes onto the offense. EQ is for good STAB, Fire punch/dragon claw provides excellent coverage, while fire punch gets x1.5 boost from drought. Lum berry is to prevent status from popular lead pokemon.

Name: Kyogre @ Life Orb
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Modest
Ev: 252 Sp.A/252 Spe/4 Hp
Attacks:
-Water Spout
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Toxic

Summery: Kyogre is up second because if Groudon ever fainted and I messed up at the recovery wheel, Drizzle would still eliminate the fog. Under the effects of rain, STAB Water spout gets a x1.5 boost and thunder has 100% accuracy. Ice beam is to hurt grass types that switch in. Toxic is to do away with more "bulky" opponents if its other attacks won't do or their PP runs low.

Name: Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Timid
Ev: 4Hp/252 Sp.A/252 Spe
Attacks:
-Dark Void
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse

Summery: If for some reason Groudon and Kyogre faint, Darkrai is next up in line. Simply put, Dark Void the opponent to sleep, set up a sub, then Nasty Plot away. Once your stats are raised, a +6 STAB Dark Pulse will put a serious dent in anything that doesn't resist it. Leftovers is to recover hp/substitute damage.

Name: Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Ev: 252 Sp.A/252 Spe/4 Def
Attacks:
-Taunt
-Role Play
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball

Summery: The second wave of offense. Its holding Leftovers to heal off hp. With his 394 speed, Mewtwo comes in and Taunts the opponent to oblivion. His lack of STAB move(s) is to provide better coverage with Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball. Role Play is the secret weapon behind this set if used correctly. Due to Drought and Drizzle present on this team, many opponents send out pokemon with Chlorophyll or Swift Swim attempting to take advantage of my weather. The opponent will be surprised when Mewtwo Role Plays their ability raising his speed to 788, out-speeding almost everything!! Additional abilities Role Play worthy: Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, and Clear Body.

Name: Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
Ev: 252 Sp.A/252 Sp.D/4 Spe
Attacks:
-Spacial Rend
-Surf
-Aura Sphere
-Draco Meteor

Summery: Palkia's main goal is to absorb grass and electric attacks aimed at Kyogre. Taking advantage of Drizzle's endless rain, Surf gets an extra x1.5 boost. Palkia's signature Lustrous Orb raises it's dragon/water attacks by 20%. This combination of attacks provide great coverage and is resisted by none.

Name: Machamp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
Ev: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Attacks:
-Dynamic Punch
-Stone Edge
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

Summery: Scarf Machamp is to clean up the messes the rest of the team made. Thanks to No Guard, Stone Edge and STAB Dynamic Punch inflict massive damage with 100% accuracy. Ice Punch/Thunder Punch provide Machamp with that good 'ol "boltbeam" coverage.

Threat-list:

The roasters of your opponents seem to be determined by what pokemon you bring to the table. It seems the 100 trainers will only use pokemon that counter your present team. Here's a list of common threats I encountered with this team:

- Focus Sash: If I didn't use Stealth Rock, most opponents would have a Focus Sash turning most of my OHKO's into 2 or 3HKO's.
- Jumpluff: It's Chlorophyll raises speed to 700 and its grass attacks add up against Groudon/Kyogre.
- Froslass: Usually changes the weather with Hail. Also has Blizzard, Sheer Cold, and Destiny Bond.
- Mamoswine: Usually tries to Fissure/Sheer Cold everything and/or just uses Hail/Sandstorm.
- Dodrio: Endeavors 1st turn, Plucks/Drill Pecks 2nd turn or revenge kills with Quick Attack.
- Hypno: Always uses Hypnosis(which never missed unfortunately), then Future Sights. Usually carries Ice Punch/Dream Eater.
- Whiscash: Watch out for Fissure!! loves to use Rain Dance.
- Ninetails: Uses Sunny Day against my Kyogre's rain.
- Forretress: RAPID SPINNER!! Also likes to lay entry hazards, then explode.
- Breloom: Seed bombs dent Groudon/Kyogre. Spore is used a lot as well.
- Lapras: A perish trapper. Double Teams behind a sub, then Whirlpool/Perish Song everything.

Most, if not all of the threats you listed can be dealt with by just 1 of your pokemon. Just saying.

Also, "Summary"

J-j-jumpluff? That fluffball with base 55 Atk and SAtk? Threat? Either that's one wimpy Groudon, or I'm missing something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)